+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5064Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I think it's sad abour Wright and Penn, but I'm not surprised.

I find it very sad about Farrah. You always hope for the best and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3430434;
    Driving a car is another normal activity of monogamous people everywhere. I've driven my brother-in-law's car before. That in no way means that he's cheating on my sister with me. What we know is that in Jon's free time, he goes out drinking. We also know that he's responsible in not driving himself after he's been drinking. Anything about that meaning he's cheating is creative people filling in blanks. He may very well be cheating. Their marriage may very well be in deep trouble. But the evidence which has been presented publicly relies on far more innuendos than it does proof. And really, think about it -- after the first incident where he was seen partying and it was implied that he was cheating, if he WERE cheating, would he really go out and do the same thing all over again? When John Edwards was caught with his mistress, he 1) met her in private places as to not be seen and 2) when he was discovered, ran and tried to hide from it.
    How do "we" know this? I mean he has been spotted at bars but I haven't seen a photo of him drinking. I have seen a photo of him with girls at bars but never actually drinking anything. It's all rumor and allegations that he was drunk. Isn't saying he was too drunk to drive or that he was drinking at all is filling in the blanks?
    The only "evidence" is a photograph which shows a woman who is not his wife in the driver's seat of his brand new sports car where he is a passenger taken at 2am in front of a bar that they both exited from.

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3430483;
    I think it's sad abour Wright and Penn, but I'm not surprised.

I find it very sad about Farrah. You always hope for the best and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
    Is Farrah really that bad? I thought I read that her doctors said she was stable...but I suppose that could mean a lot of things. My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family.

Regarding Sean Penn and Robin Wright....they live in a very upscale neighborhood in Marin County which is north of the GG Bridge. I wonder if they will stay there since they are going to be sharing custody of the kids. I guess it would only be one kid since one is over 18. Sad story but as you say not unexpected.

Sad news about Farrah, I hope she finds comfort in her family.

I thought that the Penns had already divorced; I never knew they had gotten back together.

As for the Gosselins, while no one but Jon knows the truth behind the headlines, I have to agree with Jon's statement that he showed "poor judgement".

Jon Gosselin: 'I Showed Poor Judgment' - Couples, TV News : People.com
    Jon & Kate Plus 8 dad Jon Gosselin is admitting he "showed poor judgment" by leaving a bar at 2 a.m. with a mystery woman and without his wedding band -- while his wife Kate was across the country promoting a book.

"Like most people, I have male and female friends, and I'm not going to end my friendships just because I'm on TV," the dad of 8 tells Extra. "However, being out with them late at night showed poor judgment on my part.
    CYA

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't know which show I had on yesterday or the day before, but they did say that John was spotted kissing some unknown woman in a stairwell; shortly after that, they showed him being driven away in his car by some woman. At least, that's what I think I heard.

And, as far as if it would be smart to have some opposite sex "friend" drive your car after you had been out drinking, those of you who are married/in a relationship ..... ask your mates. Those should be some interesting answers! And, family members do not count.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 05-01-2009 at 11:15 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I for one know how my mate would react. A few years ago I worked with almost all men and occasionally after work, we would go out and have a couple of drinks. I would call my husband and tell him that I was "going drinking with the guys". He never had a problem with it and he always knew that he was welcome to join us, but considering that kind of partying isn't his thing, he was okay with letting me go and have my fun. There was a time or two when I may have had a drink or two too many and needed a ride home, which I got from one of my male co-workers. None of this made my husband jealous, (I wouldn't have done it if it had), and none of it meant that I was cheating.

On the other hand, at my husbands second job he works with 5 other women and he is always buying them gifts for their birthdays, valentines day, etc. and no, that doesn't bother me in the least. I'm happy to have a man who is considerate of other people.

Now, the case of Jon and Kate, I admit I don't know anything about because I've never watched their show and haven't even read anything about the "cheating" incidents.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

I've gone drinking with a male friend. Mr. Rattus has gone to the movies with a female friend. I've had a male friend from out of town stay overnight while Mr. Rattus was on the other side of the country. Mr. Rattus has gone running down at the beach with a female friend. Because we love and trust each other, it is not remotely an issue.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I don't watch that awful show about the Gosselins, but I'm hearing about Jon, only because The Soup has a hysterical running gag about how much he hates his life and how Kate has him by the short & curlies. I've laughed myself to tears over those bits.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm wondering what the MEN would answer...not what us women would answer for them.

And I can only hope that they are not afraid to be straight up when their women are over their shoulders! I'm not looking to start fights here. Guys are just different.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 05-01-2009 at 11:02 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3431387;
    I don't watch that awful show about the Gosselins, but I'm hearing about Jon, only because The Soup has a hysterical running gag about how much he hates his life and how Kate has him by the short & curlies. I've laughed myself to tears over those bits.
    You and me both...those clips are hysterical.

As far as one spouse going out at night with members of the opposite sex, I agree that as long as the other spouse knows about it and has no problem with it that there is nothing wrong with it. I just wonder if that was the case here.
    CYA

+ Reply to Thread