+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4617Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

And Mercedes is not a new name. I know someone who is 64 and has that name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3173483;
    Actually, Mercedes is a very common Spanish name that predates the car by a long stretch. It is a name of religious significance, like a lot of Spanish names, that derives from the word for mercy (Our Lady of Mercy).
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3171975;
    That's what I first thought too. Zuma is a game not a name. At least, not to me.
    It's also a beach adjacent to Malibu in CA. They probably live there or something, but to saddle a poor kid with a name like that seems extremely selfish and shortsighted on their part, but nobody has ever nominated either one of them to MENSA.
    Susan

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3173483;
    Actually, Mercedes is a very common Spanish name that predates the car by a long stretch. It is a name of religious significance, like a lot of Spanish names, that derives from the word for mercy (Our Lady of Mercy).
    Also, there was a very famous (in her day, 50's/60's) actress named Mercedes McCambridge.
    Susan

Change of plan here.......

McMahon to sell home, but not to Trump - Yahoo! News

McMahon to sell home, but not to Trump

LOS ANGELES - Ed McMahon is on the move.

McMahon has agreed to a deal with a private buyer for his hilltop home, said Howard Bragman, the former "Tonight" show sidekick's spokesman.

Bragman declined to name the buyer or the selling price. But he said it isn't real estate mogul Donald Trump, who recently offered to buy McMahon's home and act as a landlord.

"For Mr. Trump, this acquisition was not business-related, but, as he has stated, was meant to help out an American icon," said Michael Cohen, special counsel to Trump. "If another buyer should emerge who will create the benefit Mr. Trump sought for Ed McMahon, then he is clearly pleased."

Bragman said McMahon and his wife, Pamela, will move out of the home when the sale is complete.

The couple's property is located in a hilltop gated community that is also home to Britney Spears.

McMahon has faced money woes for months, with creditors filing lawsuits against him for everything from unpaid prescription medicines to loans.

His home was facing foreclosure after he defaulted on a $4.8 million loan.

McMahon has said he was experiencing financial troubles because he was unable to work after falling and breaking his neck in March 2007. The 85-year-old has for years worked as a pitchman and recently resumed that role, appearing with comedian Jimmy Kimmel to advertise Pontiac vehicles.

While McMahon's foray into California's lagging real estate market may be near an end, his legal battles are not.

He sued Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and two doctors in July, accusing them of discharging him with a broken neck after his fall in 2007. He also alleged the hospital botched two neck surgeries.

The hospital responded in court filings on Wednesday by asking a Los Angeles Superior Court judge to throw out many of McMahon's claims.

Attorneys for Cedars-Sinai wrote that McMahon's lawsuit failed to prove allegations of fraud, battery, elder abuse and emotional distress. They also want to prevent McMahon from seeking punitive damages.

A hearing on the lawsuit is scheduled for Sept. 18.

Other lawsuits are seeking more than $750,000 from McMahon for unpaid loans and fees attorneys say McMahon agreed to pay to handle his daughter's divorce in New York.

___

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3171843;
    I'm sorry but I just can't stand these stupid, I mean "unusual," names that celebrities pick for their children. This one sounds like a beer or some other beverage. Kingston -I can live with. Zuma Nesta Rock- they should be slapped, hard.

For Gwen Stefani's Baby, Life's A Beach? - Music News, Gwen Stefani : People.com

For Gwen Stefani's Baby, Life's A Beach?

What's in a name? For Gwen Stefani's newborn, Zuma Nesta Rock plenty.

Take the unique first name: Computer game aficionados may remember Zuma, a popular 2004 video game from PopCap Games. Zuma required players to remove balls rolling around the computer screen by firing a colored ball at them before they filled up the screen.

A more likely name inspiration? Malibu's famous Zuma Beach, a favorite destination for parents Gwen Stefani, Gavin Rossdale and big brother Kingston. The beach, famous for its surfable waves, was the inspiration for Neil Young's album Zuma, making the locale a bona-fide musical landmark.

And then there's Nesta, Zuma's middle name. Gwen and Gavin, avid Bob Marley fans, probably took a cue from the late singer's middle name, which was also Nesta.

Marley's home base of Kingston, Jamaica, was an inspiration for big brother Kingston Rossdale's name, so it seems Marley themes are popular in the Stefani-Rossdale household.

Zuma's second middle name, Rock, might be a nod to Rock Steady, the third studio album from Stefani's band No Doubt. Rock Steady was primarily recorded in Jamaica and featured a reggae-heavy sound, rounding out the Bob Marley love for the musical clan.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

All well and good to name your child Zuma Nesta Rock when you and hubby have normal names like Gwen and Gavin? Dolts.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Elizabeth;3173644;
    Also, there was a very famous (in her day, 50's/60's) actress named Mercedes McCambridge.
    Don't I recall hearing that she did Regan's demon voice in The Exorcist?

And we also have Mercedes Ruehl and Mercedes McNabb.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

an empty nest, and not liking it one dang bit!

sorry, Zuma Nesta sounds like a prescription drug, parasite or a social disease.......

Maybe the same way we have an RIP topic, we need a "Celebaby" topic?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3173944;
    Maybe the same way we have an RIP topic, we need a "Celebaby" topic?
    Or a "What Not To Name Your Baby" thread.

+ Reply to Thread