+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4589Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I will also jump in here - I do think she had a great voice! She is/was quite talented -- just not sure how ruined those vocal cords are now. Very sad situation.

CCL

Just because Amy Winehouse has talent, doesn't she means she owes it to her fans (or even to that innate talent) to stay off drugs in order to make use of the gift she has been given. She owes it to herself, surely, but it's ultimately her choice whether she is going to ruin herself totally or fully commit to making herself better.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3076079;
    She is famous here in the states for being a junkie. In England(?) she has had a few happening albums. (Or so the semi research says)
    It's pretty bad when you're famous for being a junkie.

I don't know of other famous junkies (well there's Keith Richards, but he also has talent as well-isn't just known for his drug use, although it was prodigious)

But let's go down the road of EXTREMELY talented stars that died of drug overdoses: Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, Elvis Presley

And those are the ones I can just think of quickly.

Seems like she's destined for this list if she doesn't do something and soon.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

But let's go down the road of EXTREMELY talented stars that died of drug overdoses: Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, Elvis Presley
    But . . . but . . . Jim Morrison is still alive! And so is Elvis!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3075607;
    I swear, I think this woman could die tomorrow, and very few people would really miss her, nor would she be long remembered past the end of the week.

From me, this news merits a big WHO CARES!
    prhoshay, don't you think it's kind of cruel to say, "WHO CARES!" when someone has the beginning stages of emphysema?

As for me, I'm not the hugest fan of her's, but I just really want her to get help. She is so young, and I agree that she does have a good voice. I would really hate for her to go on that list posted above of stars who died fairly early from drug overdoses.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3076525;
    prhoshay, don't you think it's kind of cruel to say, "WHO CARES!" when someone has the beginning stages of emphysema?
    Truthfully, if she doesn't care, why should I? She's an adult; we all make our own decisions.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3076058;
    When you really delve into it, is Amy Winehouse really famous for anything other than being a junkie? I think she is a talented singer, but there are lots of talented singers who are not famous. She's really only had one hit song. One hit wonders rarely maintain their fame. I really and truly think that the only reason for her fame is her addictions. And when you look at it in those terms, its rather embarassing that she's kept in the news as often as she is.
    Really, her whole last album is spectacular. She's a horrible junkie, and probably not the sharpest knife in the block, but its hard to deny her talent level. Which she is killing with drugs, smokes, disgusting husbands, and other bad habits.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Ran across this while I was surfing USA Today site.

Usmagazine.com | Heather Locklear in Rehab for Anxiety, Depression

Heather Locklear in Rehab for Anxiety, Depression
    Tuesday June 24, 2008

Heather Locklear has entered rehab for psychological treatment, her rep confirms to Usmagazine.com.

"Heather has been dealing with anxiety and depression. She requested an in-depth evaluation of her medication and entered into a medical facility for proper diagnosis and treatment," the rep said in a statement. "This is a confidential medical matter and no further statement will be released."

In March, TMZ.com reported that a pal called 911, fearing Locklear, 46, was suicidal.

The actress who recently filmed the Lifetime movie Flirting with 40 has a daughter, Ava, 10, with ex husband Richie Sambora. (He began dating her ex-friend Denise Richards after splitting with Locklear. He was arrested for DUI in March.)

Locklear is currently dating her former Melrose Place costar Jack Wagner.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Why is that called "rehab" these days instead of the more honest "in the hospital" or even "being treated at a psychiatric clinic"?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3077720;
    Ran across this while I was surfing USA Today site.

Usmagazine.com | Heather Locklear in Rehab for Anxiety, Depression

Heather Locklear in Rehab for Anxiety, Depression
    Tuesday June 24, 2008

Heather Locklear has entered rehab for psychological treatment, her rep confirms to Usmagazine.com.

"Heather has been dealing with anxiety and depression. She requested an in-depth evaluation of her medication and entered into a medical facility for proper diagnosis and treatment," the rep said in a statement. "This is a confidential medical matter and no further statement will be released."

In March, TMZ.com reported that a pal called 911, fearing Locklear, 46, was suicidal.

The actress — who recently filmed the Lifetime movie Flirting with 40 — has a daughter, Ava, 10, with ex husband Richie Sambora. (He began dating her ex-friend Denise Richards after splitting with Locklear. He was arrested for DUI in March.)

Locklear is currently dating her former Melrose Place costar Jack Wagner.
    This is too bad. I hope she gets the help she needs.
    The more cynical side of me wonders if maybe she is having a hard time dealing with age. You know, when you reach your late 40's,
    give or take, and the mid section starts to take on a shape of it's own and no amout of diet or exercise can help.
    Then it becomes summer more often then not, IN JANUARY. And everyone else is asking to turn up the heat.
    And if you are unemployed you worry about being able to get another job. Yes, it can be depressing.

+ Reply to Thread