+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5194Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

FORT Fogey

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3271653;
    THe first I saw of her was on Melrose Place. I have no idea whether her lips were real then or not.
    However, I have not known many people whose lips have gotten bigger over the years.......
    Or lumpier!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3271646;
    I saw that headline and it scared me. Seeing part of his interview Wednesday made me sad. I don't think we will have him around much longer and that will make me cry.

Get better, Patrick.
    I watched his whole interview with Barbara Walters and I sat there and bawled the entire time. It doesn't help that my dad died of pancreatic cancer and only lived less than 2 months after his diagnosis.

I wish him well and hope that in the end he goes peacefully.....

Ok..off to cry again
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

So very sorry for your loss, bama.

Thanks Margaritaville ...he's been gone almost 13 years and it still hits hard sometimes...

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3273506;
    I watched his whole interview with Barbara Walters and I sat there and bawled the entire time. It doesn't help that my dad died of pancreatic cancer and only lived less than 2 months after his diagnosis.

Ok..off to cry again
    That day is going to be a hard day. It's funny how we don't even know these people yet when they are sick or pass on it still hurts. I cried when Chris LeDoux died, it's like they are family or something.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3273766;
    That day is going to be a hard day. It's funny how we don't even know these people yet when they are sick or pass on it still hurts. I cried when Chris LeDoux died, it's like they are family or something.
    I never make fun of anyone when they cry over some movie star/singer when they die. I sobbed like a baby when Elvis died and there are several others that when their time comes to pass, I will be a big pile of crying mess.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3271653;
    THe first I saw of her was on Melrose Place. I have no idea whether her lips were real then or not.
    However, I have not known many people whose lips have gotten bigger over the years.......
    Actually, large lips can appear to get larger over the years as the face loses elasticity and fat and the lips start to sag a little (also why the nose appears larger as one ages). That's why I've never found the large-lip look attractive, natural or not - I can always picture how they're going to end up in a couple of decades. Sort of looking like a Don Knotts caricature.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3273506;

Ok..off to cry again
    I missed it, and had mixed emotions about doing so. I too, lost an uncle last Feb. to pancreatic cancer, and my grandmother to it in 1984. Like your dad, my grandmother was gone in a couple of months, while my uncle lasted 4 months. I wanted to see the interview because I want to see someone beat this thing. From your reaction, and the recent news that he's been hospitalized, I'm guessing that the interview was not the message in hope that I was hoping it would be.

I will also cry like a baby should he lose his fight. For him to continue to film that new series when I've seen the pain people with this form of cancer endure, he's a strong man, and I admire him for that.

I understand how some people feel a bit strange for crying when a famous person dies, but many people are guilty of it. I've cried when someone whose work I admired passed away. I remember crying when both Marvin Gaye and Aaliyah died.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3274024;
    I never make fun of anyone when they cry over some movie star/singer when they die. I sobbed like a baby when Elvis died and there are several others that when their time comes to pass, I will be a big pile of crying mess.

Same here, Bama.

I can cry when someone I don't know dies because I've had several really bad losses in my life. I feel for the people in their lives, their families, their friends, etc. It's never easy to lose someone we love even if we just love seeing them on tv or in movies. I really hope he gets better but I know it's not good. Please let him pass in peace and be in very little or no pain at all.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread