+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4586Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3436931;
    Actually, he didn't seem that thrilled with a new season.
    He sure didn't but he (Jon) has to realize that if you're going to display your family in front of the cameras then you are fair game for every camera that is out there.
    CYA

Exactly....even as Kate said...."They can't go back to what life was like before the show" or however she stated it.

We also know that as much as he wants out of the spotlight, his wife thrives in it. Royally! And he doesn't stand a chance because whatever it is that she wants, she will get.

Hopefully this is a wake-up call to both of them. If their marriage means that much to them, they will curtail all these speaking engagements and book-signing deals....and season five.... and spend some much-needed quality time at home.....with their children, who must be soooo confused!....and get as much counseling as possible.

A lot of comments are out there on the net about how much child support Jon would have to pay if they were to divorce. The way I see it, he is more of the stay-at-home parent these days while she is out on "her" circuit of talk shows, book signings, and speaking engagements. If that is the case, she is the breadwinner in the family, so wouldn't SHE have to pay HIM child support? (I ask this seriously, since we've been told several times that Sherri Shepard on the View has to pay her ex child support.)

Someone upthread mentioned that they do these speaking engagements to talk about their life and their faith, which I'll assume means they consider themselves Christians. I have to wonder what part of being a Christian involves spending time at a bar late at night with a young woman who is not your wife while NOT wearing your wedding ring.

I have plenty of male friends and, yes, some of them are married. However, none of them would be out at a bar with me late at night without their wedding ring on and without their wives. IMHO, that kind of behavior is not respectful. It's particularly stupid because they're in the public eye and he should know from previous experience (what was it last time? A sorority?) that pictures will end up in the press.

Maybe I'm biased since I can't stand either of them. They're just another example of people who are famous for nothing.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I hope someone is thinking about what all this is doing to 8 innocent children. I am talking about BOTH parents! It's no secret I am not a fan of these two but I am sick over this latest story.

News - EXCLUSIVE: Jon & Kate Dad's Three-Month Affair Confirmed | Usmagazine.com

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I rest my case. Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck....it's not a puppy.

I don't blame her, I blame him.

I was always amazed at how much Chef Paul Prudhomme and Dom Deluise looked alike. And Dom cooked, too!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 05-06-2009 at 11:43 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Here's one thing that just does not make sense to me about the details that Us keeps pushing -- the whole issue of his not wearing his wedding band. Jon and Kate are widely known nationwide, and even more so in their local area. If you live in Reading, and meet a guy who looks an awful lot like Jon, and then go to his house and see that he's got 8 kids, isn't there a high likelihood of your saying "Hey, I think this guy is married to that woman with the hair that looks like a rooster. They have 8 kids and are on TV'. There are certainly women in this world who are willing to get involved with married men, so I'm not saying that knowledge alone would prove this is not true. But a man not weaing his wedding band out implies that he's trying to hid the fact that he's married. That gig is kind of up for Jon.

Regardless of what is happening between these two people, having friends of the opposite sex DOES NOT make you a cheater. And a wedding ring does NOT create a magic force field that repels infidelity. It sounds to me like this couple have got some problems that they need to work on, and if that's the case, she shouldn't be out traveling by herself doing her speaking engagements, and he shouldn't be out drinking with other women. They need to stop thinking of themselves and start thinking about what is best for their kids and their family. But if a couple has a secure marriage, I see nothing wrong with spending time with friends of the opposite sex.

As for child support, I guess every state is different, but I think that generally, the parent who is awarded physical custody of the kids would receive child support from the other parent.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3437461;
    Regardless of what is happening between these two people, having friends of the opposite sex DOES NOT make you a cheater. And a wedding ring does NOT create a magic force field that repels infidelity. It sounds to me like this couple have got some problems that they need to work on, and if that's the case, she shouldn't be out traveling by herself doing her speaking engagements, and he shouldn't be out drinking with other women. They need to stop thinking of themselves and start thinking about what is best for their kids and their family. But if a couple has a secure marriage, I see nothing wrong with spending time with friends of the opposite sex.

As for child support, I guess every state is different, but I think that generally, the parent who is awarded physical custody of the kids would receive child support from the other parent.
    In general, I agree with what you've said. However, I have to disagree with those who've said that she should not be doing speaking engagements, or that doing so is contributing to the problems in their marriage. The speaking engagements -- with Kate doing them on their own or when they did them together -- are their primary source of income. When Jon quit his office job, he was able to do so BECAUSE of the speaking engagements. They get money and other support from the show, but their primary income comes from the speaking engagements. So seeing her quitting those as a solution is as viable as suggesting that a man quit his job as a CPA in order to save his marriage. A career of any sort can cause strain on a marriage. Buthaving no income will likely cause more strain.

I know a couple where the man quit a well paying construction job and took another job because the construction job was keeping him away from home for long periods of time and was causing a considerable strain on their marriage. They have less money now, but a happier marriage. I guess it's all in where your priorities lie.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Exactly....even as Kate said...."They can't go back to what life was like before the show" or however she stated it.
    They should try to. Being in front of the cameras isn't the be all and end all. The fad will eventually wear off. After that, what will they have left? Money, but a shattered marriage? Oh i don't think so! 8 kids are involved.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread