+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5060Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

And Apple is still a stupid name.

Mr. Blackwell was reported to be awake yesterday. He's reported to be battling some kind of infection.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Some more McConaughey loony toon news:

Matthew McConaughey says the birth of his son will help bring a little joy to others in the world someday. The actor kept the placenta from the July birth of his son and plans to plant it in an orchard, he tells CNN's "House Call with Dr. Sanjay Gupta" in interview scheduled to air in two parts Aug. 9 and Aug 16.

McConaughey says he hopes it will fertilize the land, a ritual long followed in several cultures.
    Okay then...

Yahoo link
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

I wonder if he will grow his pot there too.

^LOL.

I've known many people over the years who buried the placentas and planted trees or gardens over them; it's not a new tradition even here in the U.S. It's also a very spiritual and symbolic thing to do. Probably more well-known here is people burying the ashes (or urns) and planting a tree or rosebush over them.

But I still never got the widespread appeal of MM. Maybe he started a family to have something in the news other than his nekkid-bongo playing incident.

McConaughey would be better off freezing the placenta and saving it in case his son needs it for a severe medical problem in the future. Isn't that more common than fertilizing a tree?
    ---------
    Another tidbit of news: Bachelor Andy Baldwin is being considered by Jeremy Piven to play himself on an episode or two of Entourage. Seems they have become great friends. Andy says that if the Navy approves, it would be great to do the appearances. Whoopee.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

New forum setup makes sense. This topic went beyond "Movies" a long time ago.

Note to moderators: there's a similar topic in the Music forum which is equally as expansive. It's called "Miscellaneous Music News", and in theory could still be about actual industry news, but up until now has been serving as a music industry "gossip" equivalent to THIS topic.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

What ever happened to Jen, um Jen Scheft? I'm happy to see that Andrew is finally happy. He deserves to be.

Bachelor Andrew Firestone Marries Ivana
    andrew-wedding-blog.jpg

Bachelor Andrew Firestone wed Ivana Bozilovic at St. Mark's in the Valley Episcopal Church in Los Olivos, California, Saturday afternoon.

“Standing at the front of the church and watching Ivana walk down the aisle, I just kept thinking I must be the luckiest man alive to spend the rest of my life with this woman," Firestone, 32, tells Usmagazine.com exclusively.

"We're so happy right now we can hardly stand it!" the couple tell Us. "It is so special to be able to share this momentous day with our family and friends.

"It couldn't have been more perfect," the couple added.

After kissing the bride, Firestone's cousin and niece led the processional in a rendition of "Livin' on a Prayer" by Jon Bon Jovi.

"it was a great moment," a guest tells Us.

"She makes me a better person," Firestone told Us in June of his wife, a model. "Never before have I been so gushy."

Firestone, the tire heir who co-owns the Curtis Winery, proposed to Bozilovic in 2007 alone on the beach before a party he'd planned for her 30th birthday. He'd even helped design a 2.5-carat diamond ring for the occasion.

"Just being able to be there with all our friends and family," he says, "was the most special moment of my whole life."

Firestone was so certain of relationship success with Bozilovic that he reserved the wedding venue before he'd even popped the question to his girlfriend of two years!

"I was hoping she'd say yes," he told Us. "I was banking on it!"

And even though he's found love again, Firestone admits he was "crushed" after his engagement to Jen Schefft unraveled in 2003.

"I was going above and beyond to make it work," he told Us.

"Everybody assumed it was my fault – that wasn't the case at all.

"Sometimes you get hurt before you actually make it right," he added.

Usmagazine.com | EXCLUSIVE: Bachelor Andrew Firestone Marries Ivana
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Andrew Firestone counts as a celeb now?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Nah, just a slow news day.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3162020;
    ^LOL.

I've known many people over the years who buried the placentas and planted trees or gardens over them; it's not a new tradition even here in the U.S. It's also a very spiritual and symbolic thing to do. Probably more well-known here is people burying the ashes (or urns) and planting a tree or rosebush over them.

But I still never got the widespread appeal of MM. Maybe he started a family to have something in the news other than his nekkid-bongo playing incident.
    I've also known people that used the placenta to fertilize a tree they planted to comemmerate the birth of the child, so I don't think that's so odd. But MM is odd enough without that. Still hot-nutty as a Christmas fruitcake, but hot. I just rewatched U-571 and he was good in that movie.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread