+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4543Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Remeber that short time period when the guys kept skiing into trees? I remember that Sonny Bono was one of the people, but I can't remember the other guy. Weren't those head injuries?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3385262;
    Remeber that short time period when the guys kept skiing into trees? I remember that Sonny Bono was one of the people, but I can't remember the other guy. Weren't those head injuries?
    Yes. Sonny Bono and Michael Kennedy were both head injuries from skiing accidents.

I'm hoping, because it's the New York Post and they are not always the most reliable publication, that they have the story wrong once again. However, as some of you have stated, the fact that she is flying at this time is quite scary. A statement is suppossed to be issued tomorrow, I hope it contains a measure of hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3385288;
    Yes. Sonny Bono and Michael Kennedy were both head injuries from skiing accidents.
    Weren't they both experienced skiers on more difficult runs, though? I'm racking my brains trying to figure how she could have struck her head that hard while skiing on a bunny hill. I was just speaking to my husband and he reminded me about one of his uncles who died from a brain aneurysm - this uncle of his had fallen on some ice and lost consciousness a few hours later. He passed away a few days later, and the doctors figured that the fall itself didn't kill him but it triggered the aneurysm. He was a young guy with two little kids, it was very tragic.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Premium Member

I hope Natasha Richardson recovers, so many rumours saying she is brain dead and they are going to take her off life support. Will send prayers to her and her family that it isn't true and that she will recover in full.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

This is so horrifying.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

My kids are both advanced snowboarders and spend most of their free time at our local resort. I can't tell you how many times the life-star helicopter is called there to transport head injuries. If the slope conditions are sketchy, even experienced skiers/riders can have a treacherous run. Many prayers are being sent her way.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3385956;
    Weren't they both experienced skiers on more difficult runs, though? I'm racking my brains trying to figure how she could have struck her head that hard while skiing on a bunny hill. I was just speaking to my husband and he reminded me about one of his uncles who died from a brain aneurysm - this uncle of his had fallen on some ice and lost consciousness a few hours later. He passed away a few days later, and the doctors figured that the fall itself didn't kill him but it triggered the aneurysm. He was a young guy with two little kids, it was very tragic.
    Yes, both Bono and Kennedy were experienced skiiers. Kennedy was in the middle of a ski/football game when his accident occured, which some argued caused the accident. But both were experienced. I don't think that skiing had much to do with this accident. The truth is, any minor hit to the head can cause traumatic or fatal injuries. I have a family friend so simply slipped and fell on a boat one evening while on vacation. He knocked his head, but truthfully, he and the people he was with were more concerned about a knee he slightly twisted when he slipped. They went about dinner, hung out for a while, and then went to bed thinking nothing of the slip. A few hours later, he woke up with a horrible headache. Within a couple of hours, he was dead. The brain, and the blood vessels surrounding it, are tender things. We're blessed with thick skulls meant to protect it. But a minor hit in just the right (or wrong) place can cause major major damage. It's scary.

FORT Regular

Report: Natasha Richardson to be 'detached' from life support | The Dish Rag | Los Angeles Times

Report: Natasha Richardson to be 'detached' from life support

While there has still been no official statement from Natasha Richardson's family about her health, People is now reporting that the actress is brain dead.

"There is no chance," a family friend told People Tuesday night. "It is a fact that her heart is beating, but she is brain dead."

Her dire condition is as bad as many feared when no encouraging reports were forthcoming Tuesday.

People reports those close to Richardson describe her condition as "leakage of blood between the brain and skull."

And the actress' family faces a heartbreaking decision. "It's not official yet," says the friend, "but they basically will detach her."

For the last 23 hours, there have been conflicting reports on Richardson's health and the extent of her injuries.

The New York Times reports that the family, who has been gathering at the hospital, has been “highly stressed,” citing sources "close to the family who spoke on the condition of anonymity."

TMZ may have gotten inside intel about her ambulance ride from the airport to Lenox Hill Hospital. Their source says Natasha was "unconscious," her pupils "non-reactive," her skin was "pale" and she was suffering from "major head trauma."

They also report that her husband, Liam Neeson, held her hand the entire time, caressing her face as he sat silent.

When the plane landed in New Jersey, TMZ says that medics on board on the flight informed the ambulance team that Richardson was "brain dead."

If anyone would like to leave comments supporting the family in this terrible time, please feel free to do so here.

All good energy and prayers are welcome.

How sad. What really amazes me is that she didn't hit anything. Shows how fragile humans really are.

+ Reply to Thread