+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5278Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;3141597;
    I must say that Sophia's lines made The Golden Girls, and I hope the Estelle Getty rests in peace
    I agree, she's an inspiration to all of those actors who may want to start their careers later in their lives. She was hilarious.

My grandmother suffered from dementia as well and it's heartbreaking. They spoke with her Golden Girl's costars who stated that she would speak to them on the phone but didn't really know who they were. That's such a hard thing for the people who care about you to deal with at times.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3141581;
    ...she would use the old sink and soapy cloth method and hit all of the most relevent spots when she was unable to take a shower. Janet's mom refered to those as "whore baths", I'm guessing because whores may need to bathe quickly and frequently this way.
    yeah, it's typically referring to the quick wash up they do in gas station restrooms between 'customers'. if you've ever seen the movie "monster" with Charlize Theron, then you'll remember the scene where she's washing up in the bathroom. that's a 'whore bath'.

MRD

I know people that use those rock crystals too and some of them stink and some don't.

I think that some people have more of a problem than others. Me, I could clear a room quickly if I don't use deoderant, but my husband who works outdoors and sweats a lot, has no need of it, he just doesn't have BO. (I hate him! )

But from what McConaghy has said he does apparantly stink if his girlfriend makes him shower before hugging her and supposedly some of his co-stars on some of his movies have said the same thing.

So if he's so opposed to "unnatural" things, think he uses just baking soda and water when he brushes his teeth 20 times a day? Or is he using regular chemical laden toothpaste like the rest of us??

I can't imagine how nasty it would be to take a whore bath. I have to have a real shower sometimes 2 times a day or I just feel gross.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

A little OT here, but I just wanted to add in my own 2 cents about the deoderant thing. My mother never wears deoderant. Hasn't in many years. And she never smells bad or stinky. As a previous poster said: It's not sweat that makes us stink.. it's bacteria that grows in it. Some people are just prone to having more of that than others for many reasons including Diet, hormones and just plain genetics. Most of my life I have not been a stinky person. Most people used to tell me I smelled downright sexy when I got out of the gym! However, both times I got pregnant I started having the stinky pitts of a construction worker! Nowadays I only smell if I wear man made fibers, or havent showered in dayyys while working hard in the heat. But normal day to day stuff.. sure I get sweaty, but not full on rank.

MRD: Maybe he uses Tom's of Main like I do? Though, I admit I need to brush more often
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Re: The Dark Knight

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3140508;
    They just stated on TMZ that Christian Bale's parents had a very bitter divorce and that she made him choose which parent he would live with. He picked his dad who is or was his manager. It looks as if there was an argument about money????? that his Mom wants her due.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Yeah, i saw that on their 6pm show today.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Heather Mills' Rep Goes Out With a Bang

Ironically, what Heather Mills could really use right about now is some positive PR.

The longtime mouthpiece of Paul McCartney's ex has announced a spectacular parting of ways with her headline-grabbing client, burning just about every bridge in the process.

"After working for Heather Mills for the past four years, I have decided to cease representing her," publicist Michele Elyzabeth said in a statement to E! News. "Since her divorce has become final, in my opinion, Heather has become an impossible person."

Elyzabeth, who through the end of last year maintained an unintentionally funny blog in which she posted videos of herself, her hair dresser and her dog defending allegations against Mills, pointed to the exact moment she knew she had to quit: When she had the audacity to remind Mills that the former model was not, in fact, a deity.

"Yesterday, we engaged in a heated argument during which she called me 'stupid.' I reminded her that she was not 'God,' and she answered, 'I will never ever talk to you again.'

"I have been very patient in my dealings with Heather. However, I cannot take any more. I have given her substantial unpaid time and attention. I am owed money. I refuse to be subjected to her outbursts," Elyzabeth said, before delivering the final blow to possibly the most hated woman in the U.K.

"On reflection and given the way I have been treated, I now have sympathy with much of what the British press has reported about her."

Mills, who reportedly doused McCartney's divorce lawyer with a jug of water when the ruling wasn't quite to her liking, and who last year went on a particularly teary and ill-advised tirade against her treatment by the British press on several TV programs, has, unsurprisingly, not yet commented on her team's restructuring.

She may, however, be accepting résumés.

Heather Mills' Rep Goes Out With a Bang - E! Online
    for some reason, this amuses me to no end.

Barefoot, isn't that like the pot calling the kettle black? And if she dissed her own client, isn't that giving the next potential client a view into the future? I wouldn't go with someone that did that to their own client (ex or not)!

Dustin Diamond, that publicity whore of a man, is now writing a tell all book about the behind the scenes adventures of the Saved by the bell crew. Knowing what a turd he is having watched him on two seasons of celebrity Fit Club, I can imagine this book will be as crass as its "author".

I'm so happy for these two. I think they'll make great parents and having twin girls will be fabulous! Does anyone know where Rebecca's boys are living? Didn't she has two sons with her first husband? Did she get custody?

Rebecca Romijn's Costars Celebrate Her Baby News
    romijn_oconnell180.jpg

When it came to telling her TV colleagues that she and husband Jerry O'Connell would be having twins, Ugly Betty's Rebecca Romijn handled the announcement quietly before the news went public.

Not that their reactions were subdued. "[We're] so excited," said Betty star America Ferrera at Monday's New York City premiere of her movie Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2.

"I'm so happy for them," gushed Ferrera, 24. "They're going to be the best parents. I don't think there could be a more wonderful father to girls."

As for her own expectations of the arrivals, who are due this winter, Ferrera added, "I just am waiting to see how tall those girls are going to be. I think they're going to be born my height."

Vanessa Williams has even started shopping. "I've already gotten them organic cotton baby clothes from Green Babies to start them off right," Williams, 45, told PEOPLE. "Rebecca is glowing, and Jerry will make a really fun daddy."

"She was more excited than you can imagine. Jerry's a great guy. And they laugh so much, and they have so much fun together," added Becki Newton, who also noted that the stork seems to be an honorary cast member on the show.

Romijn's 'Mama-Bear Thing'
    Costar Ana Ortiz says Romijn is "blissfully happy" to be expecting two babies. "She's such a mom already. She has that Mama-Bear thing, always watching out for us, and she's a hoot," says Ortiz. And the dad? "Jerry is going to spoil them completely rotten."

"They're not going to be the uptight kind of parents, 'You can't do this, you can't do that,' " ventured 14-year-old Mark Indelicato, who plays Justin Suarez on the show. "They're going to be awesome parents. They love to have fun. But they still have boundaries. And they live in the coolest place ever in L.A."

And, as the parents-to-be should also note: "I'm a cheap babysitter," says Indelicato. "I only charge five bucks an hour."
    Rebecca Romijn's Costars Celebrate Her Baby News - Babies, Ugly Betty, America Ferrera, Jerry O'Connell, Rebecca Romijn : People.com
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread