+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3916Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3439884;
    Well, that pretty much sucks for the kids...too bad no one is thinking of what is best for them!
    Who says so? I mean, it takes monetary support for a family, and she's bringing home the bacon (so to speak). There are other moms in this world who are away from home often, and they don't seem to earn nearly as much flack back. Kate's personality rubs a lot of people the wrong way, to be sure, but that does not make her a bad parent, or a bad bread winner, imo.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

If my husband's face was plastered all over the tabloids and every entertainment and news show on tv with allegations of him having an affair with a 23 year old woman, I would probably want to be home with my kids..... The last thing I would want to do is go out and promote a book filled with photos of my children and bible verses....but I guess I am just weird that way.

I think Kate is in a large amount of denial at this point. There is absolutely no way the older 2 kids have "NO IDEA" what is going on, as she stated on Larry King tonight. Head in the sand much?

Because she is contractually bound to the publisher to promote the book?

And I must also say, contractual obligation or no contractual obligation... there is no way I would be out pimpin' those books while this was happening on the homefront. I would be at home with my kids, and would dare any book publisher to come after me for failing to fulfill my obligation to sell the book. PR nightmare on a platter for the publishing company if that were the case. :nono Sadly, I think it is just a case of Kate not being able to pass up a single moment in the spotlight.

Okay, so I saw her on the Today show this morning and on Larry King tonight. Both times she was asked (paraphrasing here) "If it's been worth it?" meaning having this show on TLC. I honestly do not think that Kate is even aware of how much she has sold her family out by doing all these book signings, church meetings, and the show. It was like there was no reason for her to take herself out of the limelight and spend time at home with her children, especially right now!

It is still very much all about Kate....what Kate wants, Kate gets. So I am left to believe that this show is not going to go away anytime soon, Kate will not trim down her schedule which keeps her away from her children for a week at a time. And Jon? Eh? What does she care? If he is not at home, one of the nannies is there to watch the kids while she is flying all over the place, staying in ritzy hotels and getting spa treatments and tans.

She was right about one thing....they can never go back to what they used to be like. She obviously has no intention of ever giving up her celebrity! Jon is ready to let it go, and I am sure that the twins are as well. The 'tups know no difference as they have had cameras on them since day one. That is a scary thought.

I wonder what it would take for Kate to say "enough". She has already publicly chastized Jon's "poor judgement and irresponsible behavior", so I can only imagine what life at home must be like. The twins are bright and as much as Kate states that they are unaware of this latest "scandal", I find it hard to believe that they and all of the children don't know that things at home are not right. I'll bet if you asked any one of them, they'd say that they were happier when they were just a regular family.
    CYA

Last night on HLN, Jane Velez-Mitchell was discussing this situation with a panel of six women (lawyers, pyschologists, marriage counselors, a rep from US magazine, etc.). I couldn't believe I was actually hearing SOMEONE say what many of us have been saying all along. One woman said that Kate should throw the bum out and JVM stated that if Kate did that then it would be the end of the show. And the last thing Kate wants to give up is that show.

Interesting was that all agreed that there is no intimacy left in that marriage. They checked out long ago. One mentioned how, in all her interviews, Kate states how Jon is a wonderful father, Jon loves his children, Jon is there for the family, etc. Never once did she say that she LOVES her husband or that he is a wonderful husband or that she believes that he did not cheat on her.

Another point that was brought up was that since all of this has come out, why have they not hired a lawyer and SUED for libel and slander?

FORT Fogey

Libel and slander suits usually do not get filed a couple of days after an article is printed. Plantiffs usually take time to cover all the details of a suit before filing. So posing that question a year from now may mean something, but not a week after the article was published.

But if a suit was filed, wouldn't there be an argument made that Kate was a horrible person for being away from home and away from her kids dealing with a lawsuit that was jsut keeping her name in the papers?

With these two dolts, who knows? As far as people complaining that Kate would be away from home and the kids while pursuing a lawsuit and keeping her name in the papers, etc., that's what the lawyers would be for. She would show up for a deposition.....not be gone weeks at a time. And as it is now, she IS away for weeks at a time.....barely bopping in at the house when the show is being taped.

And as much as she says she never wanted to be a celebrity, she loves being in the headlines and on TV. Her actions speak much louder than her words, plain and simple.

I just hope that she is now back in PA getting ready for the 'tups birthday on Sunday and spending time with the kids.

Hopefully, these two will get their act together. She needs mental help and he needs to be more assertive. Hopefully they are clearing the schedule so that marriage counseling can begin.

Their children have no one else to depend on other than these two. They OWE it to the kids to get their act together.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3441100;
    With these two dolts, who knows? As far as people complaining that Kate would be away from home and the kids while pursuing a lawsuit and keeping her name in the papers, etc., that's what the lawyers would be for. She would show up for a deposition.....not be gone weeks at a time. And as it is now, she IS away for weeks at a time.....barely bopping in at the house when the show is being taped.

And as much as she says she never wanted to be a celebrity, she loves being in the headlines and on TV. Her actions speak much louder than her words, plain and simple.

I just hope that she is now back in PA getting ready for the 'tups birthday on Sunday and spending time with the kids.

Hopefully, these two will get their act together. She needs mental help and he needs to be more assertive. Hopefully they are clearing the schedule so that marriage counseling can begin.

Their children have no one else to depend on other than these two. They OWE it to the kids to get their act together.

I would be interested in seeing the source of Kate's schedule that shows that weeks go by that she is not in their house.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3441100;

Too bad she is scheduled for a book signing in Arkansas tomorrow, (May 9). I hope the cameras are not around on Sunday.

A couple of contradictions I noticed, Kate tells Meredith Viera 'this is the realest reality show on television" and she does not consider herself a celebrity. If this show is so "real' why don't they address what is going on? And if she doesn't consider themselves celebrities, what does she mean when she says all this tabloid stuff "goes with the territory". Would that be celebrity territory?

IMO, the bottom line is Kate should be home with her family during this time and the show is beginning to bring negative attention to the family. I think it's a great idea if she wants to continue writing books and do speaking engagements as long as the 8 children are off the television. They could always do an annual update on the kids with a yearly special.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3441127;
    I would be interested in seeing the source of Kate's schedule that shows that weeks go by that she is not in their house.
    You can find the schedule on the Zondervan website.

+ Reply to Thread