+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4537Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

misskitty, she was married to John Stamos and they didn't have any children.

The babies will be gorgeous, I'm sure!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

what's with all the celebrities having twins these days?? are they taking hormones or something?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Didn't Jolie and Pitt admit to in vitro/fertility treatment? The others are probably doing the same thing.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

It's also an age thing. Once you get in your mid to late 30s there's a greater proclivity towards multiple births.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I'm happy for them-they seem to be really grounded people.

Christina Applegate has been diagnosed with breast cancer.

Her rep released the following statement late Saturday:

"Christina Applegate was diagnosed with an early form of breast cancer. Benefiting from early detection through a doctor ordered MRI, the cancer is not life threatening. Christina is following the recommended treatment of her doctors and will have a full recovery. No further statement will be issued at this time."

It's been a rough few weeks for the actress.
    Her on again-off again boyfriend died of a drug overdose last month.

Christina is scheduled to appear on the Stand Up to Cancer benefit scheduled to air simultaneously on CBS, NBC and ABC September the 8th.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Oh, that's too bad for Christina. I've always liked her, she was so funny in Married With Children. I hope she makes a speedy and fully recovery.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

my long time friend from high school was diagnosed when she was 34. she had been getting checked for a while already because she lost her mom at 52 to undetected breast cancer so it was good they caught it early. it came back 8 or so years later so she decided to have a total mastectomy(sp?). the 30's is just way too young to deal with something like that.

Morgan Freeman has been in a serious car accident. Best wishes to a speedy recovery... he's one of my faves!

JACKSON, Miss. - Oscar-winning actor Morgan Freeman was in a hospital in Memphis, Tenn., on Monday after being injured in a car accident in Mississippi.

Regional Medical Center spokeswoman Kathy Stringer said Freeman, 71, is in serious condition. The hospital is about 90 miles north of the accident scene in rural Tallahatchie County in the Mississippi Delta.

Mississippi Highway Patrol spokesman Sgt. Ben Williams confirmed Freeman was in a wreck shortly before midnight Sunday, but said he was still gathering information and had few details Monday.

Clay McFerrin, editor of Sun Sentinel in Charleston, said he arrived at the accident scene on Mississippi Highway 32 soon after it happened about 4 miles west of Charleston, not far from where Freeman owns a home with his wife.

McFerrin said it appeared that Freeman's car was airborne went it left the highway and landed in a ditch.

"They had to use the jaws of life to extract him from the vehicle," McFerrin said. "He was lucid, conscious. He was talking, joking with some of the rescue workers at one point."

McFerrin said bystanders converged on the scene trying to get a glimpse of the actor.

When one person tried to snap a photo with a cell phone camera, Freeman joked, "no freebies, no freebies," McFerrin said.

Freeman won an Oscar for his role in "Million Dollar Baby." His screen credits also include "The Shawshank Redemption" and "Driving Miss Daisy."

The hospital where Freeman is being treated is commonly known as The Med, and is an acute-care teaching facility that serves patients within 150 miles of Memphis.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

One of my faves too! I hope he's okay!

+ Reply to Thread