+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4627Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

She's one of my favorite actresses. I feel so badly for her family and that something that seemed so minor turned into something so tragic. I wonder if she had been seen by a doctor right away would there have been a chance.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

This is so terribly sad. I had seen headlines about her accident, but had not actually read any of them. I had no idea it was so serious!
    My heart goes out to her husband, children, and the rest of her family...

FORT Fogey

Natasha Richardson's Serious Brain Injury

Is anyone else following this story? She fell during a skiing lesson and initially said she felt okay. But within an hour she was exhibiting classic symptoms of brain injury and is now in a coma in a New York hospital.

She's made a number of popular movies and is the daughter of Vanessa Redgrave and the wife of Liam Neeson.

I'm wondering if wearing helmets would prevent some of these types of injuries, but not sure skiers would wear them unless they were mandatory. My heart goes out to this family!

I think at this point, it's easy to say - should have, would have, could have. Sadly, she was on the bunny slope and few, if any, ever wear helmets there. THis sounds like one of those really true "freak accidents." I am still keeping my fingers crossed for a miracle to happen.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

My Daughter has been taking skiing lessons for 4 years now.. she started when she was 4 (or younger.. goodness) and has ALWAYS worn a helmet. My Father has taught skiing since i was in my very early teens.. and he too has ALWAYS worn a helmet. I am shocked that she was not. I know it isnt in the best interest of 'fashion' but still...

This is a horrid situation.. and my heart goes out to her family.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

I just read this on TMZ...it doesn't seem to be reported anywhere else that I see.

Natasha Richardson has been taken off life support, according to NYC legendary columnist, Liz Smith.

Smith has extremely close ties to the whole Broadway scene and is certainly in a position to know. Smith says as of 1:30 PM ET today, Natasha was taken off life support.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Good. If she was brain dead, keeping her body alive is ultimately the crueler choice.

Just thinking about Liam Neeson, her husband. A fact that I guess even some dumb newspaper people forgot, since crap like THIS got posted TODAY:

03/18/2009 - Who's the winner in our Irish bracket contest? John Carney decides - STLtoday.com

Geez, St. Louis Post Dispatch. Sure, it's a "St. Patrick’s Day" poll, but take that crap down!

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3386571;
    My Daughter has been taking skiing lessons for 4 years now.. she started when she was 4 (or younger.. goodness) and has ALWAYS worn a helmet. My Father has taught skiing since i was in my very early teens.. and he too has ALWAYS worn a helmet. I am shocked that she was not. I know it isnt in the best interest of 'fashion' but still...
    I have been away from skiing for the last several years, but spent many many years skiing starting at around 5 years old. I never wore a helmet and I don't think I ever saw anyone wear a helmet at the resort we frequented. And the location I am referring to is a very challenging location for skiing in the US. I was surprised in the articles that they even mentioned helmets. Has wearing helmets while skiing become a common practice in the last few years??

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I wish these so called 'family friends' would shut up.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread