+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 1138 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243831335331033 ... LastLast
Like Tree4953Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

What does that have to do with whether they get married?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Her makeup looked crappy.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

It's all about the money. Whose money I have no idea, but that's usually behind everything
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

"Whale Rider" Kid Star Preggers

"Whale Rider" Kid Star Preggers By Gina Serpe
    Fri Oct 6, 3:31 PM ET

Let's hope she's taking home ec this semester.

Oscar-nominated actress Keisha Castle-Hughes, 16, is reportedly expecting a child with her boyfriend of three years, Bradley Hull, 19.

The Whale Rider star is due this spring with what will be her first child, according to People. There's no word yet on the sex of the baby.

Castle-Hughes reportedly began dating Hull three years ago--but for what it's worth, she has already lived quite an accelerated decade and a half.

In 2002, at just 12 years old, she made her acting debut in the art-house hit Whale Rider, a big screen adaptation of a Maori legend following a girl who worked against the gender conventions of her tribe to fulfill her destiny as chief.

The following year, Castle-Hughes was nominated for a Best Actress Oscar at the tender age of 13, becoming the youngest person in Academy history to receive a nomination in the category.

Earlier that same year, the New Zealand native began dating Hull, whom she met while attending high school. At the time he told Australia's Age newspaper that he didn't attend the Oscar ceremony because "her people don't want me there."

"Maybe it's the age thing," the then-17-year-old said of his then-14-year-old girlfriend. "And she's real mature for her age--sometimes it's like she's 30."

Castle-Hughes will likely take some postpartum time off. But in the meantime, the actress, who most recently appeared as the Queen of Naboo in last year's Star Wars: Episode III--Revenge of the Sith, has got several films to promote.

She recently finished filming Nativity for New Line, where she will star as young mother Mary in the story of the birth of Jesus. Call it a trial run.

What a disaster for the marketing department for "The Nativity Story"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20061006/...9mBHNlYwMxNjk3
    Last edited by Tigerusty; 10-06-2006 at 07:06 PM.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I am as over Anna and her drama as I am over Tom Cruise and his robot, Katie.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Farrah Fawcett

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20061007/en_celeb_eo/20184

Farrah Fawcett Battling Cancer

By Natalie Finn 2 hours, 6 minutes ago

Calling all angels.

Original Charlie's Angel and 1970s bombshell Farrah Fawcett has confirmed that she is battling intestinal cancer.

The 59-year-old actress recently underwent surgery to remove a tumor found in her lower intestine and is expected to have more radiation treatment and complete a course of chemotherapy.

"Throughout the journey of my life, I have maintained a strong faith in the power of the human spirit to overcome adversity," Fawcett said in a statement Friday. "I deeply believe in one?s own positive will to overcome even the most daunting challenges.

"I am resolutely strong and I am determined to bite the bullet and fight the fight while going through the next six weeks of cutting edge, state of the art treatment. I should be able to return to my life as it was before at the end of my treatment.

"I am so grateful for the overwhelming outpouring of concern, love, prayers and compassion from all over the world. You are all a source of enduring strength."

A tanned, glamorous Fawcett made a surprise appearance at the Emmy Awards in August alongside former partners in crime-fighting

Jaclyn Smith and Kate Jackson to pay tribute to Charlie's Angels producer Aaron Spelling, who passed away in June.

"I wish her the best and it's just shocking. I'm overwhelmed by the news, I had no idea," Tori Spelling told E! News.

"I've grown up with her--she's been a good friend. We've been costars, we've been neighbors, we've been friends, she's been like a mother to me at times. She's an amazing woman."

It was shortly after the Emmy appearance that Fawcett was diagnosed with the disease.

Strangely enough, both Smith and Jackson have faced down cancer, as well. Smith was treated for breast cancer in 2002, and Jackson battled two occurrences of breast cancer in the late 1980s. Additionally, Fawcett's sister succumbed to lung cancer, prompting the former pinup to do fund-raising appearances for the American Cancer society.

Meanwhile, Fawcett's longtime off-on beau Ryan O'Neal fought his own bout with leukemia in 2001 and is reportedly in remission.

He and Fawcett, who split in 1997 after 15 years together, have apparently reconnected in recent weeks. The couple were spotted earlier this month working out together at an L.A.-area gym.

"After Farrah got the diagnosis...she was devastated," an unnamed friend is quoted in the National Enquirer, which first reported the cancer diagnosis. "Everyone in the family cried for days. Then she snapped out of it and told Ryan, 'I'm going to beat this!'"

Fawcett, whose blonde feathered waves were "the Rachel" of the '70s, starred on Charlie's Angels--and many teenage boys' walls--from 1976 to 1980. She scored an Emmy nomination in 1984 for the acclaimed TV movie The Burning Bed, in which she played a battered wife who sets her husband on fire in his sleep.

More recently she guest-starred on Ally McBeal, Spin City and the CBS legal drama The Guardian, and showed up alongside Ja Rule and Tim Meadows in the film The Cookout. Last year she offered herself up to the reality TV gods, starring in Chasing Farrah on TV Land and, shortly before the Emmys, took a turn poking good-natured vulgar fun at William Shatner during Comedy Central's televised roast of the Star Trek star.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    The news about Keisha dissapoints me.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

J-Lo cheap?

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee View Post
    The news about Keisha dissapoints me.
    Me, too. That is way too young to have a baby... Sigh.

Regarding Anna Nicole and her pseudo marriage...I think it's in poor taste to get married so soon after your child's death. Mourn. Then rejoice.

In other celebrity news...

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movi...on=cnn_showbiz

Jennifer Lopez accused of stiffing jet company
    POSTED: 9:13 a.m. EDT, October 6, 2006

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- A private jet company has sued Jennifer Lopez, saying the singer and actress is late on payments for a pair of chartered flights.

Avjet Corp. of Burbank sued Wednesday in Los Angeles Superior Court, seeking nearly $35,000.

It claims Lopez has yet to pay for two flights on Gulfstream jets from Farmingdale, New York -- one to Puerto Rico on January 26, and another to Burbank on May 25.

Each flight cost about $16,000, according to the lawsuit, and with interest the bill totals $34,241.

An invoice lists the passengers as Marco Muniz -- the real name of her musician husband, Marc Anthony -- and Lopez under the name Jennifer Muniz, along with four other guests.

Calls made after business hours Thursday to Lopez's attorney and publicist were not immediately returned.

Lopez, 36, has appeared in such films as "Selena," "Out of Sight" and "Monster-in-Law."

She and Anthony co-star in "El Cantante," a biopic of salsa legend Hector Lavoe that premiered at the Toronto Film Festival last month.

If this is true, what a cheapppppppppppppppppppppp woman! Pay your bills!

Quote Originally Posted by Lamia View Post
    So why would Anna Nicole Smith get "married" to her lawyer now? Her (their?) daughter is only 3 weeks old. Aren't most people instructed by doctors not to have sex for at least 6 after giving birth?
    Think it through. If this was a more legitimate situation, chances are they would have gotten married when Anna was pregnant.

This has nothing to do with having sex, it's all legal maneuvering by this guy to protect his "assets". Now he's got some legal basis to grab more of Anna's money, as well as more of a legal hold on that kid which may or may not really be his.

Also, there are other financial issues. Apparently the "happy couple" sold the rights to the wedding photos to People Magazine for something like $1 million. A few weeks ago, In Touch magazine was sold the "last photos" of poor dead Daniel for 400K.

Would any of us wonder if Howard K. Stern did this as some crazy stunt to avoid being charged for Anna's son's murder? Or at least some kind of negligence, since other rumors have him as the "supplier" for all of the recreational, antidepressant and "painkilling" drugs (Methadone, allegedly--which was overwhelmingly present in Daniel's blood when he died, along with antidepressants Lexapro and Zoloft) Anna and he have allegedly taken over the past few years, and Daniel could have simply been "borrowing" some of that stash.

Here's one article discussing that theory...

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I feel awful for Anna Nicole even though I think she is a nutcase.

Howard looked pretty bad on Larry King. No matter how $ hungry they are I think they must be beyond heartbroken.

Daniel was my daughter's age and died on my daughter's 20th birthday. I just can't conceive how one can get through it without a complete mental breakdown. We all know she is not wrapped too tight. At least Howard seems somewhat stable.

I'm disgusted with her family making $ off his death. Just sickening.

+ Reply to Thread