+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4587Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Didn't I hear, today, that Mel was worth approximately a billion or, probably, more? I don't think I'd settle for "a couple of million" either!

Hang tough, Mrs. Mel!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I heard the mention of the "B" (as in billion) word on one of the news shows last night.

900 million is what I heard. Pretty close to the billion mark. They own several homes (mansions) including an island somewhere. Seven children but only one who is still a minor. No pre-nup and from what I gather, most of the money was earned during the marriage. She should be getting a pretty hefty sum I'd say.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3415865;
    900 million is what I heard. Pretty close to the billion mark. They own several homes (mansions) including an island somewhere. Seven children but only one who is still a minor. No pre-nup and from what I gather, most of the money was earned during the marriage. She should be getting a pretty hefty sum I'd say.
    That would almost, almost, make it worth having spent 20 years with Mel.

Otherwise, *shudder*.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3414929;
    One of my friends got her annulment after about a year and a half wait, and she certainly did not have any kind of money to pay for one. She had only been married about 3 years when she figured it was not going to last. Once she got her annulment she did marry again. Second marriage is now going on 29 years.

I know other people who have gotten divorced but never bothered with getting an annulment. Guess to them, the idea of never receiving Communion again, etc., was no big deal.

I know that in my friend's case, her second husband had never been married before and he was a devout Catholic. I think it was really because of his views (wanting to get married in the Church, etc.) that she went for the annulment.

In Mel's case, since he is such a devout Catholic, I can see where he would want an annulment so that he can still practice his faith.

I heard that they did not have a prenup so it should be interesting to see how much this divorce is going to cost.
    Sorry, not to offend, but I would not hold this man up as a paragon of any religion, Catholic or not, being able to practice their faith. He is NOT a devout Ctholic to look up to. He's been a womanizer, a racist, a philanderer and a substance abuser. I hope the wife gets her fair share for putting up with such a sad excuse for a human being.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 04-16-2009 at 04:13 PM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I used to love Mel, but lost all respect for him. I think she deserves a lion's share. I personally wouldn't have put up w/his schmaltz for more than the 1st time. I deserve more than that, and I think his wife is smart that she finally realized that for herself!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think the issue, now, is for them to come to an agreement on when they separated, since that will have to do with how much she is entitled to....although I don't think it should. You're either married, or you're not. Separation has never meant "unmarried" to me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3416101;
    Sorry, not to offend, but I would not hold this man up as a paragon of any religion, Catholic or not, being able to practice their faith. He is NOT a devout Ctholic to look up to. He's been a womanizer, a racist, a philanderer and a substance abuser. I hope the wife gets her fair share for putting up with such a sad excuse for a human being.
    So because he's a sinner, that means he shouldn't be held up as a devout Catholic? I don't think that churches are museums of perfect people. I'm not sure what hte point of confession is in the Catholic church if its not the recognition that even the most devoted to their church are sinners.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3416353;
    So because he's a sinner, that means he shouldn't be held up as a devout Catholic? I don't think that churches are museums of perfect people. I'm not sure what hte point of confession is in the Catholic church if its not the recognition that even the most devoted to their church are sinners.
    But he appears to be an unrepentant sinner. At least for some of those sins. Being devout implies a willingness to learn the lessons taught by your religion. Has Gibson?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3416636;
    But he appears to be an unrepentant sinner. At least for some of those sins. Being devout implies a willingness to learn the lessons taught by your religion. Has Gibson?
    I've always felt that the act of confession just made it ok to be able to sin because afterall, you can confess it and be absolved.

What I was taught is that we're all sinners, but should learn from our mistakes and try really hard not to make them again. Being absolved everytime I make a mistake wouldn't necessarily make me want to not do it again. And from the reports of his actions over the years, he kept on doing this stuff despite evidence that he knew it was wrong.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread