+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5216Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

MRD

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Wow, wonder who will get the house. I've seen it and it is sensational. Come to think of it, I think I have pictures of it. (I am SUCH a tourist)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2870419;
    First off, wasn't she awarded 70,000, not just 35? Secondly, I support my family on less than $35,000. This woman really needs to get a grip. If I were Paul with her not backing off I would file for custody. Since she can't afford it then Beatrice should be with the parent that can. I bet that would shut her up.
    I believe she was awarded approximately 30,000 in pounds, approximately 70,000 in US dollars, per year. That is specifically earmarked for Beatrice and is in addition to approximately 1.2 million dollars given to Heather per year. God knows I could take care of my whole family very nicely for that.

She should be ashamed of herself.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2870674;
    Wow, wonder who will get the house. I've seen it and it is sensational. Come to think of it, I think I have pictures of it. (I am SUCH a tourist)
    The house? She has 7 (or wanted... that was on her original request that she needed money to pay for 7 houses with full time staff. heh.) But Paul's main estate (can't remember the name at the moment) stays with Paul. I imagine that is the one to which you are referring.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2870964;
    The house? She has 7 (or wanted... that was on her original request that she needed money to pay for 7 houses with full time staff. heh.) But Paul's main estate (can't remember the name at the moment) stays with Paul. I imagine that is the one to which you are referring.
    No, Robin Williams' house in San Francisco, not Paul's.

Sorry, didn't clarify when the topic changed.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey

Also we wonder what has happened to Linda McCartney's money - she was worth some £150million when she died.
    OMG. Are they serious? Linda's money?? I would think a good part of that amount, if not all, would have been her inheritance from her own family. She was an Eastman: that is, the Eastman in Eastman Kodak. Since Paul never needed her money, I would think it went to their children, i.e., trust fund for each of them. Surely there was something done to protect that money for their children.

She is keeping every receipt - including her invoice to her security team - to show that £35,000 is just not sufficient.
    Oh, NOW Mills is interested in receipts. Funny how that didn't work for her in the proceedings that just ended, where she couldn't produce receipts, bank statements, tax returns, etc.

If she could have proved Paul was worth £800 million, why didn't she do so during the 2+ years of their separation? I think she knows damn well she can't prove it but wants to keep dragging Paul into court, spending more money on lawyers and accountants until he's fed up and makes a deal with her just so she'll STFU and go away. In the meantime she has to be the most despised person in the U.K., and what does that mean for poor little Bea, who means nothing more to Heather than mommy's little ATM.
    Last edited by MizDaisy; 03-26-2008 at 09:48 PM.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy;2871144;
    OMG. Are they serious? Linda's money?? I would think a good part of that amount, if not all, would have been her inheritance from her own family. She was an Eastman: that is, the Eastman in Eastman Kodak.
    Actually, that's a fallacy. She wasn't from the Eastman Kodak family. She was, however, from a well to do family. She left all her money to Paul when she passed away.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2872247;
    Actually, that's a fallacy. She wasn't from the Eastman Kodak family. She was, however, from a well to do family. She left all her money to Paul when she passed away.

And you are correct about Linda

It is still commonly believed that the late Linda McCartney, who's maiden name was Linda Eastman, was related to the Eastman family of Eastman-Kodak fame. This is not so. On the contrary, Linda's family name was originally Epstein (no relation to Brian Epstein), and their family name was changed to Eastman when they emigrated to America.
    Internet Beatles Album - Beatles Myths

FORT Fogey

Good grief, I believed that myth about Linda Eastman's family for longer than I care to admit. It was the common wisdom back in the day. Thanks for the real story!

If she left her money to Paul, I'll bet their kids are thrilled to know that Heather wants a piece of it.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy;2872903;
    Good grief, I believed that myth about Linda Eastman's family for longer than I care to admit. It was the common wisdom back in the day. Thanks for the real story!

If she left her money to Paul, I'll bet their kids are thrilled to know that Heather wants a piece of it.
    No worries! Her family was really rich though, so it's understandable. From what I read, a lot of Linda's wealth came not from her family, but from her own ventures. She had a line of vegetarian food that made a ton of money for her in her own right--and that was money SHE earned...just like Paul earned his Beatles money himself... I really don't like that Heather is going after that. Anyone with some decency would realize that that money belongs to her kids when Paul eventually dies...

As much as I can't stand Heather, Paul put himself in this position by NOT having her sign a prenup. What was he thinking?!

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2872959;

As much as I can't stand Heather, Paul put himself in this position by NOT having her sign a prenup. What was he thinking?!
    You're right, he wasn't thinking. But with that kind of $$ I'm not sure if it matters. I on the other hand like Bill & Melinda Gates' attitude of leaving something for their children but just enough so the children have to work. Bill Gates said he had to earn it, so why shouldn't the children know how to work for their own money.

+ Reply to Thread