+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5524Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

The steroids I assumed... the coke I didn't know about. Coke makes you just as crazy as steroids so that had to be a very interesting combination to behold up close.

Report: Robert Pattinson Hit by Taxicab - Robert Pattinson : People.com

I seriously feel bad for this guy. At least he is okay. Hopefully the fans will back off after this.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Billy Joel is divorcing his wife of 5 years. Billy Joel and His Wife Split - Breakups, Billy Joel, Katie Lee Joel : People.com
    I think from the time that they married, i didn't believe it'd last. She was 22 when they married.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fanatic

Five years must have been in the prenuptial clause in order for her to get the big chunk of cash. Hope Mr Joel has some more jangles in his pocket if he expects to keep marrying women of this age and type.

FORT Fanatic

Oh, and the answer to the question of whether I in my twenties would marry him is a big Hell Yeah! Five years for a lifetime of finacial security seems fairly easy to do. And how much could a guy in his 60s expect from a woman anyway? Once a month and some chin whiping is probably the worst of it. Silly old man.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by imissme;3511279;
    Oh, and the answer to the question of whether I in my twenties would marry him is a big Hell Yeah! Five years for a lifetime of finacial security seems fairly easy to do. And how much could a guy in his 60s expect from a woman anyway? Once a month and some chin whiping is probably the worst of it. Silly old man.
    5 years can be an incredibly long time would be my guess depending on what one had to endure. And I have to laugh everytime I read someone in their 20's or younger making comments that indicate those in mid-life or well past have somehow lost the ability or desire. I somehow think you'd be surprised. The cost may be much higher than you'd ever expect.

I'm continually amazed to hear the expectation level of the youth of today. I am sure that plenty of people over the age of 50 are engaging in a fulfilled life!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3511680;
    I'm continually amazed to hear the expectation level of the youth of today. I am sure that plenty of people over the age of 50 are engaging in a fulfilled life!
    True, maybe he is dumping HER because she "dried up"!

(Actually, I think he sees a new challenge in Christy Brinkley saying she will NEVER remarry. )

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by imissme;3511279;
    Plenty of people in their 60's do the same things they did in their 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's, or even 80's. You are only as old as you feel. And what is so surprising is that there is so much ageism today. I thought that we had gotten past the point where people were expected to give up on life once they turn 50.

I'm sure Joel would laugh all the way to the bank and back hearing himself called a silly old man. Talent out the ears and more money than he can spend. I'd say he probably could care less about his age and what people think of him.
    I just hope he can avoid the golddiggers out there. I find it more outrageous that someone would marry an older man just for money with the expectation that they only had to endure 5 years of marriage to him. Sort of disgusting.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3511982;
    I find it more outrageous that someone would marry an older man just for money with the expectation that they only had to endure 5 years of marriage to him. Sort of disgusting.
    ITA!! I think that would be a terrible expectation for someone on either side of the marriage!!

+ Reply to Thread