+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5275Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

ClosetNerd, I think you got it!

I'm so glad these guys are all ok.

Barenaked Ladies singer, 3 others survive plane crash

Ed Robertson from the Barenaked Ladies received his pilot's licence in 2005 and hosts a TV show called Ed's Up, documenting his travels by plane. (Nathan Denette/Canadian Press)Barenaked Ladies singer Ed Robertson and three others walked away from a plane crash Sunday afternoon in eastern Ontario, police said Monday.

The float plane crashed into a wooded area near Baptiste Lake, north of Bancroft, early Sunday afternoon while trying to land, said Const. Tracey McDonald of the Bancroft OPP.

Police confirmed that Robertson was a passenger aboard the small plane.

No one was injured in the crash and all four were able to walk out of the woods and report the crash, police were quoted as saying in the Belleville Intelligencer.

Band spokesman Adam Smith told the Intelligencer: "Everyone is fine and that is the important thing."

Robertson received his pilot's licence in 2005 and hosts a TV show called Ed's Up, documenting his travels by plane.

It is the second time this summer that a member of the Canadian band has been in the news. Singer Steven Page made headlines when he was arrested in upstate New York and charged with possession of a controlled substance on July 11.

Court documents allege Page admitted to snorting cocaine in his girlfriend's apartment. Page was taken into police custody, but was later released after posting $10,000 bail. If convicted, he faces up to 5 years in prison.

Barenaked Ladies singer, 3 others survive plane crash
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3172201;
    Zuma's gonna be pissed when he goes to school. What were they thinking?
    Zuma? I hope "Zuma" will slap some color into her Ghostly lookin' mama when she gets older. I would! Seriously, Gwen has NO color... she looks like she's been to the Morgue and had all of her blood drained out. Halloween is fast approaching, maybe she wants to be "Casper!" After Halloween, go get in the tanning bed woman!

MRD

Well it's not a new trend. Back in the 70's you had babies born to the Zappas and Bowies with names like Moon Unit, Dwezil and Zowie Bowie.

Zuma Nesta does sound like a new bottled tea or sports drink.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3174183;
    "Zuma Nesta Rock" is right up there with "Mike's Hard Lemonade" or some kind of bottled iced tea.
    Yup! That's exactly what I thought. Sounds like someone butchered the names of Zima (isn't that what that non-alcoholic beer is called?) and Nestea. What were they thinking, or perhaps a better question would be, were they thinking?

CCL

Or, perhaps, what were they drinking?

Zowie Bowie changed his name to Duncan. So maybe 20 years from now we'll have a rash of celebabies changing their names to Anne or James or something.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey

When you consider that most of these celebrities are concentrated living in the same areas, so all the kids will grow up together, will it be so bad? I mean, sure if you're the one Zuma living among 10 Hunters, 8 Taylors, 6 Jennifers, and 23 Michaels, it would kind of stink. But if you're Zuma living among Apple, Moses, Jett, Suri, and Knox, is it really that strange? Kids define strange by what is not familiar to them -- not necessarily societal norms. My father's name is June. When I was growing up, I thought it was beyond strange that Beaver Cleaver's mom had a man's name ... not that my dad had a woman's name. So they may not see it as strange unless we tell them it is.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

How sad is it that Margaret Thatcher is suffering from dementia? I am probably one of the last people on the planet to find out about this, but I just read it yesterday. What a cruel fate for such a brilliant woman. I had wondered where she was, or if she had died and I just had forgotten about it. The article said she'd been afflicted with this dread for 7 years. What really broke my heart was that her daughter said that she constantly forgets that her husband died about 6 years ago, and she has to relive that again, again, and again.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3177713;
    How sad is it that Margaret Thatcher is suffering from dementia? I am probably one of the last people on the planet to find out about this, but I just read it yesterday. What a cruel fate for such a brilliant woman. I had wondered where she was, or if she had died and I just had forgotten about it. The article said she'd been afflicted with this dread for 7 years. What really broke my heart was that her daughter said that she constantly forgets that her husband died about 6 years ago, and she has to relive that again, again, and again.
    It is very sad. I think it's also somewhat ironic that three people - Margaret Thatcher, Ronald Reagan, and Pope John Paul will forever be linked together historically for coming together as they did to change the world in many ways. Of the three, two spent the later years of their lives suffering from such similar fates.

MRD

Prhoshay, you are not the last. I had no idea the Iron Lady was suffering from dementia. That is so sad. What a great and stong woman and so smart.

She is a great example of how well women can lead countries. Too bad America hasn't learned that lesson from England, Israel and India as well as numerous other counties that have had great women leaders.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread