+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4743Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

John Daly gets in trouble all the time for some kind of drunken stuper of some sort.
    My boyfriend lives 10 mins. away from where this occurred.

Police: Golfer John Daly spends night in jail after passing out at Hooters

By Dan Galindo | Journal Reporter
    Pro golfer John Daly spends night in jail after being stopped outside Hooters
    Published: October 29, 2008

Pro golfer John Daly spent a night in jail this weekend after Winston-Salem police found him intoxicated outside a Hooters restaurant, police said.

Daly, of East Collierville, Tenn., was held early Sunday at the Forsyth County Jail to sober up, Lt. Tyrone Phelps said.

About 1 a.m., paramedics went to the Hooters on a report that Daly had passed out, Phelps said. They called for police, who arrived to find Daly intoxicated and unwilling to go to the hospital to get medical help.

Officers said Daly smelled of alcohol.

"He didn't want to talk to them," Phelps said.

Daly had been traveling in a tour bus and told police that the people on the bus didn't want him back on it. Hooters was closing, so the officers decided to use a state law that allows them in some cases to take someone to jail to be held overnight to sober up, Phelps said.

Daly was later released. A friend, Ira Lee Dean, 39, of Chapmansboro, Tenn., was arrested on a charge of disorderly conduct.

"The friend got a little excited and got out of hand and called the officers names, so he was arrested," Phelps said.

Dean was released on an unsecured bond.

Daly, 42, is a two-time major champion who hasn't had his PGA Tour card for the last two years. He burst onto the scene in 1991 when he came out of nowhere to win the PGA Championship. He was the ninth alternate but got into the tournament and won it.

He has won five times on tour including the 1995 British Open, but hasn't had full playing privilidges on the PGA Tour since 2006.

Daly, who has been divorced four times, has been suspended twice by the tour on at least two occasions.

In March, Daly and his swing coach at the time, Butch Harmon, parted ways after Daly spent time in a Hooter's corporate tent at a PGA Tour tournament in Tampa. Harmon said that Daly wasn't serious about the game of golf.

According to reports, Harmon said: "The most important thing in his life is getting drunk."

Hooters has been one of Daly's sponsors since 2005.

Alexis Aleshire, a spokeswoman for Hooters, said Daly was not in Winston-Salem to do anything promotional for Hooters.
    "From what we heard he was just there to have dinner," Aleshire said.

Daly was given a sponsor's exemption to play in the Wyndham Championship in Greensboro in August where he surprised many by shooting 70-67 to make the cut. He wound up finishing tied for 50th.

This year on the PGA Tour, playing on sponsor's exemptions, Daly played in 17 tournaments and made just five cuts to win $56,017 to rank 232 on the money list.

For his career Daly has made nearly $10 million. He has made $9,109,268 to rank 89th on the PGA Tour's all-time money list.

CNN just reported that author Michael Crichton has died of cancer.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

How sad. He was a great author. RIP Crichton.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I was just coming on to post this. I wasn't sure if it should go into Books or this forum.

I just started re-reading Sphere last week. He was such a great author.

I just read this also. I'm so sad, he was one of my favorite authors.

Michael Crichton dies of cancer

Michael Crichton, the million-selling author of such historic and prehistoric science thrillers as "Jurassic Park," "Timeline" and "The Andromeda Strain," has died of cancer, his family said.

He died Tuesday in Los Angeles at age 66 after a long battle with the illness.

Chrichton was a brand-name author, known for his stories of disaster and systematic breakdown, such as the rampant microbe of "The Andromeda Strain" or dinosaurs running amok in "Jurassic Park," one of his many books that became major Hollywood movies.

"Through his books, Michael Crichton served as an inspiration to students of all ages, challenged scientists in many fields, and illuminated the mysteries of the world in a way we could all understand," his family said in a statement.

The 6-foot-9-inch author was also a screenwriter and filmmaker, earning producing and writing credits for the film versions of many of his titles. He also created the TV hospital series "ER" in 1994.

In recent years, he was the rare writer to get on well with President Bush, perhaps because of his skepticism about global warming, which Crichton addressed in the 2004 novel, "State of Favor." Crichton's views were strongly condemned by environmentalists, who alleged that the author was hurting efforts to pass legislation to reduce emissions of carbon dioxide.

A new novel by Crichton had been tentatively scheduled to come next month, but publisher HarperCollins said the book was postponed indefinitely because of his illness.

"While the world knew him as a great storyteller that challenged our preconceived notions about the world around us — and entertained us all while doing so — his wife Sherri, daughter Taylor, family and friends knew Michael Crichton as a devoted husband, loving father and generous friend who inspired each of us to strive to see the wonders of our world through new eyes," his family said.
    'Jurassic Park' author Michael Crichton dies at 66 - Yahoo! News
    Last edited by waywyrd; 11-05-2008 at 04:48 PM. Reason: fix link

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

My mouth just fell to the floor when I read this! Jurassic Park is one of mine and my son's fave movies...and the fact he created "ER"...rest in peace
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Sad. Rest in peace, Mr. Chriton.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

He was an excellent author, one of my favorites. You'll be missed, Mr. Crichton.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

May you rest in peace Mr. Chrichton. You will be missed.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Sorry to double-post.

So, is anyone surprised that Deanna dumped her Bachelor Snowboarding Love Buddy?

Not. I feel sorry for all the guys. She missed her chance on finding love, twice.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread