+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5280Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

MRD

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Dody Goodman died yesterday as well.

She will probably be best remembered as the ditzy assistant to the principal in Grease. The one that liked to play the chimes before the PA announcements.

She also was the mom in Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman.

Such a wonderfully funny lady.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

George Carlin was funny regardless of the type of comedy he did. I remember his early days when he appeared in suit and tie. One of his routines was "an Indian sargeant addresses his troops," that always brought me to tears of laughter. "Tonight we will be wearing our Class A loin cloths."

Anyone remember his Al Sleet, your hippy dippy weatherman?

I'm saddened to hear about funny lady Dody Goodman, too. She was unique.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

In other news, Amy Winehouse has emphysema.

Dad says Winehouse has emphysema
    LONDON (Reuters) - Soul singer Amy Winehouse has developed the lung condition emphysema and has been warned by doctors that she will die if she continues smoking drugs, her father said in an interview on Sunday.

Mitch Winehouse said the incurable illness, which leaves sufferers struggling for breath, was diagnosed when his daughter had series of health checks in hospital.

"The doctors have told her if she goes back to smoking drugs it won't just ruin her voice, it will kill her," he was quoted as saying in the Sunday Mirror. "The doctors have said that if she had continued the way she was going she could have ended up an invalid -- she wouldn't have been able to breathe."

He added: "She's got emphysema. It's in its early stages, but had it gone on for another month they painted a very vivid picture of her sitting there like an old person with a mask on her face struggling to breathe.

"With smoking the crack cocaine and the cigarettes, her lungs are all gunked up. There are nodules around the chest and dark marks. She's got 70 percent lung capacity."

He added that a spell in hospital last week and renewed treatment for her well-publicized drug addiction had offered a ray of hope for his 24-year-old daughter.

"If she doesn't go back to drugs, then she can lead this magnificent life," he said. "We are praying that that's what Amy really wants. She seems resolute."

He called on drug dealers to help her recovery by refusing to supply her with crack cocaine.

There is no medical reason why she shouldn't be able to perform at the Glastonbury Festival next weekend, he added. In the past, work has helped to keep her away from drugs.

"If she hadn't done recent shows in Moscow and Portugal she could have been dead by now," he said. "She abstains and regulates her drug use when she has to do a show."

Winehouse won five Grammy Awards in February and enjoyed commercial success with her album "Back to Black."
    Link
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

MRD

At age 24!!!!

The woman is so self-destructive.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fanatic

RIP George Carlin

George Carlin passed away Sunday June 22, 2008 at the age of 71, from heart failure. I found George to have a really unique sense of humor and he could always make me laugh at every day normal things that we all experience. So long George!

Comedian George Carlin dies at 71 - Celebrities - MSNBC.com

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3074395;

Link

I swear, I think this woman could die tomorrow, and very few people would really miss her, nor would she be long remembered past the end of the week.

From me, this news merits a big WHO CARES!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

PLEASE OPEN YOUR MINDS petite_indigo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3075607;
    I swear, I think this woman could die tomorrow, and very few people would really miss her, nor would she be long remembered past the end of the week.

From me, this news merits a big WHO CARES!
    Sorry to just jump in... but what upsets me about her is that she is actually exteremely talented. Her voice is so full and rich, and it pisses me off that she cares so little about herself that she would be willing to destroy it for a few moments of self pleasure. Her situation reminds me so much of Whitney Houston, a man that brings you down and ruins your career. As much as they claim that her voice is back, I just can't believe it. That crap ruins a voice. ok done with my rant
    squirrel please!!!!:nono

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3074395;

Link
    Now they are saying her father mis spoke, she doesn't have Emphysema, only that she is in what could be called the begining stages of what could lead to it. Im so done with her, lol... shes doing it to herself. She has no one else to blame.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fogey

When you really delve into it, is Amy Winehouse really famous for anything other than being a junkie? I think she is a talented singer, but there are lots of talented singers who are not famous. She's really only had one hit song. One hit wonders rarely maintain their fame. I really and truly think that the only reason for her fame is her addictions. And when you look at it in those terms, its rather embarassing that she's kept in the news as often as she is.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3076058;
    When you really delve into it, is Amy Winehouse really famous for anything other than being a junkie? I think she is a talented singer, but there are lots of talented singers who are not famous. She's really only had one hit song. One hit wonders rarely maintain their fame. I really and truly think that the only reason for her fame is her addictions. And when you look at it in those terms, its rather embarassing that she's kept in the news as often as she is.
    She is famous here in the states for being a junkie. In England(?) she has had a few happening albums. (Or so the semi research says)

+ Reply to Thread