+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5276Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3024798;
    I think the best description I heard this morning of his acting ability is that when he was on screen, he was just there -- it seemed so effortless to him. He was present, fit the scene, and fit it so well that you didn't step back and say "Hey, that's Sydney Pollack". He was just there as he belonged.

Had he shared publicly that he had cancer? I don't recall having heard that news, and was rather surprised this morning to hear he'd died of cancer.
    He was another person that fit just right into almost everything he did. Even alongside Blythe Danner as Will's parents in "Will and Grace", he just fit the part.

I don't remember him ever publicly acknowledging that he had cancer which I think is why it came to me as a little bit of a shock when I saw that he had died. He will definitely be missed.

Okay - I knew something was going on with the whole Tony/Jessica "thing" ... From TMZ --

So here's the latest as the Tony Romo-Jess Simpson world turns: They're seeing each other again, but only if Papa Joe Simpson stays totally on the sidelines.

A college pal of Tony's tells the Chicago Sun-Times that the Cowboy "made it super-clear that if they were to give another go, her dad had to seriously back off." This go-round is "a trial thing" and will only work if Joe leaves the couple alone and doesn't try to QB the QB.

The pair have been very publicly out and about in the past few days.
    And, yes, Jess is that desperate to give into the one demand I am certain all of her previous boyfriends (and husband) wish that they had demanded.

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;3025308;
    He was another person that fit just right into almost everything he did. Even alongside Blythe Danner as Will's parents in "Will and Grace", he just fit the part.
    He was hilarious in that role, and a natural for it!!
    RIP.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Sydney Pollack also played a psychiatrist to a psychiatrist on The Sopranos.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Theyre saying Clooney is single again and im sticking to it.
    George Clooney and Sarah Larson Split - Breakups, George Clooney : People.com
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Newbie

Is anyone discussing the trainwreck that is the Hulk Hogan family?

wow, i knew about the accident and stuff but sheesh, the new telephone call recordings that Nancy Grace played on her show tonight were so disgusting, what is wrong with the Hogans? they just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustbunny!;3028124;
    Is anyone discussing the trainwreck that is the Hulk Hogan family?

wow, i knew about the accident and stuff but sheesh, the new telephone call recordings that Nancy Grace played on her show tonight were so disgusting, what is wrong with the Hogans? they just don't get it.

They've certainly shown their true colors on those tapes. I don't think I've ever seen a more selfish, self-centered family and it's clear that Nick Hogan will never "get it" especially when his family babies him so much and he is plotting how he can make a buck off of the tragedy that was responsible for.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3028179;
    They've certainly shown their true colors on those tapes. I don't think I've ever seen a more selfish, self-centered family and it's clear that Nick Hogan will never "get it" especially when his family babies him so much and he is plotting how he can make a buck off of the tragedy that was responsible for.
    I agree bunny, I found those tapes very disturbing, like you said all Nick seems interested in is making money off of a very tragic situation.

The way that his mom Linda whines like a big baby on the tapes and it's all about HER,,, omg I wanted to smack her upside the head, how dare she run down the mother of the young man who was injured and how dare Hulk try to say it was Gods will or Karma that he's in a hospital bed missing a good junk of his brain. riiiight it had nothing to do with them supplying Nick with a supercharged car and booze then tossing him the car keys

They raised a spoiled rotten kid who has no respect for anyone but himself and they're still reinforcing his selfish attitude & behaviour.
    Hulk and Linda should both be ashamed of themselves.

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion, Big Truck Adventure Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lostgirl;3028194;
    I agree bunny, I found those tapes very disturbing, like you said all Nick seems interested in is making money off of a very tragic situation.

The way that his mom Linda whines like a big baby on the tapes and it's all about HER,,,
    Come on now. Don't you know Linda is suffering more of a loss than the mother of the other boy? Poor Linda doesn't get to ride in the Escalade to the beach house with Speed Racer for 18 months. The other boy's mom gets to see him every day, and comb his hair, feed him, change his diaper. Poor, poor Linda Hogan. Such a tragic loss. (is the sarcasm coming through?)

This family needs to not exist anymore. Any network that gives that little punk criminal a reality show about how he is surviving after prison deserves to be taken off the air. And what's up with Hulk talking in Snoop Dog-esque drug code? Fo shizzle, Hulkizzle. Hogans, please just go away.

Personally I thought Nick got off too lightly in the sentencing hearing. I honestly thought he should have had a minimum of a 1 yr jail sentence with no time off for good behaviour. I seriously doubt he will serve his full 8 months.

I am not surprised this happened. After occasionally channel surfing the Hogan family reality tv show it was very evident that Nick was not held to as high a standard as Brook was. It is a point that Brook complained about alot and once or twice she mentioned this on the show and Nick agreed with her. He was partying and staying out late and drinking at 14/15 while Brook was not allowed to. If you stand back and look at this overall Nick was an accident waiting to happen. What I don't understand is that neither Hulk or Linda made an issue about any of Nick's previous speeding tickets. Everyone knows that a teenage boy and a suped up car are not a good combination.

I can understand the Hogans distancing themselves from the victim because they probably have been advised to do so by their lawyers and people are very suit happy and they really do not want to lose everything Terry worked so hard for and has basically destroyed his body over, especially with Linda now wanting a divorce from Hogan. What a financial mess.

What I would like to know is who leaked the tapes to Court/Tru TV. I am sure there is a prison employee who probably has a $50,000 check sitting in a bank account somewhere. I wonder if it was unethical and could they be fired over it. A bit malicious and greedy here. Still it is hard to listen to Nancy Grace go on an on about the tapes; we are only hearing an edited protion, the most inflamatory of course. Hulk was basically just listening to his son saying yeah, yeah..Linda on the other hand is very interesting. I cannot believe the comments she made about the victims mother being nasty and mean. Really, I can just imagine what Linda would be like if Nick was the one in the hospital bed instead of his friend. After listening to the show for a while it is very obvious that Nancy Grace is nothing but an aggitator and would like nothing more than to get a mob together and hang or burn at the stake whomever is the favor of the month that particular day. She also has a very big tendency of ignoring the facts of a case and being judge, jury and executioner. I just wish someone would put a big fat gooey pie into her face to shut her up once in a while.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread