+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4743Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3235848;
    Well like the saying goes "The first baby can come at anytime. The second one always takes nine months"!
    But doesn't that first baby usually take less than 9 months, not more?

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3235957;
    And we're supposed to believe him? He told us she wasn't pregnant when they announced the engagement... ... something tells me that wasn't true.
    I really don't understand why "celebrities" try to hide or not admit to things that are so obvious to everyone else. They'd get a lot more privacy if they just admit, for example, "yes, we're dating" or "yes, we had the baby".
    The media would quickly move on to the next "are they or aren't they" story.
    CYA

Christopher Lloyd lost his home to the fires.

Entertainment - Lloyd: Burned home gives a 'different awareness'

Lloyd: Burned home gives a 'different awareness'

LOS ANGELES — Christopher Lloyd says he has a "different awareness" after returning to his burned-out Montecito home.

The "Back to the Future" actor told ABC's "Good Morning America" that he wouldn't rebuild the $11 million home in the celebrity enclave northwest of Los Angeles. It was among dozens of homes lost in wildfires.

"You watch TV, you see these kinds of incidents happening here and there, but you look with a kind of detachment because it's happening ... elsewhere," he said, walking through the rubble. "But suddenly to be in the midst of it, it's a very different awareness."

Lloyd he'd been putting off organizing and storing memorabilia that he'd kept at the house.

"Kind of don't have to worry about that now," he said.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3236306;
    I really don't understand why "celebrities" try to hide or not admit to things that are so obvious to everyone else. They'd get a lot more privacy if they just admit, for example, "yes, we're dating" or "yes, we had the baby".
    I'm convinced that they enjoy all the attention the speculation gets them.

So is she having an elephant? Because elephants are pregnant for 2 years and it sure seems like she's been pregnant that long. (she probably feels like she has too)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3236306;
    I think it's done for a couple of reasons, one I think is very legitimate, and one not so much, and it depends on the celebrity as to which it is.

Like MRD, I think there are some who will hint but not admit in order to get attention. It benefits them professionally to have the publicity, and they enjoy it, so they play the game. I think Jennifer Anniston is a great example of that. When asked something like "Are you dating Vince Vaughn?" she'd never just say "I don't talk about my relationships anymore, I learned my lesson". Instead, she'd hint, and giggle, and say "oh, you know" without answring, hoping and begging that people would keep on asking.

But i think there are also some celebrities who do not just go ahead and say it becasue they draw a firm line between their personal lives and their professioal lives, and think that commenting in the slightest opens the door to allow it more. I think Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck as a couple fall into this category. They didn't announce her pregnancy because they don't put thier marriage and family life out there for public consumption. They don't walk red carpets together -- that's work. They don't sit down for photo shoots with their daughter - that'd be work. They'll both make brief references to a spouse in interviews, but don't really elaborate about their relationship or their family. When a co-star makes a comment such as Victor Garber letting it "slip" in an interview that Jennifer was pregnant, I think they orchestrate some of that so that people will quit speculating and bothering them, without them opening the door to discuss it themselves. But I think they draw that line, and since they don't cross it, they've got a legitimate argument to ask others not to either.

And then there's the third point that builds upon your second... miscarriages. Unfortunately tragedies such as miscarriages occur and I don't know anyone that would want that 1) to be out in the public eye to be scrutinized on every tabloid magazine and television show, 2) to be discussed by the masses, or 3) to be confronted by the curious, however well-meaning, fan (or non-fan.. even worse) on the street. So many celebrities keep their pregnancies a secret until they have passed at least their first trimester and their doctor has given their health an a-okay.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

And the most annoying type? The Jennifer Aniston example above.

Like MRD, I think there are some who will hint but not admit in order to get attention. It benefits them professionally to have the publicity, and they enjoy it, so they play the game. I think Jennifer Anniston is a great example of that. When asked something like "Are you dating Vince Vaughn?" she'd never just say "I don't talk about my relationships anymore, I learned my lesson". Instead, she'd hint, and giggle, and say "oh, you know" without answring, hoping and begging that people would keep on asking.
    It is so glaringly apparent to me that she just must stay in the papers and I, for one, find that to be the worst type of celebrity. So much of what she does just seem so very calculated because she loves the attention.

In an even bigger example of famewhoreitis..... Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt apparently eloped this weekend. And the article states that she had talked to her mother beforehand and her mother asked if they had broken up. That allegedly made her more determined to elope (a TRUE sign of maturity) and now she says that she doesn't know how she is going to tell her mom. I'd say a cover story on a gossip rag will do it for ya, yes?

I'll go out on a limb and say her mom already knows.

+ Reply to Thread