+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4543Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

FORT Fogey

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3013565;
    i still can't believe she actually thought one of the biggest playboys in hollywood was going to change once she married him. what a moron.

she's so incredibly beautiful though ... i saw part of her interview on larry king and WOW
    From what she has said in interviews, I don't think she thought he was going to change ... I think she thought he'd outgrown his playboy ways. I don't know anything about their dating time obviously, so I have no idea what she saw in him then that went away when he was married. But before they met, he'd gone through at least one divorce, rehab, public scrutiny over his association with Heidi Fleiss, among other things. There certainly are men who have very immature playboy ways early in their lives, then they learn the consequences of those actions, mature, and turn over a new leaf. It sounds like Denise thought that Charlie had reached that sort of point in his life. IF the signs weren't there while they were dating, I'm not sure if I personally would have taken the risk, but i can't fault her for doing so.

Don't get me wrong -- I think that both Charlie and Denise come across as very self-involved, attention starved media whores. I think they've both used their divorce at times as a means of publicity for their careers. I don't have a lot of sympathy for either one. But I can't put Charlie in a good light and Denise in a bad one for stupid choices. I think they're two people who deserved each other, either of whom could escape the challenges they're facing in life now if they wanted to step out of the limelight ... but fame seems more important to each of them than a stable parenting partnership for their girls.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by beesknees;3021285;
    I am old enough to remember watching Rowan & Martin as a kid - sitting right in front of that black & white TV, moving the "bunny rabbit" ears around to reduce the "snow" & manually clicking those 4 or 5 channels we had to choose from.

Oh yeah, and the TV went off the air around midnite during the week & at 11 p.m. on Sunday nites. Anyone out there remember that?
    How sad, Laugh-in was one of my favorite shows. RIP Mr. Martin

Yep, I remember that the tv played the National Anthem and then went to a test pattern at midnight. I remember at times hearing the national anthem come on and and thinking: "Oh no, now there is NOTHING to do, I guess I'll HAVE to go to bed."
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

May he rest in peace.

I also remember the National Anthem and test pattern that followed. Although I wouldn't admit that to just anyone...

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Link Here

Patrick Swayze and his wife Lisa were two famous faces in the crowd Friday as the Los Angeles Lakers beat the San Antonio Spurs 101-71 during Game 2 of the NBA Western Conference playoff series at L.A.'s Staples Center.

Swayze, 55, revealed in March that he has pancreatic cancer. But last month the star of Dirty Dancing and Ghost released a statement with his wife, telling PEOPLE his treatment is going well. "We're thrilled and grateful for the positive response Patrick has shown towards his treatment," the couple said.

"He has very strong willpower and he's a very determined individual," his sister-in-law Dr. Maria Scouros, a Houston oncologist, said at the time. "He's bringing all that energy to bear on it."
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

That picture makes me want to cry. I hope he can beat this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

I, too, remember the days of the test pattern at night. I remember at laughing Rowan and Martin before they starred on Laugh-In, which I completed loved. I remember them from one or more of the variety shows, Your Show of Shows, Ed Sullivan, Martin and Lewis. We really did have good tv in those days with such shows as Playhouse 90, Studio One, The Twilight Zone.

Dick Martin, you were always entertaining and you will be missed.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I remember the Test Pattern too! and The Late Show and The Late Late show, where they would show old movies. I saw some of the best movies of my life on those shows.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3021786;
    That picture makes me want to cry. I hope he can beat this.
    Same here. I hope he can beat it, too.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

This may sound harsh, but you "beat" something like this, only to die later on down the road. Sorry, folks, but nobody gets out of this realm alive. We're all in line,....we just don't know our particular order of going.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Off the Patrick Swayze topic for a moment... did anyone else see Denise Richards' show "It's Complicated"?? I actually watched it (sad, I know) and it was terrible She wants to come off as such a 'family' person, and yet interacts very, very little with her girls. Thank goodness her dad is there for those kids
    She actually admits to liking bad boys; actors, rock stars, and one last requirement - "big d**ks". Then she laughs.... Ummmm - if I were having custody issues, etc (well, even if I wasn't) I would not say that on camera!!!! Duh..... Could she be any more shallow? Didn't think so. So clASSayyyyyyy...

+ Reply to Thread