+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4585Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3449699;
    If I am going to pick a mom though I am picking Kate over Octomom who will have her own show also. I don't have any problems with Kate and how she acts accept for how she seems to talk to Jon sometimes. I am not paying the bills nor is my tax money so I'd rather Bravo pays for their life than me and my hard earned money.
    These are the options? Kate or Octomom? I'll pick "none of the above." I'm sick of hearing about both of them.

I think Megan Fox is back with Brian Austin Green. Seems like they were broken up for a nanosecond and then back together. I'm not a big fan of MF, but I'd rather talk about her than Jon and Kate.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3449830;

No matter how anyone feels about Kate Gosselin or Octomom....everyone must agree that what is best for the children is growing up in front of cameras is not healthy especially if your parents do nothing but fight.
    Jon & Kate talk to EW about life in the fishbowl: Exclusive! | Showbiz News and Scoop | Studio and Network Dish | EW.com
    Nope, can't agree with that, sorry. I recognize that those kids see what goes on in their house everyday - not simply what is shown on TV as their only impression of their family. So if they see the same sort of normal bickering between parents that happens in a family, AND also see love and affection given to them from their parents, than I think they're as well off as kids in any normal healthy family in this country. And that's my final comment on J&K.

I agree that this whole Megan Fox thing is more interesting right now. From what I've seen, it seems like she's trying to take over the role in Hollywood strangness that Angelina Jolie has abandoned now that she's the wife and mother image. Everything I've seen seems that she's basically hinting at things to get people talking, without offering any details or anything. Is that about right?

I also think it's high time that all these celebs drop the idea of "becoming" gay to get press. First Lohan, and now Fox. It just seems fake, and perpetuates the myth that sexuality is something you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3449869;
    it seems like she's trying to take over the role in Hollywood strangness that Angelina Jolie has abandoned now that she's the wife and mother image.
    She's generally regarded as having the looks to take up that Jolie-sized hole left in pop culture, I think, but probably not the Jolie-sized acting chops to supplement that.

In other words, she could do "Tomb Raider" justice, but wouldn't pass the audition stage for "Girl, Interrupted".

She's even made sure she has the Jolie-esque excessive tatooing.
    Last edited by Krom; 05-14-2009 at 12:24 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

meh, she's pretty, like thousands of other wannabe starlets, but she doesn't catch my eye like Angelina does
    Self-reliance is the only road to true freedom, and being one's own person is its ultimate reward.
    --Patricia Sampson

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You've seen one, you've seen 'em all.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I wouldn't know who meagan fox was if she fell down in front of me.lol
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

The people at E! online seem to really have it for her as far as pictures, and Zac Efron (okay), and Hugh Jackman (rightfully so!!!!)

but they also push the Kardashians and Denise Richards, so no accounting for taste there.

although I appreciate their HJ postings.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

I mean part of that is yes, E! does air shows with the Kardashians and Denise...speaking of which, this is kind of random but I wonder if on the next season of her show they will show when she filmed her stuff for Kambahkkt Ishq (a Bollywood movie that is starring a lot of Hollywood actors-Sylvester Stallone, Brandon Routh, and Denise, to name a few, to join Akshay Kumar and Kareena Kapoor), which is supposed to have a decent-sized international release. I know nobody else probably cares but for someone like me who loves Bollywood it would be quite fun.

About the whole deal with the Gosselin drama and the comparisons, MamaC said it best. Sure, all the families do make money off of the shows, but I object to what Kate does as far as the appearances and everything (needing bodyguards, first class, you name it). Sure, she can use the money any way that she wants, but I don't like how she has stepped on so many toes.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

I just have never seen the big deal with Megan Fox. She's a pretty girl, but Hollywood is full of pretty girls. She's just not that special, IMO.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3452190;

About the whole deal with the Gosselin drama and the comparisons, MamaC said it best. Sure, all the families do make money off of the shows, but I object to what Kate does as far as the appearances and everything (needing bodyguards, first class, you name it). Sure, she can use the money any way that she wants, but I don't like how she has stepped on so many toes.
    There are new pictures of Kate minus Jon shopping for the kids' birthday yesterday. Their birthday was a week ago but I assume there was no film crew that day as it was Mother's Day so the kids were all put in matching clothing to film them at Party City yesterday.
    CYA

+ Reply to Thread