+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3900Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I hope she comes through this. How sad for her family.

It makes you think about the use of helmets. I remember learning to ski many moons ago and we did not use helmets. We were also taught how to fall (and looking back, how did they know how we were going to fall?)

Even though it was a "beginner's run" and she was just taking a lesson, it concerns me that she wasn't wearing a helmet...

My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family.

"So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3385118;
    It is both eerie and sad to me that if the Post report is accurate, it means that Liam Neeson now faces playing out in real life the role that he played in Love Actually. In that movie, he was a widower still deeply in love with his wife, doing his best to raise his son on his own. I adored him in that movie, but hate that it could be coming true for him.

There seem to be conflicting reports as to whtether she is brain dead, or has brain swelling. Either way, it is an extremely critical situation.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3385162;
    There seem to be conflicting reports as to whtether she is brain dead, or has brain swelling. Either way, it is an extremely critical situation.
    At least with swelling there's hope.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3385168;
    Yes, so true.
    And this family really needs hope right now.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3385168;
    I'm certainly not a medical professional, but I find it hard to believe they'd put her on a plane if she's got a serious brain injury, from which she might recover. I hate to say it, but that post report is probably right .
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Good point.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;3385170;
    I'm certainly not a medical professional, but I find it hard to believe they'd put her on a plane if she's got a serious brain injury, from which she might recover. I hate to say it, but that post report is probably right .
    I agree. She would have received excellent medical care in Montreal so there would be no other reason to fly her back home unless, as the article says, it's to allow her family to see her before they discontinue life support. At the same time, I hope they got the story wrong somehow.

My 4th-grader went on a ski trip with her class last month and they all had to wear helmets, but I don't know if those are the rules for all beginners or if it was because they are children. Funny, I never connect head injuries with skiing - it seems that you're more likely to suffer broken limbs if you have a bad fall and there's no safety gear I'm aware of to prevent that. This sounds like one of those freak head injuries where someone strikes their head in just the wrong place with tragic consequences.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread