+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4599Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Mike Tyson's daughter is on life support following a horrendous accident. I pray that little girl pulls through this.
    Is the mother of this girl the doctor that he was either married to or had a relationship with?
    Police: Mike Tyson's daughter on life support - Yahoo! News

PHOENIX – Boxer Mike Tyson's 4-year-old daughter is on life support after she was found with her neck caught in a cord of a treadmill machine Monday, police said.

Exodus Tyson's 7-year-old brother found her on a treadmill with her neck in the cord that dangles from the console of the exercise machine at their Phoenix home, police Sgt. Andy Hill said, calling it a "tragic accident."

The boy told Exodus' mother, who was in another room. She took Exodus off the cord, called 911 and tried to revive her.

Responding officers and firefighters performed CPR on Exodus as they rushed her to a nearby hospital, where she was in "extremely critical condition" and on life support, Hill said.

"Somehow she was playing on this treadmill, and there's a cord that hangs under the console — it's kind of a loop," Hill said. "Either she slipped or put her head in the loop, but it acted like a noose, and she was obviously unable to get herself off of it."

Hill said former heavyweight champion Tyson had been in Las Vegas but flew to Phoenix immediately after learning of the accident. Police didn't release the girl's name.

Tyson could not immediately be reached for comment but 42West, a New York City public relations firm representing him, released a statement on the family's behalf.

"The Tyson family would like to extend our deepest and most heartfelt thanks for all your prayers and support, and we ask that we be allowed our privacy at this difficult time," the statement said.

Brief footage from local TV station KTVK showed Tyson arriving at the hospital in a white button-up and black pants, and looking around with a frown before going inside.

Hill said everything in the investigation pointed to an accident. "There's nothing in the investigation that revealed anything suspicious," he said.

He added that responding to calls involving children is an officer's most difficult duty.

"Those are the things that stay with you in your career," he said. "We always hope for a miracle — not to have the worst happen to a child."

Oh Bunny that is so sad....I hope she pulls through, how awful. It obviously was a freak accident, but I remember when my brother and I were kids and our parents were out, we were pretending to play "hanging" like we would see on the show "Wild Wild West". We set up a noose and hung it off the second floor railing. Our parents walked in just in the nick of time....I think about that day often and wonder what made us think that it was ok to do that. Our guardian angels were looking out for us that day for sure.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I hate to say it, but I'm 99% sure that this is more a matter of when they turn off the machines.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The baby didn't make it.

Mike Tyson's daughter dies after accident in home

The four-year-old daughter of former heavyweight boxing champion Mike Tyson has died a day after what police are calling a "tragic accident" in her US home.

Exodus Tyson was pronounced dead in a hospital just before noon on Tuesday, Phoenix police spokesman Andy Hill said.

Police say the girl was playing on a treadmill on Monday in her central Phoenix home when her head apparently slipped inside a cord hanging under the console.

Exodus' seven-year-old brother found her and alerted his mother.

Responding officers and firefighters tried to resuscitate Exodus as they took her to the hospital, where she had been listed in critical condition since Monday.

Tyson was in Las Vegas at the time of the accident and flew to Phoenix on Monday.

AP
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have only had my treadmill a few weeks and already I have scolded both of my boys for playing with those darn hanging cords, including once my oldest putting the cord around my youngest's neck. this is just so sad.
    I am so glad mine is out in the garage where they have much less access to it.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

That's just heartbreaking. I"m sending out prayers to the family and may she rest in peace.

This is very sad to read. No matter how careful we are, accidents do happen. The only cord mine has is a thin, lightweight cord that has a magnet at one end and a clip at the other, which when used will stop the treadmill if the magnet becomes disengaged. Is this the kind of cord the article is referencing?

I remember when a gym I used to go to had to ban children from being in the exercise room with the parents because a little girl had part of her finger cut off from sticking it into the exercise bike while her mom was using it. Now that could have been prevented through common sense though.

My heart goes out to the Tyson family. I'm sure they are devastated.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

How incredibly sad, my heartfelt prayers to the Tyson family.

I have worked at gyms for over 20 years and have witnessed two tragic accidents right before my eyes...one was when a woman's shoelace got caught and it flipped her over the bar and onto the power outlet that was sticking out from the wall which she hit with her head. Luckily, she survived but spent a few days in the hospital and received many stitches. The other accident happened so quickly, I am not sure what caused it but it was as if the treadmill just picked up the person and flipped him. Those were the two where I was an eyewitness but there were many more that I didn't see.

My cat has even turned my treadmill on; luckily I was right there in the room and actually witnessed it. Treadmills can be very dangerous, even when we think we've put them in safe places.

So sad, my heart goes out to the Tyson family.

+ Reply to Thread