+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4587Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3711216;
    Why did she not tell it 10 years ago, then, when she told Chynna about it?
    Maybe she wasn't ready, maybe she thought people would judge and shun her?

As for her telling her story "for the money". Who cares? People write books about all different kinds of trauma (surviving a plane crash, 9/11 experiences, losing a child, etc.), and if they can gain some financial gain for talking about a horrible experience, why can't Mackenzie?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3711222;
    Maybe she wasn't ready, maybe she thought people would judge and shun her?

As for her telling her story "for the money". Who cares? People write books about all different kinds of trauma (surviving a plane crash, 9/11 experiences, losing a child, etc.), and if they can gain some financial gain for talking about a horrible experience, why can't Mackenzie?
    Do you mean "judge and shun her", like people are doing now?

I swear, I feel like you have been peeking into my head for the last couple of days!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I am not taking anything personal. I do not discuss my past, that is what it is past. No one on here knows what I have been through and never will. No where have I ever said that her father was not to blame, if it happened. I don't know if it did. All I have said is I am tired of "celebrities" writing books, then saying oh yeah my childhood was terrible, I am so screwed up. I do not want to hear it any more. I got over it, they can too. But then I am not out trying to sell a book, movie, cd, etc.
    There's no place like home!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3711132;
    AZChristian--thank you for all you are contributing to this thread--and especially to how people can come to some understanding of what this kind of experience means in a person's life--and what they can do to survive it.

Sending good thoughts for you--and for all who have lived through something like this.
    Sharing, for me, really helps with the healing process. I am humbled by the kind words you and other have said, and appreciate them so much. Each word of encouragement makes us stronger to continue fighting the battle we're in, or to take on another.

Another thing, she never said she was sexually abused as a child. This happened when she was an adult. She admits it to being consensual, I dont need to hear about it. There is a big difference between sexual abuse and consent. What she consented to was just wrong.

FORT Fogey

What is stunning is how many other women are coming out and telling their stories. I just caught the very end of Access Holllywood tonight with Christina Aguilera telling her own story of sexual abuse.

I'll try to catch the re-run tonight and give a more detailed report.

Captain--I am so sorry about what happened to you and I'm sorry if it feels as though there is any sort of "piling on" here.

Each person handles this differently and I am happy that you've been able to survive and to live the kind of life you chose to live.

Sending good thoughts for you and for all who have been through this kind of experience.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3711160;
    I would just like to point out something about the various posts on here. In my original post on the subject, I indicated that I had an abusive childhood without going into detail. AZChristian and imissme went into somewhat more detail about their childhoods. My post was essentially ignored, the other two have inspired conversation. This in itself should be indication enough that abuse victims should shine the light on their experiences and let the world know, because this is a subject that should not be avoided, ignored, swept under the rug. The more people are made aware of these things, they more they think about these things and the more attention they'll pay to what's going on around them, with the neighbours, with their kid's friends and, unfortunately, in their own families.
    Rattus--hi. I am so sorry that happened to you.

And I apologize for missing your earlier post.

Thank you for speaking out about your experience. As is becoming very apparent--when this is brought into the public eye so many many other victims/survivors are helped by hearing that they are not alone.

And so many more people are made aware of this kind of situation--and are enabled to understand and help those who do go through this kind of experience.

And we do understand that each person deals with and survives this kind of experience in their own way.

Sending good thoughts for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3711462;
    Rattus--hi. I am so sorry that happened to you.

And I apologize for missing your earlier post.
    Not to worry. I was just pointing out that if people remain quiet about whatever has happened, it tends to be overlooked, so talk away. If it bothers some people, well that's a shame, but it will do other people more good in the long run.

And with respect to these specific events taking place when Mackenzie was an adult, yes, that's true, they did. But I have read many accounts over the years (I have a fascination with the music scene of sixties Los Angeles), some specific to the Mamas and the Papas, some with only their peripheral involvement, and I have no hesitation in believing that her childhood was appalling by anyone's standards and it is no wonder she turned out the way she did, and it's less of a wonder her relationship with her father was so skewed.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Rattus--hi. Mackenzie's half-sister Chynna was on Oprah tday and they played excerpts on ET on CBS.

Chynna says she has known about this since Mackenzie told her ten years ago. And that she had no problem then believing that it had happened.

After watching my friend go through the agony of having her parents try to deny that their close family friend had molested her I feelppain and anger every time I hear Michelle Philips and other family members try to deny that this happened.

I know intellectually why this denial occurs--but I also have some idea of how much pain this denial causes the survivor.

I also saw how much it helped my friend to heal when she could talk about the experiences openly.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3711459;
    What is stunning is how many other women are coming out and telling their stories. I just caught the very end of Access Holllywood tonight with Christina Aguilera telling her own story of sexual abuse.

I'll try to catch the re-run tonight and give a more detailed report.

Captain--I am so sorry about what happened to you and I'm sorry if it feels as though there is any sort of "piling on" here.

Each person handles this differently and I am happy that you've been able to survive and to live the kind of life you chose to live.

Sending good thoughts for you and for all who have been through this kind of experience.
    I have never said anyone was piling on me here. There is no need to feel sorry for me. I just hope Mackenzie goes away from my tv.

+ Reply to Thread