+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4618Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Premium Member

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Rest in peace Natasha, I am in shock what a wonderful actress. My prayers go out to her family.

Premium Member

Natasha Richardson dies after fall on ski slope - Yahoo! Canada News

NEW YORK - Natasha Richardson, a gifted and precocious heiress to acting royalty whose career highlights included the film "Patty Hearst" and a Tony-winning performance in a stage revival of "Cabaret," died Wednesday at age 45 after suffering a head injury from a skiing accident in Quebec.

Alan Nierob, the Los Angeles-based publicist for Richardson's husband Liam Neeson, confirmed her death Wednesday night in a written statement.

"Liam Neeson, his sons, and the entire family are shocked and devastated by the tragic death of their beloved Natasha," the statement said. "They are profoundly grateful for the support, love and prayers of everyone, and ask for privacy during this very difficult time."

The statement did not give details on the cause of death for Richardson, who suffered a head injury when she fell on a beginner's trail during a private ski lesson at the luxury Mont Tremblant ski resort in Quebec. She was hospitalized Tuesday in Montreal and later flown to a hospital in New York City.

Her husband was reportedly in Toronto at the time of Richardson's accident filming the movie "Chloe" with Julianne Moore.

Producers confirmed that Neeson immediately left the Toronto set upon news of his wife's accident.

Family members were seen coming and going from the New York hospital where Richardson was reportedly taken.

Vanessa Redgrave, Richardson's mother, arrived in a car with darkened windows and was taken through a garage when she arrived at the Lenox Hill Hospital on Manhattan's Upper East Side at around 5 p.m. Wednesday. An hour earlier, Richardson's sister, Joely, arrived alone and was swarmed by the media as she entered through the back of the hospital.

Premium Member

Stacy Keach recuperating after stroke - Yahoo! Canada News

LOS ANGELES - A spokesman for Stacy Keach says the actor is recovering after a mild stroke.

Publicist Dick Guttman said Wednesday the 67-year-old actor had a very mild stroke with no impairment of his motor or speech abilities.

He remains in a Los Angeles hospital for observation and routine precautionary procedures.

No further details were provided.

Keach had been starring as Richard Nixon in the Center Theater Group's production of "Frost/Nixon" at the Ahmanson Theatre.

In a statement, Guttman said the producers of 'Frost/Nixon' look forward to his speedy recovery and his return to the show.

So incredibly sad for Natasha and her family. Truly a heatbreaking situation.

you know, Stacy Keach was my heartthrob when he was Mike Hammer. Speedy recovery!

It sounds like Farrah Fawcett is quite ill once again. I read somewhere else that the cancer has metastized to her liver, hopefully that's not the case.

Farrah Fawcett Asks Fans to Hold on to Hope - Health, Farrah Fawcett : People.com
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Poor Farrah, I wish her well. And I also heard that her son was arrested for drugs once again. Just what his mom needs on top of everything else that's on her plate.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Billy Bob Thornton has a Joaquim Phoenix like melt-down on CBC interview with Jian Ghomeshi. Included in his diatribe-Canadians are like mashed-potatoes-without the gravy. Mr. Ghomeshi forgot his manners and ought to have made BBT feel more at home by throwing a stool at his head.
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Parasolpink;3409531;
    Billy Bob Thornton has a Joaquim Phoenix like melt-down on CBC interview with Jian Ghomeshi. Included in his diatribe-Canadians are like mashed-potatoes-without the gravy. Mr. Ghomeshi forgot his manners and ought to have made BBT feel more at home by throwing a stool at his head.
    My thought when I heard this was that Billy Bob ought to be thankful that we're polite - that's the only reason a group of us (not me personally) will sit through his entire show. I've been to shows by good musicians, and believe me, we know how to whoop it up for quality.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fanatic

Personally, if Billy Boob Thorton says negative things about Canadians then they must be true. This guy needs a dose of humilty and reality. How the heck does he even rank a newsstory?

+ Reply to Thread