+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4625Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3428467;
    Is Matthew Broderick filming something, I saw him on TMZ and the guy was grey he looked really old all of a sudden?
    He is in a new Broadway play called The Philanthropist. It might be for that role, but....
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Kelly McGillis Gay Rumors True

Kelly McGillis Confirms Gay Rumors

Hear that? It's the sound of a million middle-aged hearts breaking. 'Top Gun' star Kelly McGillis - otherwise known as the boyhood crush of anyone with a beating heart in 1986 - has confirmed longstanding rumors that she is a lesbian.

RadarOnline reports that McGillis said, "I'm done with the man thing. I did that, I need to move on in life. That's another part of being true to yourself... that's been a challenge for me personally."
    "I think [accepting being homosexual] that was an ongoing process from the time I was about 12," she added. "I had a lot of things happened that convinced me that God was punishing me for being gay. That was a hard process."

McGillis has has two daughters from a marriage to Fred Tillman. The couple divorced in 2002. The actress has repeatedly denied speculation about her sexuality in the past.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

No one has posted about Brad moving out?
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've also read that they are sitting the death vigil for Farrah. I guess that would not be a huge surprise.

EXCLUSIVE: Farrah Takes Sudden Turn For The Worse | RadarOnline.com
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Very sad. I knew when I heard her son was being granted a visit to her home she was probably not going to make it through this. My heart goes out to her family right now.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Looks like the trouble in paradise for Jon and Kate Gosselin. This is not the first time that Jon has been caught partying without Kate. If Kate was in Seattle, WA at a book signing and Jon was out at 2am, I wonder who was watching their beautiful 8 children?

News - COVER STORY: Jon and Kate Plus 8 Dad Caught With Other Woman | Usmagazine.com

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3430345;
    Looks like the trouble in paradise for Jon and Kate Gosselin. This is not the first time that Jon has been caught partying without Kate. If Kate was in Seattle, WA at a book signing and Jon was out at 2am, I wonder who was watching their beautiful 8 children?

News - COVER STORY: Jon and Kate Plus 8 Dad Caught With Other Woman | Usmagazine.com
    The way that they are covering this whole "scandal" really irritates me. Jon has not been seen doing anything beyond being out drinking. Since when was drinking in a club the equivilent of cheating? Even married parents go out to drink, party and blow off some steam. It's normal behavior. If he's seen making out with women in these clubs, then there may be a story. But with what has been photographed and reported thus far, it is beyond a mountain out of a molehill, and I think it's kind of pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3430359;
    The way that they are covering this whole "scandal" really irritates me. Jon has not been seen doing anything beyond being out drinking. Since when was drinking in a club the equivilent of cheating? Even married parents go out to drink, party and blow off some steam. It's normal behavior. If he's seen making out with women in these clubs, then there may be a story. But with what has been photographed and reported thus far, it is beyond a mountain out of a molehill, and I think it's kind of pathetic.
    Um, the photo is of Jon with a woman that is not Kate driving his new expensive sports car at 2am leaving a bar.

Not that the National Enquirer is a reliable source by any means but here is a link to another article with a story allegedly from an eyewitness...

JON & KATE PLUS CHEATIN' - Celebrity News | Gossip - National Enquirer

I really feel for the kids because every tabloid has it as their cover story and all the entertainment shows are discussing it. It even bumped Heidi and Spencer's wedding. It's got to be tough on the twins if they hear about it or happen to see the photograph.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3430425;
    Um, the photo is of Jon with a woman that is not Kate driving his new expensive sports car at 2am leaving a bar.

Not that the National Enquirer is a reliable source by any means but here is a link to another article with a story allegedly from an eyewitness...

JON & KATE PLUS CHEATIN' - Celebrity News | Gossip - National Enquirer

I really feel for the kids because every tabloid has it as their cover story and all the entertainment shows are discussing it. It's got to be tough on the twins if they hear about it or happen to see the photograph.
    Driving a car is another normal activity of monogamous people everywhere. I've driven my brother-in-law's car before. That in no way means that he's cheating on my sister with me. What we know is that in Jon's free time, he goes out drinking. We also know that he's responsible in not driving himself after he's been drinking. Anything about that meaning he's cheating is creative people filling in blanks. He may very well be cheating. Their marriage may very well be in deep trouble. But the evidence which has been presented publicly relies on far more innuendos than it does proof. And really, think about it -- after the first incident where he was seen partying and it was implied that he was cheating, if he WERE cheating, would he really go out and do the same thing all over again? When John Edwards was caught with his mistress, he 1) met her in private places as to not be seen and 2) when he was discovered, ran and tried to hide from it.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3430116;
    Kelly McGillis Gay Rumors True

Kelly McGillis Confirms Gay Rumors

Hear that? It's the sound of a million middle-aged hearts breaking. 'Top Gun' star Kelly McGillis - otherwise known as the boyhood crush of anyone with a beating heart in 1986 - has confirmed longstanding rumors that she is a lesbian.

RadarOnline reports that McGillis said, "I'm done with the man thing. I did that, I need to move on in life. That's another part of being true to yourself... that's been a challenge for me personally."
    "I think [accepting being homosexual] that was an ongoing process from the time I was about 12," she added. "I had a lot of things happened that convinced me that God was punishing me for being gay. That was a hard process."

McGillis has has two daughters from a marriage to Fred Tillman. The couple divorced in 2002. The actress has repeatedly denied speculation about her sexuality in the past.
    I meant to comment on this when I first read it, and forgot. I have to say, I really admire Kelly McGillis for being willing to open up just as far as she did here. To come out publicly on its own is one thing -- but to have the courage to go so far as to admit to her struggles and self-doubts is another level entirely. She deserves a lot of respect for that.

Sean Penn files for legal separation from his wife
    By ERIN CARLSON, AP Entertainment Writer Erin Carlson, Ap Entertainment Writer 5 mins ago

NEW YORK Sean Penn and Robin Wright apparently tried to make it work but now, it seems their marriage might be over for good.

Penn and his actress wife are separating after 13 years of marriage, citing irreconcilable differences.

The double Oscar winner filed the petition on April 23 in Marin County Superior Court in San Rafael, Calif., according to court papers.

The couple married in April 1996. Penn has requested joint legal and physical custody of their 18-year-old daughter, Dylan Francis, and 15-year-old son, Hopper Jack.

This isn't the first indication of marital strife. The Penns filed for divorce in December 2007 but dismissed their petition several months later.

They attended the Academy Awards together in February. Penn, 48, won an Oscar for his role in the drama "Milk," and neglected to thank his wife in his acceptance speech.

Calls to the couple's representative, Mara Buxbaum, and Penn's lawyer, Mindy Lauren Ross, were not immediately returned.

A hearing has been scheduled for Aug. 21, according to the Marin County Superior Court Web site.

Penn met Wright on the set of the 1990 Irish mob movie "State of Grace." The famously brooding actor, who previously married and divorced first wife Madonna, seemed to find the yin to his yang in the luminous actress, whose serene demeanor tempered his macho swagger. Wright, who was married once before to former soap star Dane Witherspoon, has said Penn helped her gain confidence and stand up for herself.

Penn launched his acclaimed acting career as the stoned surfer dude Jeff Spicoli in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High." His other, much heavier, roles include "Dead Man Walking," "21 Grams," "I Am Sam," "All the King's Men" and "Mystic River," for which he won a best actor Oscar in 2004.

Penn's second trophy came after he showed surprising warmth and humor as slain gay rights leader Harvey Milk. Despite his reputation as a serious actor, he recently agreed to play Larry in the Farrelly brothers' big-screen update of "The Three Stooges."

He has also directed several films, including 2007's "Into the Wild" and 1995's "The Crossing Guard," which co-starred Wright and Jack Nicholson.

Wright, 43, is best known for her role in "The Princess Bride" in 1987 and "Forrest Gump" in 1994 opposite Tom Hanks. Her other credits include "Beowulf," "Breaking and Entering" and the new Russell Crowe drama "State of Play."

+ Reply to Thread