+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4741Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

[QUOTE=AJane;2960788;]I think that most celebrities consider it a privilege to be photographed by Annie Liebowitz, and more than likely that's the reason the photo shoot turned out the way it did - my guess is that the Cyrus family assumed that Annie is an artist who knew what she was doing and didn't interfere. Billy Ray or whomever probably signed a release for the pictures before seeing them, because let's face it, Annie Liebowitz does stunning work and there wouldn't be any reason for thinking that the photos would be "inappropriate". In fact, it looks to me like Liebowitz shot them mindful of the fact she was photographing a 15-year-old, because they're very tame when compared with a lot of her work.QUOTE]

On the portion of the View that I did catch on Tuesday morning, which was preempted by Dubya, the girls were discussing this a bit.

They said that the way AL shoots her photos, she always takes a polaroid first so that they can see just what the photo will look like after she shoots it with her professional camera. So I think they (Billy Ray, etc.) knew exactly what the photo would look like. This was not some big surprise that they never saw coming.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2959999;
    OK, commentators! Here's a question! Would you be OK if your 15 year old daughter (imaginary, or not) did this?!
    NO! It would NOT be okay if MY (imaginary) daughter did this!

I did hear a person that has worked with AL say that when in these shoots with her, it i SO easy to get caught up in the moment. You get a group of "artists" together and it is too easy to see it as art work and not for what it really is, until you step away.

I think that to a point everything gets distorted for the name of art when you're in the moment of the photograph. It may absolutely about been of what looked great and then to step back from it all makes it a completely different picture that doesn't always necessarily reflect what you think was going on during the shoot. I don't know if that makes sense, but I wouldn't let my own daughter shoot like that. However, I can't say that in this situation it wasn't a case of knowing full well it would bring attention to Miley. I hope this isn't going to become a case of all publicity is good publicity. She's certainly more well known now by a much broader range of people.

Changing the topic completely - what the H is up with this???? Are they for real????

Jen & John: 'They Already Miss Each Other' - Jennifer Aniston, John Mayer : People.com

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My first reaction....and probably my 'always' reaction to something like this would be, "Who cares?", but I'm not a "celebri-phile".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Huh? I thought Mayer was seeing that dingy Simpson girl. Shows how much I keep up on gossip.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

FORT Fogey

Mayer and Simpson broke up a while ago. The one piece of the Anniston / Mayer story that has me stumped is that its his friends who are the source for the quotes. Didn't he break up with Simpson once because she blabbed about their relationship to the press? Anniston has a track record of going public with relationships to get publicity for herself. There are some reports that she and Vince Vaughn went kaput becuse he got tired of being a pawn for her to get publicity. And I've heard reports that Sheryl Crow introduced the two of them, which would make sense. It just seems like a strange about face for Mayer to be so open to the publicity this time. Although, I guess he could have enjoyed additoinal fame from Simpson, and now hewants more of it.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2962807;
    My first reaction....and probably my 'always' reaction to something like this would be, "Who cares?", but I'm not a "celebri-phile".
    I feel like you do most of the time. Unless a celeb really does something newsworthy, I usually ignore it. Same with Miley Cyrus. Could not care any less than I do about her photos. But it might be different if my daughter were younger and was a fan of hers. But as I didn't know who she even was until a few months ago, it matters in the least to me what she does. Same for Jennifer Anniston. I was over her back in the Brad Pitt days.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Anybody watch the Tom Cruise/Oprah Winfrey interview? I didn't see it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by beesknees;2967566;
    Anybody watch the Tom Cruise/Oprah Winfrey interview? I didn't see it.
    I watched it. It was exactly what I expected. Oprah asked questions about a lot of his controversies - couch jumping, "you're being glib Matt", etc. Her questions were more of the "clear this up" nature than the "don't you see what a nut you are" He had answers and explanations for all of them. One area where ke KIND OF won me over was the whole ultrasound thing. He said they bought the machine and set up a place for Katie's doctor's appointments to happen inthe house because news of her being pregnant broke so quickly from a source in the doctor's office that they wanted to ensure her privacy by not going backto a doctor's office. I could see that ... I just found it ironic coming from a guy who made out with his then-girlfriend every chance he had in public to make sure the world knew they were together.

Outside of that, all his answers about his life were the kind that sound nice, but say nothing "my kid's relationships with each other are so beautiful", "we were all together and it was beautiful" blah blah blah.

+ Reply to Thread