+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 1098 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546861365361036 ... LastLast
Like Tree4589Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

And then, on the Smith murder and/or extreme negligence theory (I think the negligence is much more likely, with everything else afterwards as a scramble to cover it up) there's this: http://www.nypost.com/seven/10152006...ix/pagesix.htm
    October 15, 2006 -- THE mother of Anna Nicole Smith believes her tragic grandson Daniel Smith, who died of a lethal cocktail of drugs last month, may have been murdered - and she's hinting the culprit may have been in the hospital room when he died.

Virgie Arthur told Nancy Grace on CNN Headline News the other day she's also concerned that her estranged daughter's brand new hubby, lawyer Howard K. Stern, is now in line to inherit all of Anna Nicole's millions if anything ever happens to her. "If Howard Stern marries her and she ends up dead, then who does the money go [to]? Danny's not there," Arthur said.

Daniel, 20, collapsed and died Sept. 10 while visiting his mom in a Nassau, Bahamas, hospital - three days after the busty beauty gave birth to a baby daughter, Dannielynn. Officials say Daniel was stricken by a heart attack brought on by a deadly mixture of methadone and the antidepressants Zoloft and Lexapro, and concluded "there was no criminality involved."

But Arthur, a former cop, said, "Somebody had to give it to him. He had to get it from somewhere."

When Grace noted that if it wasn't a suicide, that would leave only Anna Nicole and Stern, who were in the room at the time of Danny's death, Virgil replied: "That's true. There was only three people in that room. Danny was one of them . . . I just know Danny didn't kill hisself. He did not overdose hisself . . . Danny wouldn't take drugs to begin with. I don't believe that for a minute. You could not convince me of that."

Eric Redding, co-author with his wife D'eva of the book "Great Big Beautiful Doll: The Anna Nicole Smith Story," told Page Six he doesn't know if Arthur's claim is true. But he doesn't believe Stern's insistence that he is the biological father of Dannielynn. "No way . . . Larry Birkhead, the photographer, is the biological dad," Redding told us.

"One big sticking point here is that Stern doesn't want to come back to the U.S. and do the paternity tests, and the reason being, he knows he's not the dad. He's obviously convinced Anna that his strategy of getting married, staying in the Bahamas, taking on Bahamian citizenship, and avoiding the paternity tests are the way to go." Neither Stern nor Smith could be reached for comment.
    Also:: http://www.etonline.com/celebrities/...307/index.html
    Virgie Arthur tells ET's Kevin Frazier about her last, frustrating phone call with her secluded daughter.
    The once attention-seeking ANNA NICOLE SMITH remains silent and out of the public eye in the wake of her son DANIEL's death and the media maelstrom surrounding the birth of her daughter and the true identity of the baby's father.

Is it her lawyer and newly committed partner, HOWARD K. STERN, whom she united with yesterday in a Bahamas commitment ceremony and who made the bombshell paternity announcement on "LARRY KING Live" this week? Or is it photojournalist and former flame LARRY BIRKHEAD?

ET's KEVIN FRAZIER traveled to Houston to get the firsthand word from Anna Nicole's mother, VIRGIE ARTHUR, who weighs in on who she thinks is the real daddy:

"I don't think [Howard is the father], no," she says. "I mean, if he thinks it's his baby, what's the problem? Why doesn't he just do the test and show everyone?"

Virgie says she is leaning towards Larry Birkhead's claim that he is the baby girl's real father. "I don't know, I kind of believe him; I would like to," she says. "I would like for him to do the paternity test to see. I would like to see whose baby it is."

Virgie adds that she is as much in the dark as to Anna Nicole's condition as anyone else, and, like much of America, just wants to know what is going on. She tells Kevin that she has spoken to her daughter only once since Daniel's tragic, sudden death on September 10th from a lethal mixture of prescription drugs.

"She was so drugged up, I imagine [because of having to deal with] Danny's death," claims Virgie. "You know, she was so medicated, I think, I could not understand a word, other than, 'Danny's dead.' And she was crying, and trying to talk and mumbling -- you couldn't understand hardly anything she said. And as soon as she said that, the phone went click, so I don't know if she hung it up, or if somebody else hung it up for her. I don't know."

The Texas native claims to have raised Daniel until he was about six while Anna Nicole searched for work, and says she does not know why she was cut out of the boy's life when the former Playboy Playmate and Guess? model found success in Los Angeles.

"She is the one making the money, and the people surrounding her are gaining from it, so they don't want any of the family around," she explains. "I don't know why they don't want the family around. We have never asked for anything. She has never given us anything, you know? The immediate family has never been on TV and asked for anything."

What Virgie is ultimately asking for is a reconciliation and the opportunity to go to Daniel's funeral, to which she has not been invited.

"I haven't been asked, and I have pleaded on TV, 'Please, [Anna Nicole], let us become a family,'" says Virgie. "[Daniel] has other family members who loved him besides me; he has a whole bunch of family that is his family as well as hers, so why does she want people that are not blood kin? Why does she want strangers always around? Why doesn't she have family around her?"
    I don't know much about Anna's mom Virgie Arthur, or what Anna's childhood was like, so its hard to judge how strongly mom is in her corner. But she's at least saying the right things, and Stern, the whole nonsense with going to the Bahamas (and apparently staying there--Stern has stated they ain't leaving...), the sudden marriage right after Anna's child's death, Anna's seclusion from the press other than orchestrated photo ops, heck, even the way they called in their own investigator to spin control the presence drugs in Daniel's system before the authorities were ready to comment... it all seems to stink to high heaven.
    Last edited by Krom; 10-20-2006 at 11:44 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Krom, I saw an interview with Anna's estranged mother right after Daniel's death and she really came off, to me at least, as an attention seeker. First of all, that interview brought nothing to the table, as she hasn't seen or spoken to her child and grandchild in 15 years. Apparently, the fight was over Anna not cutting Daniel's hair Then she mentions in the interview that she had not called her daughter after the death because Anna doesn't want to talk to her. A good mother would call her child in these times no matter what the fight was about. If Anna hangs up, then fine, but at least you called and showed you care instead of crying over a grandson you haven't even tried to contact in 15 years.

Although I didn't see the interview in person, I have gotten the impression she's exactly that. I don't consider her a completely reliable source.

That said, even if she was the world's worst mother to Anna (thus explaining why Anna is so messed up), that doesn't mean that she isn't simply stating some things which make a certain amount of sense, but that most other people have hesitated to say before more proof arrives. Virgie Arthur may be seeking attention and be as insincere as a three dollar bill, but that doesn't automatically invalide all of what she's saying.

Smith IS obviously messed up under Stern's "care". The relocating/staying in the Bahamas thing IS suspicious. The marriage right after the kids' death, and right in the middle of the potential custody battle, IS just plain creepy. The fact that Stern and Anna Nicole have had long reported problems with the very same drugs which killed the kid is... pretty telling. At the very least it lays groundwork for the concept of Stern or Anna Nicole providing drugs (or just negligently leaving them around where Daniel could get them), even if murder is a hell of a stretch. Bringing in your own investigator might seem to indicate to some that Anna Nicole and Stern wanted to get to the bottom of things, but in retrospect it could just be seen as spin control, since the police would have found the drugs in the kid's blood anyway. And for pity's sake, what kind of toxicology report takes six weeks? That kind of delay really smells of a prolonged investigation.

Anna's estranged mom may just be taking advantage of this, but then again who in Anna Nicole's circle isn't? Its a Smith tradition I guess, since she only got her money in the first place by marrying a old man and waiting him out.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Apperantly, Anna is refusing a paternity test.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061020/...JlYmhvBHNlYwM-

Another situation getting messy is Sara Evans' divorce and the claims she makes.
    http://www.statesmanjournal.com/apps...D=200661018017
    She says she has proof that her soon to be ex cheated with the nanny and the latter and family vehemently are denying it. They were close friends and all
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2110135;
    This article, from several weeks ago, is highly speculative, but its got SOME facts in it:
    http://www.queerplanet.us/moxie/ente...0306-001.shtml
    Very interesting article, Krom. Like I said, i had no clue about Howard Stern. I never paid any attention to the guy, but I certainly don't believe his claims that he's the father.

I completely disregard everything that Virgie Arthur has to say. She very well may be right about something happening between the three people in the room, but that's only because it's a safe assumption. Everything else is so unreliable due to the very reasons DesertRose mentioned: she hasn't seen or heard from AN or Daniel in 15 years. For her to disbelieve that Daniel would ever take drugs because that's just not like him? How would she know? She last knew him as a 5 year old.

There was another article this morning that I'll go searching for this morning (pagesix, possibly) that talked about the fact that AN was screaming "I'm sorry, I'm sorry" throughout the funeral ceremony.

Whatever the reason for his death... it's nothing more than a horrible, horrible accident and I feel absolute empathy for those involved for the end result. I may feel that one of those two should feel some serious guilt for what happened, but I don't begrudge them their current pain.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2110414;
    Whatever the reason for his death... it's nothing more than a horrible, horrible accident and I feel absolute empathy for those involved for the end result. I may feel that one of those two should feel some serious guilt for what happened, but I don't begrudge them their current pain.
    As I said, I think the woman's claim of murder is pretty out there. But lets say Howard K. Stern was buying drugs for himself and Anna like it Pez candy and gave some to Daniel because he complained of being in pain. Daniel self-doses, messes up the dosage, and dies. Does that really count as an accident?

Or what if Stern himself was high at the time and thus messed up the dosage himself?

Heck, even if Daniel wasn't given the drugs and simply stole from Anna's supply, there's some heavy duty negligence going on.

And I refuse to count Anna Nicole and Howard K. Stern as a "unit" in whatever evaluation is made, of either guilt OR pain. Stern has no real reason to be attached to Anna's son, so I am betting Anna's share of the pain is probably a lot larger. As for guilt, well that really depends on who's deciding what in that household, and while Anna's recent actions and demeanor make it seem like its Stern, I suppose that's not proof.

Actually the Heather Mills claims again Paul McCartney are probably big news now too.

Mills has claimed all kinds of stuff in the past about a childhood filled with kidnappings, molestation, beatings and other tragedies. Joining a traveling carnival at 15. Then a former husband who also abused her.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/news/ah2186.shtml

Who Is Heather Mills?

LOS ANGELES (October 20, 2006) -- "I think you're born how you are and you're either strong or you're not." - Heather Mills in 2001.

No one has ever questioned Heather Mills McCartney's strength. But now, it's her credibility that's come into question, as she has made some shocking allegations of abuse against estranged husband Paul McCartney.

But who exactly is Heather Mills?

Heather learned to be strong at an early age. Her mother left her at the age of nine and Heather said she became the home's matriarch.

"I brought up my brother, my sister and my father," Mills once said. "Because men without women become children."

Adding to her childhood trauma, Heather said in her autobiography ("A Single Step") she was molested at the age of 8 by a pool man who held her captive for days. At 9, she claims she received regular beatings from her father, which he denied.

At the age of 15, Heather left home and joined a traveling carnival. At the age of 21, she turned to modeling and married her first husband, Alfie Karmal.

And while more than a few individuals have questioned Heather's memories of her past, there's no doubt her life changed three years later in 1992 when as a ski instructor in the former Yugoslavia, she smuggled 26 of her friend out of the war-torn country.

"I got them out and set up a refugee crisis center in England," Heather explained.

Then as civil war broke out, she went back to help their families.

"I worked on the front lines in Bosnia," she explained. "I earned money modeling in Austria and then I would pay the guards, bribe them at the borders, to take medical supplies and food and equipment through."

But are all of Heather's claims true?

Her childhood friend Margaret Ambler sued Heather over her molestation and abduction charges, claiming she stole that story from her. They later settled out of court.

In 2003, Margaret said while Heather has been "improperly touched on different occasions" by the man, it was her friend who was abducted - not Heather.

And Margaret isn't the only one to dispute Heather's stories.

In an article published by The Independent (a UK publication), Heather's father Mark Mills also denied his daughter's story of abduction.

"Heather claims this happened when she was seven or eight, and she was living with me then. I have no recollection of her being abducted, I don't know why she would claim a thing like that," The Independent quoted her father as saying.

Of note, in her autobiography, Heather claimed her father was a con artist who abused her and her sisters.

And now as the shocking details of her allegations against Paul become public, more people are questioning whether Heather has a tendency to embellish.

Psychiatrist Gail Saltz said Heather's behavior could be a pattern.

"They may create things in their minds so they feel like a victim," Dr. Saltz explained to Access Hollywood. "If somebody has had a difficult past and potentially they've been abused or terrible things have happened to them where they view themselves as a victim in life, they may feel a need to hold onto that and keep repeating the pattern."

Not up for debate is the fact that in 1993, Heather lost her leg in a tragic accident.

"I should've lost my leg from a landmine or have been killed by a sniper in Bosnia, but I crossed a street in England," she says of the accident. "A police motorcycle came from behind and out of nowhere, chopped off my leg, crushed my pelvis, punctured my lungs and split my head open."

But Heather used her tragedy to make a difference.

"I was a celebrity after my accident because in the UK and Europe, I'd been a top model over there and it was 'Model Loses Leg' and 'She Overcomes Adversity,' so I knew that I could make a massive difference with that and it became my life," she explained.

Fate had brought Heather to her calling - helping the disabled and taking over where Princess Diana left off with her Adopt-A-Minefield program.

In 2000, Heather met Sir Paul. Interestingly enough, it was "America's Got Talent" judge Piers Morgan who takes the credit for introducing the pair.

"Heather Mills went on stage to make a speech about landmines and Paul said 'Who is that girl? I like what she is saying,'" Piers said. "So I introduced them, they got together and they got married."

After dating for a year, Paul and Heather tied the knot in Ireland in June 2002.

"It's great, it's lovely, I'm very happy, we're both happy," Heather said after the wedding.

But soon after, Heather immediately became a media target.

"I'm not Mother Teresa and I think even if Mother Teresa admired my husband, she'd be getting bad press," Mills said.

Four months after the wedding, there was no doubt how proud Paul was of his wife's charity work, which included storming Jennifer Lopez's New York offices during a PETA protest.

"When there's an earthquake in India, you don't go. I don't go. But she's on a plane - she's there counseling people, she's helping," Paul said. "Anyone who does that can't be bad."

In May 2006, Heather and Paul called it quits. In July, Paul filed for divorce.
    I'm capable of believing McCartney a possible wife beater in a vague theoretical way, and not willing to dismiss him simply because he was "a Beatle", but Mills seems like a drama queen looking for attention and validation. Someone who's stated life story is so over-the-top that its hard to believe anything she says (the only undeniable fact is that she lost her leg). Plus, she's SO much younger than McCartney that, fake leg or not, its hard to cast her in the role of helpless victim.

Some of Mills more specific allegations are detailed in this article: http://www.accesshollywood.com/news/ah2125.shtml, which I won't detail here since this post is already so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2110569;
    As I said, I think the woman's claim of murder is pretty out there. But lets say Howard K. Stern was buying drugs for himself and Anna like it Pez candy and gave some to Daniel because he complained of being in pain. Daniel self-doses, messes up the dosage, and dies. Does that really count as an accident?
    Yes. A stupid, stupid accident, in which case the worst that I would say has happened here is negligent homicide. But definitely not murder.

Stern has no real reason to be attached to Anna's son, so I am betting Anna's share of the pain is probably a lot larger.
    He has no real reason to be attached to Daniel??? He has spent what.. 10 or 15+ years attached to AN's right hip but he has no reason to be attached to her son that has been attached to her left hip? I'm sure AN's pain is much larger, being his mother, but c'mon...
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Anna Nicole, Howard Stern, the death of her son Daniel, the paternity test ...
    another celebrity mess.

Paul McCartney, Heather Mills, their child, .... another celebrity mess.

What else is new?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

giz
    I just always felt there was something off about Heather Mills. The seal thing for example. His kids never liked her, for all four of them to feel like that they must have had their reasons. I would have thought if McCartney was a wife beater it would have come out during his first marriage. Instead the first marriage seemed very very good. She just seems nuts. I hope Beatrice turns out okay.

+ Reply to Thread