+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4587Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

How pathetic are these people?? There have been two arrests made in an extortion plot against the Travolta family with a third one pending involving a close friend of the family.

2 held in alleged extortion over photo of Travolta's dying son - On Deadline - USATODAY.com

Police in the Bahamas have detained a lawmaker and a paramedic in an alleged extortion plot against John Travolta, whose son, Jett, died earlier this month after suffering a seizure at the family's home on Grand Bahama.

Sen. Pleasant Bridgewater was picked up yesterday and ambulance driver Tarino Lightbourne was detained today, The Associated Press is reporting.

The Daily Mail reported yesterday that the alleged plot "is said to involve a photograph of his son Jett that was taken as he was dying."

The paper says that Travolta "was contacted by a pair of alleged extortionists who demanded 'millions of dollars' or threatened to sell the photo to the highest bidder." He contacted his lawyers immediately.

TMZ put the figure at $20 million.

I heard about this on the news last night. What kind of sick person takes a picture of someone's dying child in order to extort a grieving family for money? May God someday show them the mercy that they did not show the Travoltas.

MRD

SICK!!!! And they deserve to be arrested and put under the jail. I say bring back the stocks and public humiliation in the town square for the likes of these idiots.

And what paramedic would do such a thing? I hope he never works again.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Please tell me no one bought any photos!?

Yesterday's NY Post reported that there were no photos, apparently the press got it wrong. What they were being threatened with was a document of some sort.

INSIDE 'PLOT' VS. TRAVOLTA - New York Post

I just heard on our local news a teaser that charges have been filed in the death of Anna Nicole smith. A quick Google search turned up this.
    Posts from the Anna Nicole Smith Category at TMZ.com
    Howard K. Stern Turns Himself In

Posted Mar 12th 2009 10:05PM by TMZ Staff

Howard K. Stern is turning himself in tonight -- he's being arrested and charged, along with two other doctors, for allegedly conspiring to fuel an an addict with iprescription drugs -- and the addict was Anna Nicole Smith.

Stern and Dr. Sandeep Kapoor and Khristine Eroshevich are being charged with a total of 8 felonies.

According to the L.A. County D.A. the conspiracy counts allege the 3 defendants conspired to funish controlled substances to Smith from between July, 2004 and January 2007.

Stern and Kapoor were charged with one count of unlawfully prescribi9ng a controlled substance. Eroshevich and Stern were charged with unlawfully prescribing a controlled substance between June, 2004 and January, 2007.

As we first reported, California drug officials recently raided the Los Angeles office of Dr. Sandeep Kapoor, looking for evidence against Stern.

Stern has denied doing anything illegal in connection with drugs and Anna Nicole.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3381635;
    I just heard on our local news a teaser that charges have been filed in the death of Anna Nicole smith. A quick Google search turned up this.
    Posts from the Anna Nicole Smith Category at TMZ.com
    Well, it's about time! This case reminds me of when Elvis died; his doctors and manager/personal assistants should have been charged (were they ever?).
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Wasn't Howard K. Stern the one who fought for custody of the little girl? Was he an actual doctor? If not, how could he prescribe drugs?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I thought he was a lawyer, not a doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3381779;
    I thought he was a lawyer, not a doctor.
    He is a lawyer, but is in trouble because he was the one picking up the drugs from the doctors and administering them to her.

+ Reply to Thread