+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 1098 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253931435431043 ... LastLast
Like Tree4586Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2135780;
    Anyone read that this Gest clown is going to be on the next "I'm a celebrity, get me out of here"? All the rest of the cast are unknowns to me. Guess none of them ever married Liza or I would have recognized their name.
    The U.K. one which is apparently a moderate success there, or are they actually daring to mount another U.S. version?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Krom, from the way I read it, it seems that it will be in the US. I don't know how to cut and paste but can email the article to anyone who wants to read it.
    It's in the Memohis Flyer, a little weekly paper here. As you probably know, Gest lives here.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2135871;
    Krom, from the way I read it, it seems that it will be in the US. I don't know how to cut and paste but can email the article to anyone who wants to read it.
    It's in the Memohis Flyer, a little weekly paper here. As you probably know, Gest lives here.
    But where they live doesn't always matter. The Brits have a thing for a lot of D-List American celebs.

Wikipedia actually says he's on the next (6th) U.K. version. That site is often inaccurate, but in this case it seems believable. The reason you haven't heard of any of the others is that they are all U.K. exclusive "celebs" (except for the Aussie), and not very big ones. But if you look at the casts of previous seasons, that's definitely the pattern.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I'm_a_Celebrity,_Get_Me_Out_of _Here!#Series_6

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Pamela Anderson Reportedly Suffers Miscarriage

Pamela Anderson Reportedly Suffers Miscarriage
    Actress, Wife of Musician Kid Rock, Is in Vancouver for Film

By BUCK WOLF
    Nov. 11, 2006

Actress Pamela Anderson has reportedly suffered a miscarriage.
    Anderson's rep, Tracy Nguyen, told Us Weekly that the 39-year-old actress is recovering from the ordeal, which happened last week.

Nguyen asked that "Pamela's privacy be respected at this time."

Nguyen did not immediately return a call from ABCNEWS.com. But People magazine claims it has confirmed that report.

Anderson, who is married to musician Kid Rock, is currently in Vancouver, British Columbia, filming her new movie, "Blonde and Blonder."

According to Us Weekly, a source said Anderson's pregnancy was in its early stages.

"It is what it is," said the source. "It was early enough."

Anderson and Kid Rock were married on Aug. 3, 2006.

The actress has two children Brandon, 10, and Dylan, 8 with her former husband, Tommy Lee.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Jack Palance dies

He was quite a character....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061110/...e/obit_palance

Oscar-winning actor Jack Palance dies 21 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES - Jack Palance, the craggy-faced menace in "Shane," "Sudden Fear" and other films who turned successfully to comedy at 70 with his Oscar-winning self-parody in "City Slickers," died Friday. Palance died of natural causes at his home in Montecito, Calif., surrounded by family, said spokesman Dick Guttman. He was 87.

When Palance accepted his Oscar for best supporting actor he delighted viewers of the 1992 Academy Awards by dropping to the stage and performing one-armed push-ups to demonstrate his physical prowess.

"That's nothing, really," he said slyly. "As far as two-handed push-ups, you can do that all night, and it doesn't make a difference whether she's there or not."

That year's Oscar host, Billy Crystal, turned the moment into a running joke, making increasingly outlandish remarks about Palance's accomplishments throughout the show.

It was a magic moment that epitomized the actor's 40 years in films. Always the iconoclast, Palance had scorned most of his movie roles.

"Most of the stuff I do is garbage," he once told a reporter, adding that most of the directors he worked with were incompetent, too.

"Most of them shouldn't even be directing traffic," he said.

Movie audiences, though, were electrified by the actor's chiseled face, hulking presence and the calm, low voice that made his screen presence all the more intimidating.

His film debut came in 1950, playing a murderer named Blackie in "Panic in the Streets."

After a war picture, "Halls of Montezuma," he portrayed the ardent lover who stalks the terrified Joan Crawford in 1952's "Sudden Fear." The role earned him his first Academy Award nomination for supporting actor.

The following year brought his second nomination when he portrayed Jack Wilson, the swaggering gunslinger who bullies peace-loving Alan Ladd into a barroom duel in the Western classic "Shane."

That role cemented Palance's reputation as Hollywood's favorite menace, and he went on to appear in such films as "Arrowhead" (as a renegade Apache), "Man in the Attic" (as Jack the Ripper), "Sign of the Pagan" (as Attila the Hun) and "The Silver Chalice" (as a fictional challenger to Jesus).

Other prominent films included "Kiss of Fire," "The Big Knife," "I Died a Thousand Deaths," "Attack!" "The Lonely Man" and "House of Numbers."

Forty-one years after his auspicious film debut, Palance played against type, to a degree. His "City Slickers" character, Curly, was still a menacing figure to dude ranch visitors Crystal, Daniel Stern and Bruno Kirby, but with a comic twist. And Palance delivered his one-liners with surgeon-like precision.

Through most of his career, Palance maintained his distance from the Hollywood scene. In the late 1960s he bought a sprawling cattle and horse ranch north of Los Angeles. He also owned a bean farm near his home town of Lattimer, Pa.

Although most of his film portrayals were as primitives, Palance was well-spoken and college-educated. His favorite pastimes away from the movie world were painting and writing poetry and fiction.

A strapping 6-feet-4 and 210 pounds, Palance excelled at sports and won a football scholarship to the University of North Carolina. He left after two years, disgusted by commercialization of the sport.

He decided to use his size and strength as a prizefighter, but after two hapless years that resulted in little more than a broken nose that would serve him well as a screen villain, he joined the Army Air Corps in 1942.

A year later he was discharged after his B-24 lost power on takeoff and he was knocked unconscious.

The GI. Bill of Rights provided Palance's tuition at Stanford University, where he studied journalism. But the drama club lured him, and he appeared in 10 comedies. Just before graduation he left school to try acting professionally in New York.

"I had always wanted to express myself through words," he said in a 1957 interview. "But I always thought I was too big to be an actor. I could see myself knocking over tables. I thought acting was for little ... guys."

He made his Broadway debut in a comedy, "The Big Two," in which he had but one line, spoken in Russian, a language his parents spoke at home.

The play lasted only a few weeks, and he supported himself as a short-order cook, waiter, lifeguard and hot dog seller between other small roles in the theater.

His career breakthrough came when he was chosen as Anthony Quinn's understudy in the road company of "A Streetcar Named Desire," then replaced Marlon Brando in the Stanley Kowalski role on Broadway. The show's director, Elia Kazan, chose him in 1950 to play a murderer in "Panic in the Streets," which starred Richard Widmark and Paul Douglas

Aww, I liked Jack Palance. I loved it when he did his one-handed pushups at the Oscars. RIP Jack.

Also sorry to hear about Pamela Anderson having a miscarriage. Although I don't care for her at all, I don't wish that kind of pain on anybody.

So while Pamela was suffering through a miscarriage, co-star Denise was chucking laptops out windows.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

I feel badly for Pamela's miscarriage. I hope she takes some time to heal. About Denise's interaction with the press, I'm not sure what to think about her.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

HOORAY FOR GEORGE!!

George Clooney Named PEOPLE's Sexiest Man Alive

Attachment 18543
    Brad Pitt, you've got company.

George Clooney has been named PEOPLE's Sexiest Man Alive for 2006 joining his pal Pitt as a two-time honoree.

"Brad's going to be upset," the 45-year-old Oscar winner tells PEOPLE in its special issue.

Then again, after the year Clooney's had, his buddy will understand. Hollywood's consummate gentleman kicked things off with an Academy Award (winning Best Supporting Actor for Syriana,) and Clooney further cemented his reputation for social activism, working on behalf of causes to help the troubled Darfur region of Sudan.

And through it all, he's kept his sense of humor intact. "There's a lot of pressure," he says of the Sexiest Man Alive honor. "There are all the events you have to show up for. The sash you have to wear is embarrassing."

In an exclusive interview with PEOPLE, Clooney sounds off on romance rumors, his thoughts on marriage and kids and what it's like to date a woman while photographers are tailing you.

On whether he'll ever have children:
    "I think it's the most responsible thing you can do, to have kids. It's not something to be taken lightly. I don't have that gene that people have to replicate. But everything in my life has changed over time."

On his vow to "never marry again" and whether he's changed his mind:
    "The truth is, I haven't softened my position on anything, but it's not something I deal with on a regular basis. Who knows? I've been married (in the early '90s, to actress Talia Balsam). It's not something I'm looking out for. The truth is, I'm really happy."

On what he finds attractive:
    "Everybody says this, but sense of humor is No. 1 for me. It's certainly what's most attractive. It's not the first thing you notice at 21, but it's the first thing you notice now. You also have to have a sense of humor about my life. It certainly has had an effect on relationships, but I would bet less of an effect than my own issues or insecurities. You can't really blame outside forces for things not working out. You have to take some responsibility."

On being in the tabloids:
    "I usually don't notice anymore. The funniest thing is that recently a story came out that I was with some girl from Deal or No Deal whom I had never even met."

On his favorite on-set pranks:
    "There were so many. It's a constant battle of evil, rotten things."

On being named Sexiest Man Alive for a second time:
    "This one's going to be hard for Brad (Pitt) since he's been Sexiest Man Alive twice. He's enjoyed that mantle. I'd say 'Sexiest Man Alive' to him and he'd go, 'Two-time.' So that's been taken away. We used to call him Two Time. So Brad's going to be upset."

http://people.aol.com/people/article...559649,00.html
    Last edited by hepcat; 12-12-2006 at 01:43 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I just adore George Clooney and love his sense of humor. They could certainly lay that title on him over and over and I'd agree.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread