+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4597Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3449560;
    So...howabout that whole Megan Fox/bisexual thing? (<---lame attempt to turn discussion back to actual celebrities)
    Er...

I guess her audience share just grew big-time, all "Jolie" like. Now people on all sides of the fence are going to be fantasizing that they might have a smidgen of a fleaspeck of a chance with her.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I think the difference between the Gosselins, Duggars, Roloffs and now the newest TLC large family - the Hayes Family - is that, with the exception of the Gosselins, the other families have other means of supporting their family besides "pimping" out their children, speaking engagements, book tours, etc.

The Duggars have commercial real estate, and a used car lot. (I rarely watch their show, so I don't know if they have other money-generating things going on.) Michele Duggar home schools the children and obviously is not impressed with designer labels, organic foods, and stresses how to live frugally. With that large family, how could they not?

The Roloffs have their pumpkin farm business. And whatever "Item that a little person could really use" thing that he is trying to market.

Mr. Hayes is a police officer in NJ. Don't know what the mom did before the two sets of twins and sextuplets came along. One of the tups has CP.

Matt Roloff has gone to Iraq, twice I believe, to help little children have life-saving or life-enriching spinal surgery. He was instrumental is bringing these kids' conditions to light.

Some of the Duggars went to Guatemala (IIRC) for some humanitarian do-gooding. (Again, I rarely watch that show)

The Gosselin parents used to be gainfully employed outside the home, but now both are living off the fame that came with their tv show. The only "charitable" show I saw was when they went to see the children with cancer and their families. Kate gave them inspirational CDs and copies of her book....and donated a check to the hospital or maybe it was the nearby Ronald McDonald House.

We have seen extended family on all the shows. We no longer see any of the nearby relatives or friends on J&K. They have alienated them.

They all raise their children differently but I quite honestly see the most stress coming off the Gosselin kids than any of the other families. They Hayes tups are the same age, or very close to the Gs, and do have their moments, but both parents deal with it and they do seem to play with their children....card games, puzzles, snow sledding, etc.

As far as spousal respect, I see the Duggars probably being the most respectful towards each other, followed by the Hayes', then the Roloffs and in last place are the Gosselins.

And yes, Kate is polarizing without a doubt.

I guess last week when she was in NYC on her book-signing tour and all the shows (Today, Rachael Ray, Larry King) she stated that this would be a private matter. Now she is talking to People magazine, and is on the newest cover, stating that she she is struggling with their marriage and that "They might split up." If she truly wanted to keep this private, why is she on the cover of People saying that? She has two girls who can see/read this magazine...and six more who are smart enough to know that their mom is on the cover! She also claimed that people were paid for the interviews in that US magazine, when the spokesperson for US denied that claim. Did Kate get paid for her People article? And why has it just been Kate on these shows and not Jon? Maybe because Kate is the one who wants to be seen. Who knows!

After she was done in NYC she flew to Arkansas and did a book signing at a Sam's Club on Saturday, May 9th....the day before the tups 5th birthday (and Mother's Day). She's back now doing more book signings this week. She and her bodyguard were flying out of BWI on May 12th. If my life was in such tormoil, my marriage failing and my kids totally confused, I would be at home....with them. But that is Kate.

Her own brother, Kevin, and his wife, the Aunt Jodi who used to be a big part of the show, have come forward with a rather detailed video of just how bad things really are. Aunt Jodi couldn't even finish the sentence, Kevin had to, saying that the rumors that Kate may have actually been the first one to stray are probably true. They both agreed that Kate is the one who told Jon, six months or so ago, that the marriage was over. But yet, they are trying to put on this charade that they are a happy family on TV when things have not been so for quite some time.

So things are not looking too good for these two right now. I would love to see an article anywhere saying that they are going to counseling and trying to put their marriage back on track. Sadly, I don't think she wants to. I really think she has found the fame intoxicating. And Jon is probably fed up because he sees that his family is falling apart. (Not that cheating on her, if it is true, was a bright move on his part!)

Kate Gosselin Admits to Struggling with Her Marriage - Scandals & Feuds, Jon Gosselin, Kate Gosselin : People.com

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jon and Kate Shocker; Her Brother Says "Their Marriage Is Over!" | RadarOnline.com

When all is said and done, these children deserve to have someone (ideally both parents!) guiding them through the ugliness that is yet to come.

Should they pull the plug on the show, book tours, and speaking engagements and get counseling for themselves and the children? I think so!

The Show Must Go On
    Common sense would tell you that if you're plastered over every single tabloid with allegations of infidelities and your siblings come forward citing that things are really bad over at the Gosselin house, that it is time to pull the plug on the show and its time to go home and try to repair your marriage and your family instead of trying to eek out 40 new episodes!

More reports of marital discord for Jon and Kate Gosselin _ but their TV series presses on -- Newsday.com

Those poor kids.

If I am going to pick a mom though I am picking Kate over Octomom who will have her own show also. I don't have any problems with Kate and how she acts accept for how she seems to talk to Jon sometimes. I am not paying the bills nor is my tax money so I'd rather Bravo pays for their life than me and my hard earned money.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Kate has certainly been making the rounds, visiting Larry King, Rachel Ray and speaking to (and posing for) People magazine. I guess it only becomes a "private matter" when something is written that isn't sanctioned by the family.
    In the meantime TLC is scrambling to rework the new season premiere.
    'Jon & Kate' is running late | Company Town | Los Angeles Times
    This will all probably spell ratings gold for TLC when "Jon & Kate" returns on May 25. The season finale drew 4.6 million viewers, a huge number for a cable show. But the producers are in an awkward position of having to address the scandal in the show, deal with a tabloid invasion of central Pennsylvania where the Gosselins live, and appear to not be exploiting the situation for commercial gain. Somehow we think they'll manage to get two out of three right
    CYA

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3449701;
    Kate has certainly been making the rounds, visiting Larry King, Rachel Ray and speaking to (and posing for) People magazine. I guess it only becomes a "private matter" when something is written that isn't sanctioned by the family.
    She's been making the roundsto those shows (all done within a couple of days) to promote her book -- not to promote gossip and rumors about her family.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3449714;
    She's been making the roundsto those shows (all done within a couple of days) to promote her book -- not to promote gossip and rumors about her family.
    She wasn't promoting her book here:

Kate Gosselin Admits to Struggling with Her Marriage - Scandals & Feuds, Jon Gosselin, Kate Gosselin : People.com
    CYA

Okay, I'll play ... who is Megan Fox, other than some beautiful young woman, and why should I care what her sexual orientation is?
    Self-reliance is the only road to true freedom, and being one's own person is its ultimate reward.
    --Patricia Sampson

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3449727;
    Yes, she was. The reason she agreed to the interviews was to promote the book. Part of promotion is sometimes answering questiosn about your life. When Jennifer Anniston opened up to Vanity Fair about her divorce from Brad Pitt, right before Rumor Has It was released, she was promoting the movie, not her divorce. When Angelina Jolie opened up in interviews about her thoughts on Anniston right before The Changeling was released, she was promoting The Changeling, not her family. Likewise, the reason that Kate has done interviews with People, and Rachel Ray, and Larry King, and Today is to promote her book.

Quote Originally Posted by ladytex;3449733;
    Okay, I'll play ... who is Megan Fox, other than some beautiful young woman, and why should I care what her sexual orientation is?
    She was in Transformers, and engaged for a while to Brian Austin Green, and is quite proud of the measurement of her waistline. That's about all I know about her. Related to my comments above -- the Transformers sequel is going to be released in a little over a month, which is why she'd like for you to care about her sexuality right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3449734;
    Yes, she was. The reason she agreed to the interviews was to promote the book. Part of promotion is sometimes answering questiosn about your life. When Jennifer Anniston opened up to Vanity Fair about her divorce from Brad Pitt, right before Rumor Has It was released, she was promoting the movie, not her divorce. When Angelina Jolie opened up in interviews about her thoughts on Anniston right before The Changeling was released, she was promoting The Changeling, not her family. Likewise, the reason that Kate has done interviews with People, and Rachel Ray, and Larry King, and Today is to promote her book.
    It doesn't appear that Kate Gosselin is promoting her book just her side of the story in People Magazine. Since when does the author of a picture book get the cover of People Magazine? This woman needs to go back into obscurity and save the covers for real celebrities. Kate Gosselin is only a celebrity in her own mind. Notice in the following article, she never mentions the safety of her children but only her own.

No matter how anyone feels about Kate Gosselin or Octomom....everyone must agree that what is best for the children is growing up in front of cameras is not healthy especially if your parents do nothing but fight.
    Jon & Kate talk to EW about life in the fishbowl: Exclusive! | Showbiz News and Scoop | Studio and Network Dish | EW.com
    Last edited by luvsginger; 05-14-2009 at 11:30 AM.

+ Reply to Thread