+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4533Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3439141;
    What's sad is that they are appearing on the Today show with all 8 children in tow. Kate was hounded by the paps while in NY yesterday, I hope they are not bringing the kids to act as a shield.
    Well, it certainly is big celebrity news...it was the lead story on E news tonight complete with the video of Jon sneaking out of the girlfriends house. Poor kids!
    Don't those kids (the twins anyway) have school? Why would you pull them out of school so that you can give the talk shows what they want? I imagine Kate appearing with the kids is much more of a draw that she appearing by herself. Just say NO Gosselins!
    CYA

FORT Fogey

Kate was just on Today, and was on solo. No kids anywhere near the set. She was there to promote her newest book, which is about the kids. So I got the impression that the appearance was initially set up weeks ago with all of them - kids being there because the book is about them. Then, when all the rumors churned up, they cut the kids out so that they would not be exposed to that discussion.

She did address the rumors up front. She neither confirmed or denied anything - she simply raised the question of how reliable news is when it comes from a source that pays for stories, and pays more for juicier stories. I think it's a legitimate question. She said as far as anything going on, there are still some things in their lives they keep private, and this would be one of because their family and their kids are her top priority.

As crisis management interviews go, I think she did pretty well. She was honest and open without exposing her entire world to the rest of the world. She didn't try to pretend it wasn't happening, and didn't play the victim card.

I just watched Kate's appearance on Today, and had a couple of comments.

It seems a bit contradictory to sit there (SOLO and in NY) and say that the kids are her primary focus while this whole tabloid fiasco is exploding. Why isn't she at home with her kids to help them navigate the fallout they might encounter at school? Not to mention, trying to work out whatever issues she and Jon might need to work out?

Secondly, she states that the reason she wrote the two books was not so that they would sell, but so that "her kids would have in writing, a record of how she feels about them". And "while she is flattered that they have both hit the best-seller list, she really wouldn't have cared if they didn't sell a single copy". Really? Somehow, I am doubting that. If that were the case, she would have simply put together something at home, and given it to the children when they grew up.... NOT hired a publisher and done a NATION-WIDE booksigning tour.

And if she would pay a bit more attention to her children, she would notice the effects the cameras are having on them. As the years have gone on, it becomes more and more clear that some of the kids are SICK and TIRED of being filmed. Just my opinion, but watching Mady and Cara in particular just broke my heart, and I can no longer watch the show. Her kids are struggling, and she is gone too much to notice it.

It would also seem that Jon has a bit too much free time on his hands lately. Is it really necessary to pay for a nanny to spend the night with your kids so you can hit up the local bars? It all boils down to priorities, people.

Ha - I wonder if in Kate's mind, her latest book means to her what a simple scrapbook noted with personal thoughts would mean to us?
    remember to play

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Everybody needs a kid break, sometimes. Now, if you're going out "hooching around"...that's a different story.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3439300;
    I just watched Kate's appearance on Today, and had a couple of comments.

It seems a bit contradictory to sit there (SOLO and in NY) and say that the kids are her primary focus while this whole tabloid fiasco is exploding. Why isn't she at home with her kids to help them navigate the fallout they might encounter at school? Not to mention, trying to work out whatever issues she and Jon might need to work out? .
    Because she is contractually bound to the publisher to promote the book?

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3439631;
    Because she is contractually bound to the publisher to promote the book?
    Under the present circumstances, I would think that Zondervan which is a Christian publisher would understand and allow time for this family to work on their personal life. I am so glad they didn't drag the kids out of school for yet another publicity gig today. I have to admit Kate was as cool as a cucumber during the interview. She also toned down her tan, makeup and clothing today. Their PR team is earning their pay these past two weeks!

FORT Fogey

Even Christian publishers have to pay the bills.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Christian or no.......busine$$ is busine$$.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Well, that pretty much sucks for the kids...too bad no one is thinking of what is best for them!

+ Reply to Thread