+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4954Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

www.kansascity.com | 08/04/2008 | Willie Aames of ‘Eight is Enough’ fame files for Chapter 7
    Willie Aames of ‘Eight is Enough’ fame files for Chapter 7

Willie Aames — former star of TV shows “Eight is Enough” and “Charles in Charge” — became caped crusader “Bibleman” while living in Olathe.

In the video series, Bibleman solves children’s problems by quoting Scripture.

But Aames may now be feeling more like Job.

After filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy in 1997, Aames is filing for Chapter 7 under his given name of Albert William Upton and his Olathe address. He lists liabilities of $1,160, 901 — including $4,500 to Nordstrom and $45,000 to the former owners of KC Brake — and assets of $375,915. Aames asked his attorney not to comment on the suit.

In January, Aames and his 26-year-old son were robbed at gunpoint while in Los Angeles to shoot a reality series.

CCL

Christina Applegate had the gene for breast cancer as well so I can see why she decided to have the masectomy. In the article that I read today she said she was going to have reconstruction done and when she was 90 she would have the cutest boobs in the nursing home. That's the spirit!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

About breast cancer: Christina Applegate...Double Mastectomy Following Breast Cancer Diagnosis
    There is a lot of breast and other cancers in my family. And unfortunately, removing the breasts doesn't negate your chances of getting it again.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I've read that in addition to a masectomy, removing the lymph nodes in that region is also often recommended.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

another set of twins has been born.

Ricky Martin Welcomes Twin Boys

Ricky Martin is a father to twin boys born via a surrogate, his rep confirms to PEOPLE.

"In recent weeks, Ricky Martin became a proud father by the birth of twin sons," his rep tells PEOPLE.

"The children, delivered via gestational surrogacy, are healthy and already under Ricky's full-time care," the rep said in a statement. "Ricky is elated to begin this new chapter in his life as a parent and will be spending the remainder of the year out of the public spotlight in order to spend time with his children."

The boys' names and the location of their birth have not been released.

The "Livin' La Vida Loca" singer, 36, is a longtime supporter of children's causes around the globe through his Ricky Martin Foundation.

Ricky Martin Welcomes Twin Boys - Babies, Ricky Martin : People.com

I just saw that on the news. Did he not have a girlfriend/wife? I don't see any mention of a partner in the mix.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3170476;
    About breast cancer: Christina Applegate...Double Mastectomy Following Breast Cancer Diagnosis
    There is a lot of breast and other cancers in my family. And unfortunately, removing the breasts doesn't negate your chances of getting it again.
    I don't think she was actually diagnosed with breast cancer. She just tested positive for breast cancer gene. Having that gene does NOT mean that you WILL get cancer and removing your breasts will not make you cancer free.

Is this a case of another actor self curing a life threatening disease?

She was diagnosed with breast cancer--in one breast--and she chose to have the double mastectomy as a preventative measure since she tested positive for the gene for breast and ovarian cancer. Her mother also battled breast cancer.

Is this a case of another actor self curing a life threatening disease?
    I'm not sure I understand the "is this a case of another actor self curing a life threatening disease?" She did what she felt was best for her and is bringing a public awareness to the problem. I'm sure it was not a decision she made lightly, and it is a deeply personal decision. Not too many of us opt for self-mutilation for self-curing.

Somehow it sounds disturbing that Ricky Martin is breeding.

And I just saw a segment on ET, where I wondered WTH is she? Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), I don't remember her name (she's a supposed celebrity in her 40's/50's/60's but how can you tell, with all the plastic surgery going on?). Another clue was zero mention of her professional credentials.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

This Ricky Martin situation has shades of Michael Jackson's children's births all over it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread