+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4625Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by beesknees;2967566;
    Anybody watch the Tom Cruise/Oprah Winfrey interview? I didn't see it.
    It was a joke--and not a funny one.

Oprah has finally blown the last bit of credibility she had. Any question she asked that approached being tough (and nothing got THAT close) also had her leading into an escape for Tom. Basically she suggested half of his answers. Also, she completely helped him gloss over the infamous videotape by outright declaring "it was obviously heavily edited, right?" (for the record, the man who produced the tape, who's now an ex-Scientologist was interviewed a month ago and at that time stated that most of the copies seen on the Internet DON'T appear to be edited, beyond basic time cutting measures, the things Tom is saying are in the contexts and order he said them in).

It would be insulting to someone like Barbara Walters, who has a rep for going soft on people, to call THIS Oprah interview "soft". This was less than soft, it was a puddle. Journalists across the nation were hitting their foreheads with their palms or hiding their eyes, or giggling uncontrollably watching it. Because Oprah, who bordered on being ridiculous before this, has now blatantly defined herself as a clown.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2971018;
    It was a joke--and not a funny one.

Oprah has finally blown the last bit of credibility she had. Any question she asked that approached being tough (and nothing got THAT close) also had her leading into an escape for Tom. Basically she suggested half of his answers. Also, she completely helped him gloss over the infamous videotape by outright declaring "it was obviously heavily edited, right?" (for the record, the man who produced the tape, who's now an ex-Scientologist was interviewed a month ago and at that time stated that most of the copies seen on the Internet DON'T appear to be edited, beyond basic time cutting measures, the things Tom is saying are in the contexts and order he said them in).
    The interesting thing to me about Tom talkin about the infamous tape was that while he accepted Oprah's offered up explnation of editing, he went on to stand behind everyting he said and did. He explained it as being intended for a Scientologist audience only - that it was talking to his "congregation". Well if that's the case, editing has nothing to do with it. He believes what he said in the tape. If it's good enough to say to those who one would think he was closes to - his "congregation" - then isn't it good enough for the masses as well? That explanation does offer up some defense for the evangelizing aspect of the video - he was really more sharing in an "I agree" moment than a "you need to believe this too". But my memory of the discussion when the tape came out was that the criticism was not really about his evangelizing - it was about his coming across as a flat out loony toon.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

This type of interview just reaffirmed why I usually have zero interest in celebrity interviews. Oprah and others, I'm sure are easlily starstruck. Oprah has always been a shameless namedropper, and has never tried to hide that she is starstruck. I really hate this part of what she does; I know a lot of people like tripe like this. Count me out! I've noticed that a lot of celebrities are boring as hell, and not even that smart. Moving on......
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Dina Lohan wins parenting award...

Dina Lohan wins parenting "award"...

Access Hollywood – Celebrity News, Photos & Videos

NEW YORK, N.Y. --

Just in time for mother’s day, mom-ager Dina Lohan is being honored for her parenting skills.

The Long Island-based charity the Mingling Moms Organization will honor Dina Lohan tonight as a “Top Mom,” according to the NY Post’s Page Six.

”[Dina is ] such a dedicated mom,” the Mingling Moms president told the paper. “Through all the ups and downs of Lindsay, she has been by her side.”

Dina, who will be attending the awards dinner at the Carlyle on the Green in Bethpage, Long Island, with her own mother told Page Six, “It’s an honor. It’s a wonderful organization. It’s for a good cause.”

Dina will be honored alongside Rae Stern (Howard Stern’s mom), Betty Seinfeld (Jerry Seinfeld’s mom), Shelley Stevens Herschlag (Natalie Portman’s mom), and Lillian Robinson (Eddie Murphy’s mother).

The Mingling Moms Organization awards dinner will benefit breast cancer research.
    The list of other winners actually makes this even FUNNIER. These Long Island dingbats are coming off as a real bunch of morons.

Dina's spin on this? "I think they understand that I'm a mom just like any other mom". More on that from another article.

Lindsay Lohan's mother, Dina, named a 'Top Mom' -- Newsday.com

Newsday.com
    Lindsay Lohan's mother, Dina, named a 'Top Mom'

Beth Whitehouse

Parental Guidance

May 6, 2008

Let's face it -- if a group can score Dina Lohan at an event, chances are celebrity-crazed Long Islanders will attend just for the chance to see her.

Such is the case with Mingling Moms, an organization that has named the Merrick resident and mother of actress Lindsay Lohan a "Top Mom." She is being honored along with seemingly anyone else who ever raised a celebrity superstar on Long Island.

Lohan, 45, said yesterday she'll be attending to accept. She's even bringing her own mother, Ann Sullivan, 82, also of Merrick. She said she is thrilled that the event will help raise money for breast cancer research, and that she plans to get one of the complimentary massages while she's at the event.

"Keep that seat open for me," she joked.

Celebrity moms - from Alec Baldwin's and Howard Stern's to Jerry Seinfeld's - were invited to receive the same "Top Mom" award tonight. The honor, according to Mingling Moms president Erica Logiudice, notes their "behind the scenes" contributions to their children's "tremendous careers."

Mingling Moms is a business dedicated to bringing new moms together to meet on Long Island. Logiudice came up with the gimmicky "Top Mom" list in conjunction with tonight's inaugural "Moms Night Out" event at Carlyle on the Green at Bethpage state park.

While it raised some people's eyebrows that the mom of a starlet who has been in rehab and arrested in a DUI by age 21 would be honored as a "Top Mom," Logiudice defended her group's choice. Lohan has other children who haven't faced such crises, Logiudice said. "It's not the mom's fault." Logiudice pointed out that Dina Lohan has faced obstacles such as divorce. "She should be given a break," she said.

Alas, Lindsay will not be representing the youngest generation of Lohans, because she's been busy shooting upcoming episodes of "Ugly Betty."

Dina Lohan said she's honored to be singled out for her mothering. "I think they understand that I'm a mom just like any other mom," Lohan said.

Any other mom who wears Prada and Jimmy Choo, that is.

Copyright © 2008, Newsday Inc.
    No real news of importance here, it's just fun to make fun of Dina Lohan AND these ludicrous Long Island moms in one shot!

Well, now I've seen everything Krom

Kind of like Katie's...erm.. KatE's Orange and Blue Shoe get up from the Costume Gala. Has anyone seen the pictures? Of all the stars though too. What a wonderfully interesting bunch of extremely famous names gathered together. There's far too many pictures to post, but has anyone else seen them? Thoughts?

Qute frankly, I wondered what Katie'd been drinking before she climbed into her orange dress and blue shoes getup.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness;2974088;
    Qute frankly, I wondered what Katie'd been drinking before she climbed into her orange dress and blue shoes getup.
    Xenu's Special Recipe Kool Aid?

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2970871;
    I didn't even bother with part two. Part one was weird enough and put me to sleep. And that bit about the lack of "I love you" to Katie really bothered me!

I won't even watch his films now. If I see one of his movies listed in the TV guide I choose something else!

That is one weird dude and I don't even think he is that much of an actor. Seems he plays Tom Cruise in all of his films.

B-O-R-I-N-G
    I used to just LOVE him. Top Gun was one of my all time favorites. I am now like you, I can't even watch one of his movies now. My daughter has never seen Rainman and we were talking about it last night and I said it was such a good movie, she should rent it, but then I rememebered Cruise was in it. I was thinking more of Dustin Hoffman than Tom Cruise.

I think he's crazy as a loon and can't stand to see one of his movies now.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

CCL

Mingling Moms Organization? Isn't mingling what you do at parties? Not a big surprise they'd honour perpetual party-mom Dina Lohan.

I liked Katie Holmes's Costume Institute Gala outfit. It fit the superheroes theme of the evening. Better than some of them who just wore fancy dress and didn't go with the theme at all. The dress I liked best was worn by model Caroline Trentini (though she had far too much eye makeup on). I also liked the outfits worn by Victoria Beckham, Naomi Watts and Rachel Bilson. Who looked like a hot mess was Ashley Olsen - her hair looked atrocious.

You can see some of the outfits here: USATODAY Photo Gallery
    (This is a news site so I think it is okay to post. If not, please remove it. Thanks mods!).
    Last edited by CCL; 05-07-2008 at 09:20 AM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2974030;
    Well, now I've seen everything Krom

Kind of like Katie's...erm.. KatE's Orange and Blue Shoe get up from the Costume Gala. Has anyone seen the pictures? Of all the stars though too. What a wonderfully interesting bunch of extremely famous names gathered together. There's far too many pictures to post, but has anyone else seen them? Thoughts?
    Everyone that I watched that discussed the dress said it was red, but I thought it had more of an orangish tone to it, too.

Since it was a costume gala and the theme was superheroes, I thought she was going for a Superman Red/Blue vibe. I thought it was a horrible combination, especially as the dress ended about 4-5 inches from the ground so you had to endure a clear view of the shoes all night, not just when she walked up the stairs. ICK.

Did you see Gisele Bundchen's ace bandage dress?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread