+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4543Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3170757;
    This Ricky Martin situation has shades of Michael Jackson's children's births all over it.
    Not to mention Clay Aiken. If TPTB decide to make a third installment of the Daddy Daycare movies, those three would be perfect for the leads.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3170796;
    Not to mention Clay Aiken. If TPTB decide to make a third installment of the Daddy Daycare movies, those three would be perfect for the leads.
    Clay's scenario was at once both creepier, and yet also in a bizarre way more open than the others. Michael Jackson has never admitted to using a, ehem, "procedure" to summon those kids of his, right? But Clay has. I mean, as far as I know he's still not fessed up to his sexuality, and yet he goes out and persuades David Foster's 46 year old sister to let them stick a turkey baster full of his sperm into her. And lets the world know he did this. I mean... HE-LLO!

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3170612;
    another set of twins has been born.
    I just read this and am confused. "The children, delivered via gestational surrogacy, are healthy and already under Ricky's full-time care,"

Is he gay? Did I miss something? Could he not find an incredible woman to marry and have his children? Who would have twins with this man and then give them up for the rest of their lives? There's legal contracts written all over this.

What would you say if someone like Ricky Martin said, I want you to have my babies, but then remain anonymous and never want to see you again and you'll never see your babies, um MY babies ever again. But maybe I'll give you money. WTH?

I just don't understand this. These are babies. These are children. These are little spirits.

Dont' get me started about Michael Jackson or Clay Aiken.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I thought it was well known that Ricky Martin is gay. I'd bet he used an anonymous egg donor and the surrogate merely carried the babies. Happens all the time.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3171071;
    I thought it was well known that Ricky Martin is gay.
    I don't think I ever knew that either. I guess I just assumed he stayed out of the public eye so that's why he was never linked with anybody.
    CYA

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3171071;
    I thought it was well known that Ricky Martin is gay. I'd bet he used an anonymous egg donor and the surrogate merely carried the babies. Happens all the time.
    i thought he came out a while ago ... maybe it was just my gay-dar ringing in my ears.

and you are correct ... gestational surrogacy is when they use the egg of one woman, fertilize it, and implant it into the womb of another woman.
    Last edited by barefootdyke; 08-21-2008 at 06:44 AM.

Ricky Martin is gay? Where have I been? Oh well, congrats to him on the babies.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

FORT Fogey

Has Ricky Martin ever actually confirmed his sexuality? I thought that he was one who always eluded the questions and didn't really give an answer either way -- more of a "no one's business" sort of approach.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3171178;
    Has Ricky Martin ever actually confirmed his sexuality? I thought that he was one who always eluded the questions and didn't really give an answer either way -- more of a "no one's business" sort of approach.
    after doing some research, it appears that he hasn't personally, though those that worked with him have.

i tend to agree that it's no one's business, but like others that publicly skirted the issue for years (rosie o'donnell, nathan lane, melissa etheridge, ellen degeneres, etc), i think it's just a matter of time before he comes out also.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

A lot of gay guys I know vote, "Yes!"

Seems like the people who say "it's no one's business" usually are members of that club.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread