+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4625Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by imissme;3410386;
    Personally, if Billy Boob Thorton says negative things about Canadians then they must be true. This guy needs a dose of humilty and reality. How the heck does he even rank a newsstory?
    He's touring as the opening act for Willie Nelson and he was interviewed by Jian Ghomeshi, a well-known radio host/interviewer and musician (formerly of Moxy Fruvous) on the CBC, Canada's national broadcast organization. So a huge, huge portion of the country actually heard this d-bag and his pathetic self-important rant. And then, of course, it went viral.

And I can not repeat often enough, Mr. Thornton is lucky that we are a polite nation.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fanatic

And just now I read on Yahoo that the rest of the Canadian tour of Billy's band has been cancelled. Maybe he should go into pr? Go away Mr Thorton.

FORT Fogey

I was half way buying this until I read:

Meanwhile, another source told IUC that Jolie is demanding that Pitt undergo DNA testing to prove he fathered several of her kids. This all because an ex lover of Jolie recently claimed he was the biological father of one of the children Jolie said Pitt was the father of.
    Yeah right, DNA, HAHA! All you have to do is LOOK at Shiloh and the twins to see mini-Brads.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

When it comes to breaking celeb news, People.com is the best for that. They've some shred of credibility.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Yeah I just commented about this in the Brangelina thread. I would have to see/hear it elsewhere, like People or some of the entertainment segments of the news channels, to really believe it.

And I agree about the DNA....especially with Shiloh. I don't know if I have ever seen a pic of the twins, but Shiloh is a BP clone IMO.

I find this humorous. It really made me laugh this am. First, he's having trouble w/the broad that broke up his marriage and he calls his first wife to see what he should do?! Are you kidding me?!!!

Then she puts a restraining order on him....who's been watching the kids while she makes a movie? And she feels she has to prove that he's the father of some of her children?

I'm sorry, but I find this highly unlikely.

Mel Gibson Divorce Filing Cites Irreconcilable Differences - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

I also heard on a TMZ video clip that she's seeking spousal support. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I think if someone receives a multi-million dollar settlement (which she will most likely receive) that there is no reason to seek spousal support on top of that. Just give me my millions and I'll be on my way .

Mel Gibson's wife of nearly three decades has filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences.

"Throughout our marriage and separation we have always strived to maintain the privacy and integrity of our family and will continue to do so," the couple said in a statement Monday.

TMZ, which first reported the filing Monday, says Robyn and Mel Gibson had no prenuptial agreement. Under California law, communal property, including earnings, is divided in half. Gibson's fortune was estimated at $900 million in 2006.

The Lethal Weapon star, who won two Oscars for Braveheart, has kept a much lower profile since unleashing an anti-Semitic tirade during a 2006 arrest on suspicion of driving under the influence. He later pleaded no contest.

He turned up on the post-Oscar episode of Jimmy Kimmel Live earlier this year, sporting an old-timey mustache-goatee combo. On the show, he denied one of the stranger accounts in the police report of his arrest: that he called a female officer "sugar tits."

The Gibsons have seven children, just one of whom, Tom, is a minor. Robyn Gibson is seeking custody.

The couple married in June 1980, and Robyn Gibson lists the date of their separation as "TBD."

Her attorney, Laura Wasser, who has also handled the divorces of Britney Spears, Angelina Jolie, and Stevie Wonder, did not return a call for comment Monday.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

The jury on the Phil Spector murder trial just voted to convict on 2nd degree murder. The first trial, a few years ago, resulted in a hung jury.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Here's an article on Spector.
    Phil Spector found guilty of 2nd-degree murder - Road Runner
    Rock music producer Phil Spector was convicted Monday of second-degree murder in the shooting death of a film actress at his mansion six years ago.

A Superior Court jury returned the verdict after about 30 hours of deliberations. The jury had the option of choosing involuntary manslaughter, but did not do so.

The panel also found Spector guilty of using a firearm in committing a crime.

Spector exhibited no reaction to the verdict. His attorney argued that he should remain free on bail pending the May 29 sentencing, but Judge Larry Paul Fidler remanded him to jail immediately.

Second-degree murder carries a penalty of 15 years to life in prison, and the firearm charge carries up to three years in prison.

Spector's young wife, Rachelle, sobbed as the decision was announced. It was Spector's second trial. The first jury deadlocked 10-2, favoring conviction in 2007.

The 40-year-old Lana Clarkson, star of the 1985 cult film "Barbarian Queen," died of a gunshot fired in her mouth as she sat in the foyer of Spector's mansion in 2003. She met Spector only hours earlier at her job as a nightclub hostess.

Prosecutors argued Spector had a history of threatening women with guns when they tried to leave his presence. The defense claimed she killed herself.

The murder case was a flash from Hollywood's distant past, a reminder of the 1960s when Spector reigned as the hit maker supreme with such songs as the Righteous Brothers' "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'" and the Ronettes' classic, "Be My Baby."

Spector, 69, who had long lived in seclusion at his suburban Alhambra "castle," was out on the town in Hollywood when he met Clarkson on Feb. 3, 2003, at the House of Blues. The tall, blond actress, recently turned 40 and unable to find acting work, had taken a job as a hostess. When the club closed in the wee hours, she accepted a chauffeured ride to Spector's home for a drink. Three hours later, she was dead.

Spector's chauffeur, the key witness, said he heard a gunshot, then saw Spector emerge holding a gun and heard him say: "I think I killed somebody."

Defense attorney Doron Weinberg disputed whether the chauffeur remembered the words accurately. In closing arguments, Weinberg listed 14 points of forensic evidence including blood spatter, gunshot residue and DNA, which he said were proof of a self-inflicted wound.

"It's very difficult to put a gun in somebody's mouth," he said.

"Every single fact says this is a self-inflicted gunshot wound," Weinberg argued. "How do you ignore it? How do you say this could have been a homicide?"

But prosecutors portrayed Spector as a dangerous man who became a "demonic maniac" when he drank and had a history of threatening women with guns. They also contended blood spatter evidence proved that Clarkson could not have shot herself.

As in the first trial, they presented testimony from five women who told of being threatened by a drunken Spector, even held hostage in his home, with a gun pointed at them and threats of death if they tried to leave. The parallels with the night Clarkson died were chilling even if the stories were very old _ 31 years in one instance.

Clarkson's mother and sister sat through both trials and Spector's young wife, Rachelle, sat across the courtroom from them.

Prosecutors, haunted by the acquittals of stars such as O.J. Simpson, Robert Blake and Michael Jackson, at first seemed invested in making Spector the first star to be convicted in a major criminal case. But after the first trial ended in a deadlock, public interest faded. The second six-month trial was played out in a sparsely populated courtroom with few members of the media present.

During jury selection, only a few panelists remembered Spector's heyday as the inventor of the "Wall of Sound" recording technique and producer of teen anthems including, "To Know Him is to Love Him," The Crystals' "Da Doo Ron Ron" and "He's a Rebel" and Ike and Tina Turner's "River Deep-Mountain High." He also worked on a Beatles album with John Lennon.

+ Reply to Thread