+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4589Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

The thing I found really disturbing (aside from Linda turning up at the jail to visit Nick looking like a two-dollar hooker) was her wailing about how the injured passenger's mother wasn't suffering.
    "She's not suffering, I aaaaammmmm." It was really disgusting and you can't be too surprised that the son is the way he is when the mother has that kind of skewed view of reality.
    Or real-ality as Nick would call it.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3028462;
    The thing I found really disturbing (aside from Linda turning up at the jail to visit Nick looking like a two-dollar hooker) was her wailing about how the injured passenger's mother wasn't suffering.
    "She's not suffering, I aaaaammmmm." It was really disgusting and you can't be too surprised that the son is the way he is when the mother has that kind of skewed view of reality.
    Or real-ality as Nick would call it.
    Maybe she's suffering because she knows that Nick will be released from jail, and she'll have to deal with more of his antics?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3028280;
    ...Nancy Grace is nothing but an aggitator and would like nothing more than to get a mob together and hang or burn at the stake whomever is the favor of the month that particular day. She also has a very big tendency of ignoring the facts of a case and being judge, jury and executioner. I just wish someone would put a big fat gooey pie into her face to shut her up once in a while.
    If someone handed me a pie and put me in front of her, I would be happy to introduce it to her face!! I have tried to watch her a couple of times when she was addressing interesting topics and learned one thing: no matter what topic she is discussing, she infuriates me!! Even when I agree that the person is probably in the wrong, she goes completely overboard. It is either black or white with her and no in between. She is completely abrasive.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

AmyLee...I'll fight you for Clooney

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3028585;
    AmyLee...I'll fight you for Clooney

you 2 go right off and fight it out.
    I'll just stay and keep George company...

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3028280;
    What I would like to know is who leaked the tapes to Court/Tru TV. I am sure there is a prison employee who probably has a $50,000 check sitting in a bank account somewhere. I wonder if it was unethical and could they be fired over it.
    I'm pretty sure the tapes were on TMZ about a week ago (maybe less) and before they were on any TV show. It's my understanding that all inmates know that their phone conversations are being taped. It's also my understanding that the tapes are available to the public, it's just that most of those conversations aren't all that interesting to the general public. I doubt anyone is sitting on a big kickback. Only conversations between prisoners and their attorneys are considered private. The Hogans are just so arrogant and ignorant that they think they are above the law. They knew they were being taped and, after the first tapes were posted on TMZ, they started talking in a kind of pig Latin, thinking they were clever and no one would understand them.

They should be ashamed of themselves, but they're probably just going to use this to play the victim even more. I can't decide which one of them I'm more disgusted by: Linda for wailing about her own problems while that boy lies in a coma, Nick for trying to angle and get his own show while he should be reflecting on how he destroyed someone's life, or Hulk for blaming John's bad karma for the accident. They're all horrid.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

MRD

I am one that is over the whole Hogan family too. After seeing just a few episodes of their show I had had enough, which is sad, because I lived in the Tampa Bay area and the Hulk was well known for his charity work around there. He would ALWAYS show up when any organization asked him, he donated both money and Hulk memorabilia to charities to raise money. He is very community and charity minded. It's a shame that image has been tarnished by the antics of him and his family on that show.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Harvey Korman died

Oh my god....I am now very sad.

Harvey Korman of ‘Carol Burnett Show’ dies - Celebrities - MSNBC.com

Harvey Korman of Carol Burnett Show dies

LOS ANGELES - Harvey Korman, the tall, versatile comedian who won four Emmys for his outrageously funny contributions to The Carol Burnett Show and on the big screen in Blazing Saddles, died Thursday. He was 81.

Korman died at UCLA Medical Center after suffering complications from the rupture of an abdominal aortic aneurysm four months ago, his family said in a statement released by the hospital.

His daughter, Kate Korman, said in the statement that it was a miracle that her father had survived the aneurysm at all, and that he had several major operations.

"Tragically, after such a hard fought battle he passed away, she said.

Second banana
    A natural second banana, Korman gained attention on The Danny Kaye Show, appearing in skits with the star. He joined the show in its second season in 1964 and continued until it was canceled in 1967. That same year he became a cast member in the first season of The Carol Burnett Show.

Burnett and Korman developed into the perfect pair with their burlesques of classic movies such as Gone With the Wind and soap operas like As the World Turns (their version was called As the Stomach Turns).

Another recurring skit featured them as Ed and Eunice, a staid married couple who were constantly at odds with the wifes mother (a young Vickie Lawrence in a gray wig). In Old Folks at Home, they were a combative married couple bedeviled by Lawrence as Burnetts troublesome young sister.

Burnett was devastated by the news, said her assistant, Angie Horejsi.

She loved Harvey very much, Horejsi said. She said Burnett had not yet made a statement.

Korman revealed the secret to the long-running shows success in a 2005 interview.

We were an ensemble, and Carol had the most incredible attitude. Ive never worked with a star of that magnitude who was willing to give so much away.

After 10 successful seasons, he left in 1977 for his own series. Dick Van Dyke took his place, but the chemistry was lacking and the Burnett show was canceled two years later. The Harvey Korman Show also failed, as did other series starring the actor.

It takes a certain type of person to be a television star, he said in that 2005 interview. I didnt have whatever that is. I come across as kind of snobbish and maybe a little too bright. ... Give me something bizarre to play or put me in a dress and Im fine.

Memorable roles
    His most memorable film role was as the outlandish Hedley Lamarr (who was endlessly exasperated when people called him Hedy) in Mel Brooks 1974 Western satire, Blazing Saddles.

He also appeared in the Brooks comedies High Anxiety, The History of the World Part I and Dracula: Dead and Loving It, as well as two Pink Panther moves, Trail of the Pink Panther in 1982 and Curse of the Pink Panther in 1983.

Kormans other films included Gypsy, Huckleberry Finn (as the King), Herbie Goes Bananas and Bud and Lou (as legendary straightman Bud Abbott to Buddy Hacketts Lou Costello). He also provided the voice of Dictabird in the 1994 live-action feature The Flintstones.

In television, Korman guest-starred in dozens of series including The Donna Reed Show, Dr. Kildare, Perry Mason, The Wild Wild West, The Muppet Show, The Love Boat, The Roseanne Show and Burkes Law.

In their 70s, he and Tim Conway, one of his Burnett show co-stars, toured the country with their show Tim Conway and Harvey Korman: Together Again. They did 120 shows a year, sometimes as many as six or eight in a weekend.

Working his way up
    Harvey Herschel Korman was born Feb. 15, 1927, in Chicago. He left college for service in the U.S. Navy, resuming his studies afterward at the Goodman School of Drama at the Chicago Art Institute. After four years, he decided to try New York.

For the next 13 years I tried to get on Broadway, on off-Broadway, under or beside Broadway, he told a reporter in 1971.

He had no luck and had to support himself as a restaurant cashier. Finally, in desperation, he and a friend formed a nightclub comedy act.

We were fired our first night in a club, between the first and second shows, he recalled.

After returning to Chicago, Korman decided to try Hollywood, reasoning that at least Id feel warm and comfortable while I failed.

For three years he sold cars and worked as a doorman at a movie theater. Then he landed the job with Kaye.

In 1960 Korman married Donna Elhart and they had two children, Maria and Christopher. They divorced in 1977. Two more children, Katherine and Laura, were born of his 1982 marriage to Deborah Fritz.

In addition to his daughter Kate, he is survived by his wife and the three other children.
    2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Harvey Korman died

OMG....I am soooooo sad to read this ....I can remember watching "The Carol Burnett Show" with my grandmother and we would sit there and laugh so hard we were crying...

God bless him and his family......his legacy will live on and he will continue to make people laugh for many years to come in re-runs.....

RIP
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Re: Harvey Korman died

I really don't think Harvey would want anyone sad or crying about him.

He just always enjoyed a good laugh, and gave me some wonderful ones.

so let's laugh it up in his memory.

+ Reply to Thread