+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4584Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

FORT Fanatic

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Let's face it, Candy Spelling is proof that money does not buy happiness. What a bitter, old, dried up, fart of a woman. Does it even occur to her that she raised Tori to be the way she is towards her mother?? Eww, cant stand this piece of dust.

Candy is trash. What else is new?

Tori is marginally better, although living your life through reality TV appearances is never all that pretty.

Knowing that I have to think that ol' Aaron might have been somewhat unpleasant to deal with as a father. If Tori didn't want to speak with him? I dunno... maybe she had her reasons. Or maybe Candy was the frickin problem all along and Aaron's lack of contact was just a side effect of that. I suppose I'd know more if I'd bother to read the book Tori apparently wrote, but I don't care enough. Certainly I ain't gonna be reading CANDY'S little copycat attempt at being in print.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I think both sides are probably at fault here. Problems are not usually one sided.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Whether or not what she claims is true, I wonder why is Candi so hard up for money that she needs to say such things? I would think she would have plenty of money and have a shred of concern for her grandchildren and thus keep her mouth shut.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

She's bitter because well, she has nothing left. She doesn't know her grandchildren and at this point is all alone. Her son must be living his own life as well. It's also why she's selling the castle. They're talking to anyone who'll put a mic in their face except to each other. They're so rich(oh, wait Tori is not rich) but, yet so destitute in what they need the most.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey

I always got a good vibe from Tori. I may be completely wrong, but my radar is usually good. I think she seems really down to earth, and I tend to see Candy as a manipulative witch.

I don't know what the anger is."
    Is she serious?!?! "You killed your father, why don't you like me?" Yeah, lady, there's a good way to get to see your grandchildren.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3474211;
    I think both sides are probably at fault here. Problems are not usually one sided.
    No. But its close to indefensible to publicly call out your daughter for "killing" her father. Unless she really did it, I mean, which is pretty unlikely. Aaron had years to deal with the problems with his daughter, this wasn't some abrupt shock delivered to him.

Honestly, I return to the idea that Candy was probably always a large part of the problem. Maybe it wasn't Aaron who Tori was miffed at. But again, I'd have to care a whole lot more than I do to know for sure. Anyone here ever bother reading Tori's book? I sure didn't.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Mindy McCready Headed to Rehab ... With Cameras - The Boot

Mindy McCready Headed to Rehab ... With Cameras
    Posted May 28th 2009 8:00AM by Beville Darden

Embattled singer Mindy McCready has been cast in the VH-1 reality show, 'Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew.' The show will follow eight celebrities as they go through an intense detoxification program. McCready's known vices are alcohol and prescription drugs.

Other troubled stars set to appear this season are basketball great Dennis Rodman, actress MacKenzie Phillips ('One Day at a Time'), former Hollywood Madame Heidi Fleiss, former 'America's Next Top Model' contestant Lisa D'Amato, former Alice in Chains bassist Mike Starr, former Miss United States Teen Kari Ann Peniche and former 'Real World Hollywood' star Joey Kovar.

McCready, whose best-known hits include 'Ten Thousand Angels' and 'Guys Do it All the Time,' has had a laundry list of troubles with drugs, alcohol and the law. She was arrested in 2004 for fraudulently obtaining prescription pills. In 2005, she was arrested for DUI and was arrested again just two months later on a string of charges, including identity theft and unlawful imprisonment. A subsequent arrest came in July 2007, when McCready allegedly assaulted her own mother and then resisted arrest. That incident resulted in her spending four months in a Tennessee jail. Another jail stint came last year after the singer violated her probation. Also in 2008, she entered rehab twice -- the second time after a failed suicide attempt.

McCready also made headlines last year after admitting to an affair with married baseball star Roger Clemens. The two met when the aspiring singer was just 15 years old, singing in a Florida karaoke bar. Clemens was already married with children at the time. Their alleged relationship lasted on and off through 2006.

The new season of 'Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew' will premiere in early 2010. Its host, Dr. Drew Pinsky, has helped celebrities ranging from Oscar-nominated actor Gary Busey to pro-wrestler Chyna defeat their addictions.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Premium Member

Susan Boyle is admitted to a hospital

British singing star Susan Boyle admitted to London mental clinic - Yahoo! Canada News

LONDON - Singer Susan Boyle was being treated for exhaustion at a mental health clinic Monday after taking second place in a TV talent competition that turned the humble church volunteer into a global star, the show's producers and a newspaper said.

Boyle was admitted to London's Priory Clinic on Sunday, a day after she finished behind a male dance group on the show "Britain's Got Talent," the Sun newspaper reported.

"Nobody has had to put up with the kind of attention Susan has had. Nobody could have predicted it," one of the show's judges, Piers Morgan, told breakfast TV show GMTV. "It has been crazy, she has gone from anonymity to being the most downloaded woman in history."

Boyle was favoured to win the show's finals - watched by more than 19 million people - after a clip from her first appearance became the fifth most-watched in YouTube history, viewed more than 220 million times.

The discovery that a woman from a small Scottish town was capable of singing very well on a national stage turned Boyle into a modern-day Cinderella. On Oprah Winfrey's U.S. television show, the singer had said she was "loving every second" of her unexpected stardom.

But much of the media storm surrounding her debut was laced with snide commentary about her looks, her social awkwardness and her remark that she had never been kissed.

Scotland's First Minister Alex Salmond was scathing about the media pressure, saying there were "elements of a press who like nothing better than to build people up and then drag them down."

By Friday, the pressure appeared to be building on the shy singer, who reportedly went into seclusion after exploding at journalists from Britain's notoriously aggressive tabloids.

Television company TalkbackThames on Monday said Boyle was "exhausted and emotionally drained" and was taking a few days off.

"She has been seen by her private GP (doctor), who supports her decision to take a few days out for rest and recovery," the company said.

London police would not confirm the report that Boyle was admitted to a clinic, but said doctors were called to assist a woman under the Mental Health Act, and the woman went voluntarily to a clinic.

The Priory - one of a chain of clinics known for treating celebrities including fashion model Kate Moss and musician Pete Doherty - offers treatment for a range of psychiatric problems as well as drug and alcohol addiction.

Boyle had looked tense and uncomfortable after giving a strong final performance Saturday night with "I Dreamed a Dream" from Les Miserables - the same song she chose for her April debut.

When Diversity was announced as the winner, she looked relieved and relaxed. Smiling broadly, she said the best act had won and wished the dance group all the best.

Boyle drew 20.2 per cent of the four million votes cast in the final, behind Diversity's 24.9 per cent.

+ Reply to Thread