+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5270Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

The winner of Survivor - Africa has cancer and is in a fight for his life.

Survivor Winner Ethan Zohn Has Cancer
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3454691;
    The winner of Survivor - Africa has cancer and is in a fight for his life.

Survivor Winner Ethan Zohn Has Cancer
    The chances of a full recovery are in his favor...90%.....

Its hard to believe that no one thinks Megan Fox is hot. I don't think she's the new Angelina, as she looks nothing like her. Still, I think she is incredibly beautiful and I like that she speaks her mind. Her attitude about things cracks me up because she doesn't take herself too seriously. She just plays with the whole sex symbol image. She's a young girl still, so of course she's going to say over-the-top things sometimes. That's sometimes a part of being young.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Sean Penn changed his mind about getting divorced.
    Sean Penn withdraws bid to separate from wife - Road Runner
    Sean Penn has withdrawn his petition to separate from his wife of 13 years. The Academy Award winning actor was granted a dismissal Tuesday of his request for a legal separation from actress Robin Wright Penn.

Penn filed for separation in Marin County last month, but records show he moved to dismiss that filing. The record does not indicate why.

Penn told the New York Daily News that the filing was "an arrogant mistake."

The couple have had an on-off relationship. They filed for divorce in December 2007 but dismissed that petition several months later.

In February they attended the Academy Awards together, but the 48-year-old actor neglected to thank his wife after winning for his role in the drama "Milk."

He needs to make up his frickin mind!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Just when you thought the tabloid "press" couldn't stoop any lower
    Brooke Shields expresses concern for ailing mother's safety

Following a May 15 report on People.com revealing that the mother of Brooke Shields was inexplicably checked out of a dementia facility by reporters allegedly seeking a tabloid story, the actress has now gone public with the news that she initially checked her mother into the facility "for her safety."

Shields' statement to People, released Thursday, reads, "My mother, Teri Shields, has been diagnosed with dementia. For her safety, she has temporarily been in a senior living facility, a very difficult decision for me."

Friends of the actress say that the mother-daughter team have "a bond" and that despite a rocky relationship history, they are part of each other's lives.

Early in Shields' career, Teri acted as her daughter's manager; most memorably, she was publicly criticized in the late-1970s for allowing her then-12-year-old daughter to portray a child prostitute in the film "Pretty Baby." The actress relieved her mother of managerial duties in 1995, but the caretaker role-reversal has progressed as Teri Shields' health has deteriorated.

In response to Shields' decision to admit her mother to a facility, friend Anna Strasberg told People, "Teri may not be able to always have lucid moments, and she may not always be able to voice her feelings, but some moments [with Brooke] are beautiful."
    Brooke Shields expresses concern for ailing mother's safety -- chicagotribune.com
    This story literally makes me sick to my stomach. I can't even imagine how Brooke must be feeling. It's such a horrific invasion of her life and her mother's life. I just can't believe anyone thought this was even remotely acceptable. Those so-called "reporters" should be ashamed of themselves....and they should be fired immediately.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Unbelievable! I'd be outraged! Those reporters should be fired in the least. Couldn't charges be filed for something here?
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Fired, and brought up on charges of Kidnapping. This was so wrong in so many different ways.

The facility should be held responsible in some way as well. You just can't allow anyone to come in and sign someone out. My grandmother suffered from dementia as well, and even if Brooke's mom said she knew the person/people who checked her out the facility should know that her word is no longer always reliable. At any given moment they can believe that a stranger is someone they've known for years, and they will not recognize a member of their own family. It all depends on the day they are having.

I was completely outraged when I read about Brooke's mother. My grandmother has Alzheimer disease and I can't imagine someone taking advantage of her in that way. I hope those journalists are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. :nono
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread