+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4587Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2875726;
    Personally if it was me, I would make sure that they all had a college education, house, a car and a nice nest egg to set them up to make it on their own.
    That's pretty much what I said below... With those advantages, anyone should be able to make a nice life for themselves. Think about how much you could've socked away if you didn't have to worry about a mortgage (or rent) and car payments etc.!

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2875717;
    I don't buy this. Aaron Spelling was a smart man, and hugely successful. Plus he lived in a mansion that had a seperate room for gift-wrapping! Maybe he didn't know how much he had down to the cent, but I'm sure he had a general idea it was in the millions, not in the thousands.
    I'm just saying what was in the book... I always thought he wanted to leave his kids some money when he died but that that majority would be left to his wife, who he assumed would leave money to the kids when she died. When my father passed away, he left everything to my mother so that she can lead a comfortable life. None of us kids need the money and we'd rather our mother spent it all now while she's alive and can enjoy it. But she's intent on wanting to leave it all to us and doesn't want to spend that much.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

My mom is the same way. She used the money that Dad left by going back to school. She earned a very comfortable living and is now retired. I remember her asking us if she could go on a trip several years ago. We told her it was her money, not ours, and to spend it all if she could!

Again, I think it's all on how you were raised. How sad that the kids of today pick the money over the parents. And how many parents are out partying rather than spending time with their kids.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2875717;
    I don't buy this. Aaron Spelling was a smart man, and hugely successful. Plus he lived in a mansion that had a seperate room for gift-wrapping! Maybe he didn't know how much he had down to the cent, but I'm sure he had a general idea it was in the millions, not in the thousands.
    Spelling certainly knew he was worth more than almost anyone else in Hollywood.

Personally I don't know what to think of Tori, or her mother. While it seems almost the norm for Hollywood kids to have bad mothers, I'm not sure we have all the facts here.

I mean nobody ever seems to talk about the fact that Tori's brother, who wasn't estranged from Candy Spelling, didn't get any more out of Aaron's will than Tori did. Or that Candy set up a $10 million dollar trust fund for Tori's son, and will likely do the same for her next kid.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2875849;
    I mean nobody ever seems to talk about the fact that Tori's brother, who wasn't estranged from Candy Spelling, didn't get any more out of Aaron's will than Tori did. Or that Candy set up a $10 million dollar trust fund for Tori's son, and will likely do the same for her next kid.
    Tori mentioned that in the book.

I don't think Candy's going to be too happy with how she's portrayed in the book...

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2875862;
    I don't think Candy's going to be too happy with how she's portrayed in the book...
    She wasn't happy with how she was portrayed on So NoTORIous either--a show which I actually liked, despite my better judgment. Loni Anderson did a great job as Kiki, the fictional-ish Tori's mother.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2875918;
    She wasn't happy with how she was portrayed on So NoTORIous either--a show which I actually liked, despite my better judgment. Loni Anderson did a great job as Kiki, the fictional-ish Tori's mother.
    I saw a few episodes of that show and liked it, too. Tori said in her book that Loni was very warm and friendly to her--kind of like the mom she had always wished for. According to the book, Candy was jealous of the attention Aaron gave Tori (not in a sexual way or anything creepy like that). Anyhow, like I said before, this is all Tori's version of her life and who knows what reality actually is. (I can't believe I even read the book but for its ilk, it kept my interest!)

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2875971;
    Anyhow, like I said before, this is all Tori's version of her life and who knows what reality actually is. (I can't believe I even read the book but for its ilk, it kept my interest!)
    For what it's worth, I can't fault you at all for reading her book . I actually like Tori - she seems to have a sense of humour about herself and appears to deal with life's issues with some equanamity. Her mother, on the other hand, I have been somewhat creeped out by for a couple of decades and I wouldn't read her book if it were the last book on earth.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2876004;
    For what it's worth, I can't fault you at all for reading her book .

I did a one-two of reading her book and Valerie Bertinelli's book. They make for great airplane/airport reading!

I too want to read Tori's book. I have always wondered what really strained her relationship with her mother as well. Does she talk about her brother in the book? I've seen him on a couple of biography shows about Tori and her family.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2876025;
    I too want to read Tori's book. I have always wondered what really strained her relationship with her mother as well. Does she talk about her brother in the book? I've seen him on a couple of biography shows about Tori and her family.
    Not too much. Just to say that even though he's her younger brother, he has always looked out for her like an older brother would. Her issue seems to be with her mother... If what Tori says is correct, what really strained their relationship is that her mother began dating a family friend--who also had a big pull with Aaron--while her father was sick and not really aware of what was going on. The mother has denied this, so who really knows...

+ Reply to Thread