+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4601Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Eddie Mekka, the guy who played Carmine "The Big Ragoo" Ragusa on LaVerne and Shirley was also busted for DUI recently. I saw his mug shot and have to say that he isn't aging well.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I found the news on Eddie Mekka and his mugshot is attached.

Eddie Mekka Mugshot!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Wow, he does look bad. Sure this isn't a picture of Gabe Kaplan?

'Laverne and Shirley' Star Eddie Mekka Arrested for DUI - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment - FOXNews.com
    The guy who played Carmine "The Big Ragoo" Ragusa on "Laverne and Shirley" was arrested last Friday in Las Vegas after he allegedly got into a drunken car crash.

Law enforcement sources tell us they received a call at around 12:30 PM about a collision with a "suspected drunk driver."

When officers arrived, they found Eddie Mekka and administered field sobriety tests. After the tests, Mekka was placed under arrest for suspicion of driving under the influence a misdemeanor.

As for the accident, we don't know any details, but we do know there were no injuries reported at the scene,

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3555024;
    Eddie Mekka, the guy who played Carmine "The Big Ragoo" Ragusa on LaVerne and Shirley was also busted for DUI recently. I saw his mug shot and have to say that he isn't aging well.

He is all but unrecognizable. I will admit to having a crush on The Big Ragu . . . but now . . . . not so much!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

MRD

Holy @#$#@!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT'S Carmine? I had such a big crush on him. He did NOT age well. Wow, just, wow.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Tell me why it is considered news on Canada AM to mention that Steven Baldwin has filed for bankruptcy?
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

Quote Originally Posted by sukee;3600211;
    Tell me why it is considered news on Canada AM to mention that Steven Baldwin has filed for bankruptcy?
    Unfortunately, our news also considers it news. They have repeated it many times thus far.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

LG.

I guess he should have stuck it out longer on I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Outta Here. Or won Celebrity Apprentice. Or won Celebrity Mole. Too bad Baldwin seems to be out of money, as he always cracks me up on reality shows.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Well, if nothing else this shows he probably hasn't been diverting money from his little "ministry". Or if he's been doing so, he's been overspending SO much that his churchy stuff hasn't been getting enough in donations to make a difference.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Okay - I'm bringing up the Jessica Simpson break-up topic again There was another headline about it yesterday, and it really bothered me.

Family worries for heartbroken Jessica Simpson after split from Tony Romo

The singer's parents have been pushing her to go out and enjoy herself since her breakup from Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo, People magazine reports.

But while she partied with some friends recently, Simpson may not be over her ex just yet.

"She feels she's being judged by the world and opts to hide out at home," a family friend revealed. "The family feels bad for Jessica. They worry for her a lot."
    There was also another article on People.com a couple of days ago - I'm just too lazy to look it up. It talked about the fact that Jessica went to stay with her parents at their house while dealing with the breakup. Anyway... the thing that really bothers me is her family being so very involved in her life still. She is 29 years old and still has to stay with her parents every time something goes wrong in her life? At some point her parents have got to quit coddling her and allow her to handle these life situations on her own. You know - as an adult, like the rest of us do. Until that happens, I don't see much hope for Jessica being a strong, independant woman that is ready for the life-long relationship/marriage that she so desperately craves. I really believe her parents are just hindering her as opposed to helping her at this point. We all have setbacks in our lives, and part of growing up is learning to handle them yourself. I'm not suggesting that she not talk to her parents about these things, just that she shouldn't have to move home each and every time something doesn't go right for her. It's not like they live across the country from her - you know?

This is all just my opinion, of course - and your mileage may vary considerably.

+ Reply to Thread