+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 1118 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445851355351035 ... LastLast
Like Tree4746Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee View Post
    She's also the main bread winner since she's an actress. I wouldn't put it beyond him to be with her for financial interest.
    That would certainly have been one of my guesses also, but I'm trying to not be too cynical! I tend to always think that when a "star" acquires a boyfriend who doesn't have a life of his own, or one who is a "back up dancer", etc. Different if the boyfriend has a real career, makes a decent amount of money on his own. Since this guy is 17 doubt he's in that category, she better plan to keep on acting to support the 3 of them. Hopefully he'll be a good house husband and not cheat on her.

PWS, you thnk he may go looking for a younger woman?

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    PWS, you thnk he may go looking for a younger woman?
    I give it a couple of years, Muduh--and then only on the side unless he can find another money making 13 year old! Ok, getting toooo nasty here. No doubt he'll turn out to be an exemplar of noble humanity after all this bashing!

giz
    I may be jumping to conclusions here, or just read too much Margaret Mead, but I'm thinking maybe to Maori New Zealander's it's not as much of a big deal as it is to us. It may be perfectly fine within their culture.

So, are the headlines true? Are Vince and Jen really broken up? When they first got together I was all cynical and thought VV was a media invention and that the nice guy was about as real as a unicorn. But I got sucked in. He seemed so nice! What happened? (That poor poor woman. I saw headline that said something like "Jen and Vince have broken up: What is wrong with her that she cannot keep a man?". God. She must be pretty strong to maintain her sanity in the face of nonsense like that).

Nicole Kidman: 'Mental' Cheating Is Most Dangerous

Nicole Kidman: 'Mental' Cheating Is Most Dangerous

Thursday Oct 19, 2006 8:15am EST
    By Praxilla Trabattoni and Stephen M. Silverman

She's been happily married to Keith Urban since June, but Nicole Kidman has a reason to think about bumpy unions these days: Her new movie, Fur: An Imaginary Portrait of Diane Arbus, takes a fictionalized look at the troubled marriage of the late photographer.

In Rome promoting the film, Kidman, 39, was asked her thoughts on fidelity. "I don't think that sexual faithfulness is the most important one," she said. "It is the easiest type to define, but mental unfaithfulness is far more subtle and dangerous. How far can you go in this type without being 'really' unfaithful? It's a difficult issue for which I don't have answers, only questions."

Arbus, who in 1971 committed suicide at age 48 in her Greenwich Village apartment, was acclaimed – and criticized – for her stark black-and-white photographs of transvestites, nudists and others on the fringe of society. She was also the mother of two daughters who managed a successful career at a time when it was rare for a woman to make her mark in the workplace.

"Reading Arbus's biography by Patricia Bosworth (on which Fur is based), I found many things in common with myself," Kidman said. "I have a passion for photography. I collect black and white photos by Man Ray and Lee Miller, also her wish to explore the world – to not give up on hopes and dreams and to live life in a brave way."

Kidman also noted that women face the same dilemma Arbus did in the 1960s: "Despite the fact that we live in a different era, women are still torn between having a family and a career. During the time I was divorced, I was able to explore different roads. Now that I am happily married again, there are limits."

In the film, Arbus develops a fascination with her neighbor (Robert Downey Jr.), who suffers from a rare disease that causes his entire body to be covered with fur.

Could Kidman herself ever fall in love with an ugly man? "Why not?" she said. "Of course I could fall in love with an ugly man ... even a very ugly man. True love is about loving firstly and, above all, the soul of the other person, and souls don't age. Nor do they develop wrinkles."

http://celebrity.aol.com/people/atao...547982,00.html

I personally agree with Kidman (sort of, at any rate) regarding fidelity, believing that affairs of the mind can prove more destructive to a relationship than a short term affair. Change that to long term affair or trampy male of female promiscuity though, and it equals the damage a mind can wrought. I'm assuming she's talking about the mental kin of sexual faithfulness as in getting it on with others, though I can envision a number of other possibilities I'd consider physical or mental breeches of a bonded vow of fidelity.

I don't possess any general ongoing pro or con feelings about Kidman beyond her roles in flicks I've seem, but this comparision of hers where she's listing what she describes as commonalitites she shares with Diane Arbus leaves me wanting to stick a finger down my throat to purge the bileous cauldron such a pompous comparison brewed up:

"I have a passion for photography. I collect black and white photos by Man Ray and Lee Miller, also her wish to explore the world – to not give up on hopes and dreams and to live life in a brave way."

NOT EVEN CLOSE, Nicole. Buying and possessing an appreciation for art is not the same as creating it, otherwise there is a vast host of others that have a little Arbus in them as well. Approaching commonalities Kidman style, I could imagine I've got a bit of her eye for twistedness. (My favorite Arbus photo is the white kid grimmacing while holding a grenade)

Does my response to Kidman's quote seem off, too critical? I don't read too much entertainment news outside supermarket checkstands, are celebrity quotes associated with such acceptedly reduced standards that I'm more notably backward than the backward comment I'm hearing her voice repeating in my skull (pleeease stop, Nicole)?

Moving on, helpfully her voiced recording of similaritities fades as I approach the question of whether she could dall in love with an ugly man. Unfortunately thats due to the fact its been supplanted by an altered repetition of a Swanson ad, 'How do you handle an ugly maaaaan?...' Yeesh.

I like her comments that follow ""Of course I could fall in love with an ugly man ... even a very ugly man", but that portion has something wrong with it, even though I agree in general.

I'll give her that first ugly, but the addition of "even a very ugly man" looks weird, whether it connects to my view that you're not likely to see ugly in a "true love", or whether the "very ugly man" continuation seems at odds with her partial statement "loving firstly and, above all, the soul of the other person" which I expansively applied to viewing people in general, not just a hot bod or money bags "true love". Sounds to me like Nicole knows ugly when she sees it, 'get yer sorry, fugly looking soul outta my face'.
    Last edited by Leftcoaster; 10-19-2006 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by giz;2107225;
    So, are the headlines true? Are Vince and Jen really broken up? When they first got together I was all cynical and thought VV was a media invention and that the nice guy was about as real as a unicorn. But I got sucked in. He seemed so nice! What happened? (That poor poor woman. I saw headline that said something like "Jen and Vince have broken up: What is wrong with her that she cannot keep a man?". God. She must be pretty strong to maintain her sanity in the face of nonsense like that).
    giz, Jen was on Oprah on Monday and said that no, she and Vince have not broken up.. they are still quite together. Vince has also subsequently sued the two British rags that published the apparent lies that he was passionately kissing another woman. He says that they haven't broken up as well.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by JamiLee;2098359;
    I feel awful for Anna Nicole even though I think she is a nutcase.

Howard looked pretty bad on Larry King. No matter how $ hungry they are I think they must be beyond heartbroken.
    My sympathy for Howard is pretty low, since there's a good chance HIS drugs are the ones which killed the kid.

And not much more for Anna. I mean while she's not the procurer, she'd be the one who brought Howard into the kid's life, and her own need to be fed drugs constantly certainly must have contributed to the overly permissive atmosphere.

The funeral was today, by the way: http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...E-SMITH-DC.XML

And wow, Bahamian justice is slug like. Six weeks and the toxicology report isn't in? To me that sounds like they know something but due to a lack of decent resources there can't yet prove it.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Regarding Keisha, mostly I hope she has a large, loving support system. Without knowing more about the situation, I don't feel like I can say more about it. Having a baby is unimaginably complicated emotionally.

But, regardless of culture, a fourteen-year-old girl (or boy, for that matter) is not mentally or emotionally mature enough to be in an adult relationship. Adolescents are not little adults, despite what 40 years of propaganda have led many to believe. There is a lot of brain development, psychological growth, and even physical maturation that occurs before the age of 20-21. Changing laws to allow 16, 14, or 13 (Spain) or 12-year-olds (Netherlands, effectively) to consent to adult sex doesn't change reality - it just attempts to frame it in a different light.

I guess where cultural relativism is concerned, I have to point out that if we go down that road, we have to face dilemmas like the moral neutrality of cannibalism, for example. Most post-modernists aren't ready to go there yet (although there are more than a handful of Ivy League university faculty who would, and do.)
    Last edited by jasmar; 10-20-2006 at 12:51 AM.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2109800;
    My sympathy for Howard is pretty low, since there's a good chance HIS drugs are the ones which killed the kid.
    You think so? I didn't watch her show much, but I never really got the impression that he took drugs. I would have assumed that it was HER drugs that killed him. Purely speculation, but I would think that Daniel was on his own prescription for two depression medicines, and AN probably gave him one of her methadone pills on top of that.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2110015;
    You think so? I didn't watch her show much, but I never really got the impression that he took drugs. I would have assumed that it was HER drugs that killed him. Purely speculation, but I would think that Daniel was on his own prescription for two depression medicines, and AN probably gave him one of her methadone pills on top of that.
    This article, from several weeks ago, is highly speculative, but its got SOME facts in it:
    http://www.queerplanet.us/moxie/ente...0306-001.shtml
    Did Anna Nicole or Howard K. Stern contribute to Daniel Smith's death?
    The death of Anna Nicole Smith’s son, Daniel, has become a big controversy that may soon turn into a murder mystery. A second autopsy performed at Anna Nicole’s request found that Daniel had three drugs in his system at the time he died. The coroner found two antidepressants (Lexapro and Zoloft) and Methadone while performing an investigation into Daniel Smith’s cause of death.

A US doctor issued Daniel Smith a prescription for Lexapro and Zoloft to help deal with depression after recently having problems with his girlfriend. Methadone is usually used to treat people who are recovering from narcotic addictions. Everyone seems pretty confident that Daniel Smith never had a narcotic addiction, but sources from inside the Smith camp claimed that Daniel may have taken the methadone for back pain. Methadone can be used as a pain reliever, but doctors say that it is very rare.

Getting Methadone is not a simple task, however it is obtainable. Most Methadone users are being treated for a narcotic addiction. This means that for Daniel Smith to get Methadone to use as a back pain reliever, he had to get it from someone who is struggling from a narcotic addiction. If someone wants Methadone badly enough it can be purchased as a street drug. Why would Daniel Smith buy a street drug for back pain? He probably wouldn’t.

An anonymous source tells me that both Anna Nicole Smith and Howard K. Stern have struggled with narcotic addictions over the past few years dating back to the time when my source met Anna Nicole Smith while she was taping her self-titled reality show on E! The insider says that Anna Nicole and Howard K. Stern were both addicted to a pain killer similar to oxycodone. This would explain Anna Nicole’s often 'out-of-it' appearance on her reality show and her public antics where she appears intoxicated. This would also describe why her attorney, Howard K. Stern, often talked at such a slow pace as if he was holding on to every word. As a former pill-popper myself, I know that all these traits come along with taking a pain relieving narcotic.

US Weekly also reported that Larry Birkhead told them that Anna Nicole was taking Methadone, and her treatments were administered by her lawyer turned boyfriend, Howard K. Stern. Stern told Larry King on CNN that Daniel’s depression had manifested itself as back pain.

Our source said that Anna Nicole Smith was forced to quickly kick her pill addiction when she found out she was pregnant with her recently born daughter. Stern, however, was evidently still working to end his addiction. Daniel Smith boarded a plane in California to head to the Bahamas to visit with his mother and newly born sister, Dannilyn. He was picked up at the hospital by Anna’s attorney Howard K. Stern. Daniel visited with the family before retiring to bed. The New York Daily News reported in its September 14th issue that others near Anna Nicole’s hospital room heard her "screaming loudly and blaming someone" for her son collapsing. That’s 38 minutes before hospital officials say a nurse was called to try and revive Daniel Smith.

According to Wikepdia.com, Methadone has a half-life of 24-48. A drug’s half life generally predicts when it will hit your system and was probably the time when Daniel Smith died from the lethal mix of two anti-depressants and Methadone. So if my source is right, one might assume that Howard K. Stern is the one who is responsible for Daniel Smith’s death. Howard and Anna Nicole’s representatives confirmed that the two were unofficially married in the Bahamas on Thursday morning. My source who says claims to know both Stern and Smith very well, told me that the quick commitment ceremony sounds like something Stern would propose to take the attention off of him for inadvertently killing Daniel.

Stern appeared on Larry King Live last week where he looked nearly sedated himself. On the show, Stern claimed that he and Anna Nicole were in love and that he is the father of her newborn daughter.

Our anonymous source said that if Howard and Anna Nicole have secretly been dating for as long as Stern claims; then they did a good job of hiding it from both of their personal friends and their staffs. My source also said that Anna Nicole and Larry Birkhead did have some sort of romantic relationship within the past year. Stern also dodged questions on CNN about whether or not Anna Nicole and Birkhead were intamite. He did say that “she never consider him her boyfriend.” If my source is correct, then this does seem that Stern dodged a question from Larry King very well. Anna Nicole Smith’s mother told Entertainment Tonight that she spoke with Anna Nicole Smith recently and that she was “out of it” and appeared to be drugged up. This leads me to believe that Anna Nicole may be so out of it, that she doesn’t even realize what is going on. Other sources have said that she is so sedated that she often forgets that Daniel is actually dead. If she became sedated immediately after Daniel’s death, then she may not even realize what is going on.

There is obviously a lot more to this story than is coming out. If allegations such as these continue, then eventually the authorities will have to investigate where Daniel Smith got the Methadone that killed him.

It is obvious that an investigation into how Daniel obtained Methadone needs to be conducted. Anna Nicole has done an impeccable job of shielding herself from the outside world through this situation and in the past. Unfortunately, the one shielding her this time may be the one who is hurting her the most.

Editor's note: While I don't believe that Anna Nicole Smith or Howard K. Stern intentionally killed Daniel, accidents do happen. We all know that if Howard was under the influence of a drug when he picked Daniel up from the airport, he probably wasn't thinking too clearly.
    Why "queerplanet" of all places is the only one talking about this, I don't know. But its what Google News tosses back at you.
    Last edited by Krom; 10-20-2006 at 11:41 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread