+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4543Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

FORT Fogey

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3169674;
    Christina Applegate is now cancer free. I've always liked her and am very happy for her.

Christina Applegate calls double mastectomy a 'tough' choice - Yahoo! Canada News
    Such a tough call to make. I really applaud her for doing it. Best wishes to her for a speedy and healthy recovery.

That IS a tough call. I really hope for her sake it ends up being worth it in the end. I mean, I hope she continues to have a long happy and healthy life
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3169782;
    That IS a tough call. I really hope for her sake it ends up being worth it in the end. I mean, I hope she continues to have a long happy and healthy life
    i'm not surprised she did that. i guess her mother had it too, so the odds were good that if she didn't have the double mastectomy, it would come back.

my best friend lost her mother at 52 to breast cancer, so she started getting checked when she was 30. she ended up diagnosed at 34. she had it removed, but the cancer came back 7 years later. she decided to do the double mastectomy to get it completely taken care of once and for all.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3169787;
    my best friend lost her mother at 52 to breast cancer, so she started getting checked when she was 30. she ended up diagnosed at 34. she had it removed, but the cancer came back 7 years later. she decided to do the double mastectomy to get it completely taken care of once and for all.
    Is your friend OK now? I hope so!

I hope Christina Applegate has a successful recovery. She made a very tough and brave decision.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3169790;
    Is your friend OK now? I hope so!
    yeah, there's no trace of it now. thanks.

unfortunately with cancer, ther'es always the chance that it could appear somewhere else, but getting both breasts completely removed is the best way to keep it from happening in that area, at least.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

When my mother died from ovarian cancer, the doc told my sister and I (or maybe she just told me), that having our ovaries removed would not guarantee us not getting ovarian cancer. Don't know if the same applies to breast cancer. I've since had to have a hysterectomy where they took them, but I felt like I was walking around with two time bombs waiting to go off.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm so behind on the news!

Critical: Meowza! I am so impressed with what Depp, Law and Farrell did for little Matilda. And I'm surprised that neither Heath nor Michelle had their Will changed as soon as possible to include Matilda in their will after she was born. Wouldn't their lawyers be on that one?! One doesn't want to be negative, but you never know these days what can happen.

Rattus: from me for a very long and happy life for Ellen and Portia! I'm so happy for them!

Rattus: Wow. That is one tough decision for Christina. I'm so happy for her that she is now cancer free. I can't imagine knowing she was predisposed to it and have to make the decision so young in life. I hope she gets a really good plastic surgeon to "replace" what they had to remove if that is what Christina wants. My cousin had a cancerous lumpectomy done when she was just 30-ish and a plastic surgeon took over in the operating room and combined a tummy tuck with a mini-reconstruction. No-one would ever know for looking. And it really helped her self-esteem.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't think it's so much being negtive, as it is being realistic.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3169807;
    yeah, there's no trace of it now. thanks.

unfortunately with cancer, ther'es always the chance that it could appear somewhere else, but getting both breasts completely removed is the best way to keep it from happening in that area, at least.
    I too, hope the best for Christina, but I had a roommate and good friend whose mother, sisters, etc. all suffered from breast cancer. My friend eventually got it too, and even though she got a double mastectomy like Christina, it came back as ovarian cancer and finally killed her. They used all kinds of treatment on her, but to no avail. It was terribly sad, and we all miss her.
    Susan

Has anyone heard about Willie Aames from Eight is Enough and Charles in Charge is bankrupt?? Supposedly he drank and smoked all his money away before he found Jesus.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread