+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5270Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

  1. #4211
    Pineapple! ClosetRTWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Groovin' with my human boom box
    Posts
    4,718

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3431708;
    You and me both...those clips are hysterical.

    As far as one spouse going out at night with members of the opposite sex, I agree that as long as the other spouse knows about it and has no problem with it that there is nothing wrong with it. I just wonder if that was the case here.
    It seems less likely if he truly had removed his wedding ring. Altho it's always possible there was a reasonable explanation. Maybe he was getting it re-sized...?

  2. #4212
    addicted MamaC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NY
    Age
    59
    Posts
    2,501

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Friends Defend Jon Gosselin as a Faithful Husband - Jon & Kate Plus 8, Jon Gosselin : People.com

    Jon Gosselin's pals have spoken and insist that reports labeling the reality star a cad who is stepping out on his wife Kate not the least bit accurate.

    Pat Fagan, a bouncer at Legends Lounge, calls Jon's recent night away from home completely innocent even though he did show up with a woman who was not his wife.

    "They seemed like casual friends," says Fagan. "There was no romantic anything. They weren't gazing into each other eyes."

    Fagan also shoots down any suggestion that Gosselin has been spotted without his wedding ring. "He always has his wedding band on. He talks about his kids all the time. He loves his family."

    According to Dustin Sands, a family friend who has known Jon for nearly 20 years, Gosselin just needs a little downtime from raising eight kids and starring on TLC's Jon & Kate Plus 8, a reality show about their lives. "The guy just needs to be cut some slack once in while when he wants to relax a bit," says Sands.

    This week, Gosselin admitted to showing poor judgment for his late night out but insists he's not going to give up on any of his friendships just because he's on TV.

    Brian Sep, a longtime friend, supports this view, too, saying, "He's just hanging out, relaxing with his friends." In fact, Sep believes his friend doesn't get enough opportunities to unwind. "Honestly, he doesn't go out that much," says Sep. "It seems like he's on house lockdown. He's a fulltime Dad."

    Although Jon admitted to PEOPLE in February that fame is putting some tension in his marriage, friends remain optimistic about the couple's future. "They have their disagreements but he's a family-oriented guy," says Sands. "I don't think he'd put that on the line."

    ------------------

    The thing that I found shocking about this story is that it has come out that Jon actually HAS friends! Who knew!?! Anyone who watches that show knows that Kate has alienated all of their relatives and friends from their lives and that she is actually happy to just have the world of Kate include just Jon and the kids....and no one else!

  3. #4213
    FORT Fogey luvsginger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    2,159

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3431841;
    Friends Defend Jon Gosselin as a Faithful Husband - Jon & Kate Plus 8, Jon Gosselin : People.com

    Jon Gosselin's pals have spoken – and insist that reports labeling the reality star a cad who is stepping out on his wife Kate not the least bit accurate.

    Pat Fagan, a bouncer at Legends Lounge, calls Jon's recent night away from home completely innocent – even though he did show up with a woman who was not his wife.

    "They seemed like casual friends," says Fagan. "There was no romantic anything. They weren't gazing into each other eyes."

    Fagan also shoots down any suggestion that Gosselin has been spotted without his wedding ring. "He always has his wedding band on. He talks about his kids all the time. He loves his family."

    According to Dustin Sands, a family friend who has known Jon for nearly 20 years, Gosselin just needs a little downtime from raising eight kids – and starring on TLC's Jon & Kate Plus 8, a reality show about their lives. "The guy just needs to be cut some slack once in while when he wants to relax a bit," says Sands.

    This week, Gosselin admitted to showing poor judgment for his late night out but insists he's not going to give up on any of his friendships just because he's on TV.

    Brian Sep, a longtime friend, supports this view, too, saying, "He's just hanging out, relaxing with his friends." In fact, Sep believes his friend doesn't get enough opportunities to unwind. "Honestly, he doesn't go out that much," says Sep. "It seems like he's on house lockdown. He's a fulltime Dad."

    Although Jon admitted to PEOPLE in February that fame is putting some tension in his marriage, friends remain optimistic about the couple's future. "They have their disagreements but he's a family-oriented guy," says Sands. "I don't think he'd put that on the line."

    ------------------

    The thing that I found shocking about this story is that it has come out that Jon actually HAS friends! Who knew!?! Anyone who watches that show knows that Kate has alienated all of their relatives and friends from their lives and that she is actually happy to just have the world of Kate include just Jon and the kids....and no one else!


    I find it interesting that Jon says he went to the bar to speak with the owner and a friend of his just happened to want to check out his new car but the bouncer says they "showed" up together. Jon talks about his kids all the time...what about his wife?

    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3430434;
    .......What we know is that in Jon's free time, he goes out drinking. We also know that he's responsible in not driving himself after he's been drinking.....
    It sounds like he may have a drinking problem, maybe???
    Last edited by luvsginger; 05-02-2009 at 02:46 AM.

  4. #4214
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3431660;
    I'm wondering what the MEN would answer...not what us women would answer for them.

    And I can only hope that they are not afraid to be straight up when their women are over their shoulders! I'm not looking to start fights here. Guys are just different.
    In my case, while my husband had the option of coming out for a couple of beers and a game of pool, but chose to stay home and go to bed instead, I'm still pretty sure it's not a problem with him. He is also on friendly terms with my ex-husband (as am I) and occasionally plays in a band with him. Truly, if two people in a marriage or partnership genuinely love and trust one another, one's partner hanging out with someone who has the gender potential to become romantically entangled doesn't actually mean there is an actual potential to do the same.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  5. #4215
    addicted MamaC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NY
    Age
    59
    Posts
    2,501

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    and now it is time to hear from "the other woman"......

    Jon Gosselin's Mystery Woman Breaks Her Silence - Jon Gosselin : People.com


    The woman who set blogs ablaze last week for stepping out with Jon Gosselin has come forward to say that there's absolutely nothing romantic going on between her and the married reality star of TLC's Jon & Kate Plus 8.

    "We're just friends," Deanna Hummel, 23, tells PEOPLE exclusively. "It's absurd that anyone would think otherwise."

    According to Hummel, she met Gosselin through a mutual pal a couple of months ago. Since then, the two have been hanging out – as part of a group of friends, not as couple. The social outings have included visits to each other's houses and nights out on the town, but always with others there, and it's always all innocent, according to Hummel.

    "We just talk and socialize, the normal things you do when you see friends," says Hummel.

    Hummel admits that the two did show up at Legends Bar in Reading, Pa., recently, but says a published photo of her driving Gosselin's car has been misinterpreted. "He just got this new car and I wanted to drive it. I'm into cars," she says. "We all have guy and girl friends. Because of who he is, it gets portrayed the wrong way, and it's unfair to him and his family."

    She also adamantly denies that Gosselin called her "babe" while heading to his car. "He did not by any means call me 'babe,' " she says. "Nobody calls me babe. That made me laugh."

    What she doesn't find funny, though, is being linked to a married man. "He's a very nice guy, don't get me wrong. But he's married with eight children," says Hummel, who is single. She adds that Gosselin "has a great family life. I would never ever think to pursue anything."

    After reports broke last week that Gosselin had been spotted out late at night with a woman who is not his wife, he released a statement saying he'd shown "poor judgment."

    "My family is the most important thing in my life and it kills me that these allegations have hurt them," he added.

    --------------

    Two things that I think are rather odd:

    1. Nothing from Kate on this whole scenario has appeared anywhere.

    2. How did a photographer/pap know that Jon-boy would be out at a bar in the middle of nowhere in the middle of night and be on hand to take the picture of him with this girl and get it out to the tabloids? I mean, is Jon Gosselin THAT MUCH of a name out there? Outside of rural PA, that is? Brad Pitt, George Clooney....sure. Jon-boy....seriously? I don't think so.

    I am beginning to think this is all something that these two have cooked up to keep their names/faces out there. After all, we now have the Octomom and her brood looking to make millions on a reality TV show and we also have another family now on TLC (in the Gosselin timeslot while they are on hiatus, no less!) who appear much more normal. By keeping their names/faces out there, they are guaranteeing more ratings if and when the next season airs on TLC.

    OR

    Maybe things really are not too happy in the new mansion. Kate is away all the time pimping out her book and Jon is stuck at home with the kids and the not-a-nanny nanny. He hasn't looked very happy most of this past season. He doesn't want to do the show anymore. Kate, on the other hand, loves the (in her own mind) celebrity that they have garnered from the show, book signings, DVDs, talk show circuit, freebies, etc., etc. Maybe his getting caught with the young woman is his passive-aggressive way of getting back at Kate for all the belittling and love taps that she has done to him on the show.

    I think they should both sit down....away from the cameras.....and work on their marriage to see if it is worth saving. Nobody put a gun to their heads and said they HAD to do this TV show. Their lives have certainly been enriched because of the show. But at what price?

  6. #4216
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    8,164

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3435339;

    Maybe things really are not too happy in the new mansion. Kate is away all the time pimping out her book and Jon is stuck at home with the kids and the not-a-nanny nanny. He hasn't looked very happy most of this past season. He doesn't want to do the show anymore. Kate, on the other hand, loves the (in her own mind) celebrity that they have garnered from the show, book signings, DVDs, talk show circuit, freebies, etc., etc. Maybe his getting caught with the young woman is his passive-aggressive way of getting back at Kate for all the belittling and love taps that she has done to him on the show.
    Kate being on the road while Jon is at home is 100% the decision of both of them. Kate came and spoke in the area I live recently and she discussed that. Until this year, they had done a lot of speaking engagements together. It is actually their primary source of income as the speaking engagements pay more than TLC. But they started noticing the effects on their kids of having both parents gone as often as they were. Because their speaking schedule is laid out a year in advance, they could not just up and quit - they had contracts. So they decided that going forward, only one of them would be on the road at at time. Recognizing that Kate could easily fill a couple of hours talking, and Jon's presentation would last about 2 minutes, the decided together that Kate would travel and Jon would stay home. It's their income, and it's also their opportunity to share the faith/spiritual/religious side of their life, which TLC usually makes the decision to edit out to make the show more universally relatable.

  7. #4217
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,811

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    I don't know of too many happily married men who "hang out with" single women, and it's OK with their wives. Does Kate know this woman? I'm just not feeling it. That man with the wife and 20 children (or how many ever there are now) doesn't seem to do this, does he? Women usually "guard their nests" much more closely than that. One or two kids can be a stressful situation, in itself,....imagine 8??!!! How old are these Gosselin people, anyway? When did they start making this huge family?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  8. #4218
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    8,164

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3435436;
    I don't know of too many happily married men who "hang out with" single women, and it's OK with their wives. Does Kate know this woman? I'm just not feeling it. That man with the wife and 20 children (or how many ever there are now) doesn't seem to do this, does he? Women usually "guard their nests" much more closely than that. One or two kids can be a stressful situation, in itself,....imagine 8??!!! How old are these Gosselin people, anyway? When did they start making this huge family?
    I'm a single woman who has a few dear friends who are married men. I'm friends with their wives as well (through myfriendships with the men) so perhaps that makes a differnce. But it's quite normal for me to go out with one of the guys without his wife present. Normally, it's because iwth small kids at home, they have to tag team who gets to go out and who stays home with the kids.

    To answer your question about the Gosselins - both are in their early to mid-30s. Jon is a little younger than Kate. Their kids are now I think 7 (the twins) and 4 (the six) or something like that. They started down the fertility treatment path very early in their marriage because they knew that Kate was going to have issues getting pregnant.

  9. #4219
    FORT Fogey luvsginger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    2,159

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3435385;
    Kate being on the road while Jon is at home is 100% the decision of both of them. Kate came and spoke in the area I live recently and she discussed that. Until this year, they had done a lot of speaking engagements together. It is actually their primary source of income as the speaking engagements pay more than TLC. But they started noticing the effects on their kids of having both parents gone as often as they were. Because their speaking schedule is laid out a year in advance, they could not just up and quit - they had contracts. So they decided that going forward, only one of them would be on the road at at time.
    Just because Kate Gosselin says so, doesn't mean it's true
    Jon and Kate Gosselin - Philadelphia Magazine - phillymag.com
    "Last spring, Jon and Kate hired L.A. manager Julie Carson May, who quickly broke the news to several groups that had booked the couple that they wouldn’t be able to make it, citing the production schedule and the demands of the kids. Jody Clark, of the Ohio Child Conservation League, had agreed to a $3,000 speaking fee, first-class airfare, a rental car and accommodations in exchange for the couple’s appearance at a convention this coming October. “I was pissed,” says Clark. May, she says, “apologized, said the Gosselins had spoken to God and made this decision.” She was offered a conciliatory autographed picture. At Noel Methodist Church in Louisiana, organizers say they pulled the plug after learning they’d be on the hook for first-class airfare and a $1,600-a-day bodyguard. A gig in Colorado was called off with just three weeks’ notice. “They are totally exploiting those kids now,” Clark says. “At the time we were booking them, the show wasn’t what it is now. It’s taken on a life of its own; it’s so commercial. I think the jig is up with them.”
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3435436;
    I don't know of too many happily married men who "hang out with" single women, and it's OK with their wives. Does Kate know this woman? I'm just not feeling it. That man with the wife and 20 children (or how many ever there are now) doesn't seem to do this, does he? Women usually "guard their nests" much more closely than that. One or two kids can be a stressful situation, in itself,....imagine 8??!!! How old are these Gosselin people, anyway? When did they start making this huge family?
    Kate was born in March of 1975 and Jon was born in April of 1977. Kate is 34 and Jon is 32. The twins will be 9 years old in Oct of this year and the sextuplets are 5 years old this Sunday.

    It is actually one of the many controversies surrounding this couple. They were married in June of 1999, when they were 24 and 22. Kate received fertility treatment while only married a few months and gave birth to the twins in October of 2000. The sextuplets were born in May of 2004 after seeking fertility treatment from a "different" doctor. Kate was 29 and John was 27 years old when they found themselves with 8 kids all conceived through fertility treatments.

    I honestly think Jon Gosselin has not really had enough time to mature and to absorb all that has happened to him in his young life. He was married at 22 years of age, a father of 8 by 27 and is now a star of a hit reality show and raking in the big bucks.
    I realize they are trying to strike while the iron is hot, but sometimes big houses, fancy cars and big fancy trips aren't enough for some people.
    I really hope that they open up their eyes and see what a beautiful family and life they have in front of them and stop to enjoy it soon.

  10. #4220
    Amethyst Amy Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    whatever
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,091

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Actually, he didn't seem that thrilled with a new season.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.