+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4587Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Gee, that is so sad. I came in here because a friend told me about it on the phone. Does Jett have siblings?

Blessings to all of the Travolta family and friends.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Jett has a younger sister, Ella Blue....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Awww, losing her older brother at such a young age...

I like the Travoltas' choice of names (have to switch to the positive).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3262668;
    Awww, losing her older brother at such a young age...

I like the Travoltas' choice of names (have to switch to the positive).
    If I remember correctly Jett was named because of Johns love of flying.

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3262720;
    If I remember correctly Jett was named because of Johns love of flying.
    So cool, and I love the double T.

There will be an autopsy on Monday according to reports. Does anyone else find it odd that he was last seen entering the bathroom around 9pm on New Year's Day, and yet not found until 10am the next day in the same bathroom ?? Especially in light of his history of seizures? He apparently had enough of a medical condition to need a full time caretaker as that is who found him.

Ugh, Margaritaville, I did not know of those details. Very sad.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3262734;
    There will be an autopsy on Monday according to reports. Does anyone else find it odd that he was last seen entering the bathroom around 9pm on New Year's Day, and yet not found until 10am the next day in the same bathroom ?? Especially in light of his history of seizures? He apparently had enough of a medical condition to need a full time caretaker as that is who found him.
    I didn't quite understand that either, unless the timeline was missing something. Maybe they thought he went to brush his teeth and then went to bed?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Was the 'caretaker' for the property and entire family, or for Jett? I didn't get the impression that the caretaker was for him.

Anyway, the autopsy is on Monday so that they can see what really happened to him.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 01-03-2009 at 10:32 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

From things I have read both in the past and currently, the caretaker has been with Jett for many years. He very well may have had responsibilities that extended beyond Jett at times. There was even a pic a couple of years ago of the "caretaker" and John sharing a kiss. Not even going there with that. I have also read over the years that they had a nanny for both Jett and Ella Blue. Completely understandable for a younger child, but a teen?

We will have to wait for the autopsy on Monday, I guess. I read last night that Jett's seizures had been controlled as of late, so maybe he had been on some type of medication. I hope he did not suffer. Rest in peace, Jett.

Edited to add -- new details coming out.

Travolta's Son -- Fatal Blow to Head - TMZ.com

TMZ has learned what may have killed Jett Travolta, and it's not what police have suggested.

We've spoken with John Travolta's lawyer and close friend, Michael McDermott, and family attorney Michael Ossi, both of whom are with John in the Bahamas. They tell TMZ it appears Jett's fatal injury was the result of hitting his head on the bathtub, toilet seat, or both. And they say the intimation that Jett went undiscovered for hours is absolutely false.

Police have said the last time anyone saw Jett was when he went to the bathroom on January 1. His body was discovered by nanny Jeff Kathrein the next day at 10 AM. In fact, McDermott and Ossi say it appears Jett went back and forth to his room and the fatal injury occurred "very shortly" before Jett was found on the bathroom floor -- McDermott called it a "small window of time."

McDermott and Ossi tell us two nannies were present on the trip and Jeff was by his side 24/7. There was a baby monitor device by Jett's side and there was also a chimer in the bathroom when the door opened.

McDermott and Ossi say it is still unclear if Jett fell to the floor as a result of a seizure or if he had a seizure after falling or slipping. There was blood on the floor of the bathroom, but "not a tremendous amount." It appears the striking of Jett's head was the cause of death, though it won't be clear until the autopsy is performed Monday morning.
    Last edited by Margaritaville; 01-03-2009 at 04:23 PM.

+ Reply to Thread