+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4830Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

What is with celebrities coming on shows and talking about their bathing habits? Janet Jackson told Tyra she still gives herself a "whore" bath once a week.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Yeah, the personal hygiene of celebrities is something we need to know about.

Matthew McConaghy also said he is OCD about brushing his teeth. He does it several times a day for 10 minutes each.

What I want to know is that if he doesn't use deoderant, then how can you tell he has minty fresh breath, because you can't possibly get close enough to him to tell if he has BO so bad. Apparantly the BO thing has come up on some of his movie sets with his co-stars too. If I was a big enough star, I'd have to have it in my contract that to work with him, he has to buy some Right Guard and use it!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

To show how stupid he is, McConaughey's "no deodorant" standpoint is based on ignorance too.

He's allegedly said that "he loves his natural smell".

Which, of course, makes him an idiot. Technically I suppose he's correct that bacteria are "natural" but he's fooling himself into thinking its his body's natural smell. The reason underarms stink is because bacteria quickly migrate to the moist area under your arms (which is another reason people with ongoing problems are supposed to shave the hair under there--the area dries quicker without hair).

If he doesn't like deodorants (because many of them smell almost as bad as the bacteria), and he doesn't like antiperspirants (that dry crackly feeling kind of sucks and a lot of people get rashes), this is one of the rare areas where homeopathic "cures" aren't quackery. Simple solution: Rock Salt. The science is really basic--it inhibits the growth of the bacteria, and along with frequent bathing, and trimming/removing the ol' underarm hair, insures you don't stink. Look it up, Mr. Natural Idiot McConaughey!
    Last edited by Krom; 07-22-2008 at 09:16 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Didn't Brad Pitt go through a grungy phase while he was dating Gwyneth? I seem to remember reading about his lack of hygiene as well. I'm all for cutting down on the amount of chemicals we put on our body but for heavens sake - a little soap and water isn't going to hurt .

I was watching Oceans 11 again on HBO the other day and I was struck by how manly Julia Roberts looked in the role. I never noticed it before. At times she's very pretty and other times she's just odd-looking. I don't dislike her but I can't say that I exactly like her either. I like a lot of the movies she's in but would be just as fine if another actress were in the part.

LG.

we had a thread at one point in which we were recasting other actresses into Julia Roberts' movie roles.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Re: The Dark Knight

The word is that it's verbal assault, not physical.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3140428;
    I was watching Oceans 11 again on HBO the other day and I was struck by how manly Julia Roberts looked in the role. I never noticed it before. At times she's very pretty and other times she's just odd-looking. I don't dislike her but I can't say that I exactly like her either. I like a lot of the movies she's in but would be just as fine if another actress were in the part.
    I have to agree - I think the last time I thought Julia was attractive was in Pretty Woman. She just gets less attractive (to put in nicely) each year.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3140598;
    I have to agree - I think the last time I thought Julia was attractive was in Pretty Woman. She just gets less attractive (to put in nicely) each year.
    Disclaimer: I don't generally like to rag on people's looks .

However, when Pretty Women came out (I am one of those who thought it was really cheesy and sad), I was a little taken aback by all the "oh, how beautiful she is" commentary, so I asked around. As it turns out, in my neck of the woods, women thought she was gorgeous, men not so much. I always tended to go with the men on this one.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: The Dark Knight

Don'tcha love how stories leave that part out??
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread