+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4746Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

FORT Fogey

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3131345;
    I haven't seen the photos, but my take on all this is: The child is 15-16? She has parents. It's the parents jobs to try to protect them, guide them, etc. Every 15-16 year old I know, thinks they are grown up, thinks they know everything, thinks they can make a judgement about something. The law recognizes a person becoming an adult at 18. So my reasoning for this is that at 15-16 you still don't have the maturity/judgement to be allowed to make all of your own decisions and THAT'S WHY YOU HAVE PARENTS.

There have been other cases of child stars doing things at this age that once they got older looked back and said: "what was I thinking?". So that's why she still needs parents to help her.

Society makes it so easy for teenagers to think they are all grown up at that age and they so desperately want to prove they are grown up, but end up making mistakes that just prove they aren't quite grown yet.

Ok, off my soapbox now on Miley Cyrus.

I totally agree with you on the parent issue. With a scenario like this, I think there's another aspect that plays in to the whole thing -- the parents benefit financially from her stardom. So are they making decisions based on what is best for her as their child, or for all of them financially? In the world of Hollywood, I think it can often times be both.

There's a big part of me that thinks that all the bru-ha-ha with Miley Cyrus and various pictures has been very intentional. She's seen by the world now as a child star. She can only ride that wave for so far before she loses her cuteness, kids discover a new hot star on Disney, and she's done. To go beyond Hannah Montanna, she's going to have to be seen as something more -- namely a mature teenager or young adult. When these pictures come out, intentional or not, they put a different image of her in the minds of casting directors. So I wonder how much she's really falling victim to, and how much is a deliberate effort to propel her to that next step.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

OK, so how many of us weren't "sneaking and doing" things we shouldn't have been at that age? We were "grown" (we thought) and feeling/testing out our independence. Unfortunately, this is a different age and time when taking STUPID pictures can have long-lasting consequences with some very twisted people. We only know these things now because we are parents, and we can "see around corners".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3131550;
    So I wonder how much she's really falling victim to, and how much is a deliberate effort to propel her to that next step.
    Kind of the equivalent of Drew Barrymore doing Playboy when she was 18 or 19. Except Miley is still underage so she can't do that (although Hefner seems like he's waiting until she turns legal to make her an offer!).

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3131865;
    Kind of the equivalent of Drew Barrymore doing Playboy when she was 18 or 19. Except Miley is still underage so she can't do that (although Hefner seems like he's waiting until she turns legal to make her an offer!).
    He's counting the days...

Hmm, what's the word? Oh yeah: Ick!

Playboy founder Hugh Hefner tells Extra he'd like Miley Cyrus to pose in his magazine, once the Disney star is of legal age.

Said Hef: "Sure, she’d be welcomed in the magazine. Very pretty lady. And I think to make such a big to-do over something as innocent as those [Vanity Fair] photos, I think is a reflection on how schizophrenic America is about sexuality."

A scantily clad Cyrus, 15, posed for the current issue of VF, touching off swirls of controversy. — J.R. Whalen
    Hugh Hefner Wants Miley Cyrus to Pose for Playboy - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

The pics are mild, thankfully. The thing is, she's not the only teen of her age doing exactly this. Hell, even worse perhaps.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3131865;
    Exactly! Or Linday Lohan and Britney Spears clubbing, getting addicted to various substances, or in Britney's case jumping into quick marriages and having children as a way of saying "Look everyone! I'm grown up now!" If I've got to make a choice between the two routes, I think I'd rather see Miley go the "racy photo" route.

These are cell phone pictures that we're talking about here... not exactly something that is within her parents' control and doesn't exactly equate to poor decision-making, nor financial profit-making on her parents' parts.

The girl still has an allowance, for goodness' sake. I'd say her parents are doing a pretty bang-up job, all things considering.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think it is poor decision making on Miley's part. Questionable pics can come back to haunt you. It's just not smart. A little photoshopping is all it takes. SHE is responsible for pics she takes/has taken and sends to her little boyfriends.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The latest in the fascinating world of Lohan.

--Lindsay continues to have a lesbian lover
    --Lindsay still can't reliably keep her clothes on--this time a dress blows over her head.

Oh, and there's the little matter of Lindsay having an alleged "Surprise" illegitimate half-sibling, who wants desperately to meet her, but doesn't want anything to do with Pappy Michael.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

You know, this "supposed" little half sister of Lindsay is a little weird to me. And some of the opinion out there is that she "needs" to meet her and have a relationship with her. I just find that creepy. If your dad goes out and has an affair and has another child, why on earth do you need to have a relationship with them? And as for the mother of this said child, why are you airing your child on national tv? Just for an extra dollar or two? Doesn't that make you a prostitute or something?

+ Reply to Thread