+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4633Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3386604;
    I have been away from skiing for the last several years, but spent many many years skiing starting at around 5 years old. I never wore a helmet and I don't think I ever saw anyone wear a helmet at the resort we frequented. And the location I am referring to is a very challenging location for skiing in the US. I was surprised in the articles that they even mentioned helmets. Has wearing helmets while skiing become a common practice in the last few years??
    I've not known of anyone wearing a helmet and I've never known of one told to do so on the bunny slope.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3386367;
    How sad. What really amazes me is that she didn't hit anything. Shows how fragile humans really are.
    Actually, I don't think the human body is especially fragile, unless there is some kind of sick, chronic condition within the body. Think of how many times people bang their heads (and other body parts) and there are no significant damages to vital organs. The human body is an amazing design. This was, sadly, an unfortunate turn of events. Nobody knows why some things happen to some people and not to others.

A helmet probably would have made the life/death difference, unless there was some kind of pre-existing, underlying weakness that had gone undetected. Even a lot of aneurysms have been present since birth, and aren't discovered until after the fatal moment.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Sounds to me like it should be enforced to wear a helmet while skiing/snowboarding. Certainly wouldn't hurt....
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

I remember Vanessa Redgrave doing a one woman stage version of Joan Didion's The Year of Magical Thinking. The author wrote about her experience in coping with the deaths of both her daughter and her husband. I truly hope that life doesn't imitate art here.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

It has been announced that Natasha Richardson has passed away.
    She was a lovely lady with a lot of talent and my heart goes out to her family.

I just read the news as well. I was truly praying for her and her loved ones, and her loved ones will continue to be in my prayers. May she rest in peace. SHe truly seemed to be such a classy lady, and talented as well.

That is so very sad and shocking that she has passed. I remember seeing her and Liam in an airport when our flights were delayed. Poor family....my heart.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Oh, how awful. I really feel for her family. What a freakish accident, I was hoping she'd recover.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

So sad. Rest In Peace Natasha.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

They d/c'd her at 1:30 p.m. Blessings on her family.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread