+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5270Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I can't imagine anything less fun than giving into the feeling that you have to play the part of the fool to call attention to yourself all of the time. "Pit-i-ful", as Jed Clampett used to say.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Richie Sambora Arrested on DUI Charge - Richie Sambora : People.com

Richie Sambora has been arrested on a DUI charge in Laguna Beach, Calif., TMZ.com reports.

The Bon Jovi guitarist was pulled over around 11 p.m. Tuesday night after police said they spotted him driving erratically. He was driving a Hummer and failed multiple filed sobriety tests, according to TMZ.

"At this point there's no indication of drugs," said Laguna Beach PD Sgt. Jason Kravetz.

In June 2007, Sambora entered a treatment facility. "I was just drinking too much and I needed to get my life together," he said during a Today show appearance. "I'm still in therapy and stuff like that, but it's good. I'm great. I feel fine."

Last year was a difficult one for the musician, 47. He and actress Denise Richards broke up after dating for about a year. In April, his divorce from Heather Locklear was finalized and that same month, his father died of lung cancer.
    CYA

Heather's still digging for more gold...

Heather calls in the experts to prove Paul DOES have 800million
    By RICHARD SIMPSON
    Last updated at 07:02am on 26th March 2008

Heather Mills has told friends she is employing a team of forensic accountants to examine her former husband's finances

Heather Mills is trying to prove Sir Paul McCartney is worth much more than the 400million he claimed in their divorce battle.

She has told friends she is employing a team of forensic accountants to examine her former husband's finances.

Such information, she hopes, will lead to the divorce ruling being overturned and see more money go to their daughter Beatrice, four.

In her impromptu press conference after the divorce hearing at the High Court, Miss Mills said: "We all know he's worth 800million. He's been worth 800million for the last 15 years."

The Sunday Times Rich List put the former Beatle's wealth last year at 825million.

Miss Mills, who was awarded a 24million settlement, had recruited accountancy firm Lee and Allen in an attempt to discredit Sir Paul's own valuation of his wealth.

In the judgment last week, Mr Justice Bennett confirmed that many of the requests for information made by Lee and Allen were declined by the court.

Miss Mills intends to take on another accountancy firm to examine Sir Paul's music rights, business assets and properties such as his Peasmarsh estate in East Sussex.

She claims to have recordings of her ex-husband telling her he is worth at least 800million.

Dr Philip Beresford, who compiles the Sunday Times Rich List, said: "All I would say is that we were surprised that the valuation of the music rights and business assets were so low.

"Also we wonder what has happened to Linda McCartney's money - she was worth some 150million when she died.

"Also the (McCartney) children all seem to have gone very quiet. They were bleating before about money.

"We were wondering whether he had given them some slabs of money first to keep them quiet and then to keep them off his balance sheet. We were certainly surprised by the figures.

"Obviously it is in the interest of his accountants and himself to keep the figure as low as possible."

In her impromptu press conference after the divorce hearing at the High Court, Heather said of Sir Paul McCartney: 'We all know he's worth 800million'

Miss Mills has told friends she cannot look after Beatrice on 35,000 a year, the sum awarded at the High Court.

One said: "Heather says she can prove the amount of money that is being given to look after Bea will not last over the year. She is putting it to the test.

"Even with Bea travelling in economy Heather says it's not enough. She is keeping every receipt - including her invoice to her security team - to show that 35,000 is just not sufficient.

"Heather's thinking is that Bea should not be seen to have a different lifestyle when she is with Heather compared to Paul - and she is going about proving that is not possible.

"Heather is hoping Paul will discretely make a payment to her annually rather than want to go back to court and rake all this up again."

However, a legal source pointed out last night: "Mr Justice Bennett made the ruling based on Heather's need and also based on the standard of living the couple enjoyed when they were together.

"It is quite possible that even if Heather proves that Paul was worth 800million, it would not greatly affect the ruling. It is certainly not a given that she would even be granted leave to appeal."
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Even with Bea travelling in economy Heather says it's not enough. She is keeping every receipt - including her invoice to her security team - to show that £35,000 is just not sufficient.
    Are you freaking KIDDING me? Greedy cow.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

MRD

What a greedy *itch!

So she wants Linda's estate too???

I hope this costs Heather a TON of money and the forensic accountants find things to be just what the court finds them and she's out the money on the accountants from HER own pocket and gets no more from Paul.

Does she not realize just how she is coming across? Face it the world LOVES Paul and everyone else pretty much loathes her at this point. She'd be best to take what she got and fade into obscurity. Poor Beatrice.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Miss Mills has told friends she cannot look after Beatrice on £35,000 a year, the sum awarded at the High Court.
    First off, wasn't she awarded 70,000, not just 35? Secondly, I support my family on less than $35,000. This woman really needs to get a grip. If I were Paul with her not backing off I would file for custody. Since she can't afford it then Beatrice should be with the parent that can. I bet that would shut her up.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Actor Richard Widmark dies at 93

Wow, I can't believe he was 93. RIP Mr. Widmark
    Actor Richard Widmark dies at 93 - Yahoo! News
    Actor Richard Widmark dies at 93
    By STEPHEN SINGER, Associated Press Writer Wed Mar 26, 1:20 PM ET

HARTFORD, Conn. - Hollywood actor Richard Widmark, who often portrayed killers, cops and Western gunslingers, has died after a long illness. He was 93.

Widmark's wife, Susan Blanchard, says he died at his home in Connecticut on Monday.

He made his film debut in 1947 as a giggling killer in "Kiss of Death" and became a leading man in "Broken Lance," "Two Rode Together" and 40 other films.

He also starred in the Samuel Fuller film noir "Pickup on South Street" and "Madigan," a 1968 film with Widmark as a loner detective that became a short-lived TV series.

One said: "Heather says she can prove the amount of money that is being given to look after Bea will not last over the year. She is putting it to the test.

"Even with Bea travelling in economy Heather says it's not enough. She is keeping every receipt - including her invoice to her security team - to show that £35,000 is just not sufficient.
    Poor Bea, what a stinking mess to have for a mother. We've already seen that Heather is great for stockpiling things to have receipts which she'll then use to claim this is 'normal and usual' expenditures, and the judge already threw that tactic out the window into the Thames, calling it her "perceived lifestyle", so why does she think that dragging poor Bea all over the world just to get travel receipts isn't going to be seen as the ploy it is, too? It's just ... so lovely... seeing a mother use her child so blatantly in such a public way.

"Heather is hoping Paul will discretely make a payment to her annually rather than want to go back to court and rake all this up again."
    In other words, she's going to try to publicly blackmail Paul into more money, hoping she can cause enough public stink that he'll want to buy her silence.

Well, she certainly does stink, that's for sure. She's disgusting.

Question to anyone who followed their divorce from the beginning -- Just how did it come about that Heather has custody of Beatrice? Was it just a father allowing his daughter to be with the mother, not knowing at the time how Mills would end up using her as a tool?
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Some Robin Williams news...

Robin Williams, wife divorcing after 19 years

SAN FRANCISCO, California (AP) -- After nearly 19 years of marriage, Robin Williams and his wife are getting divorced.
    Williamses

Robin Williams and Marsha Garces Williams have two children together.

Marsha Garces Williams filed a petition for dissolution of marriage on March 21 in San Francisco Superior Court, citing irreconcilable differences.

The two met when Garces Williams worked as a nanny for Williams' son Zachary, whom he had with his previous wife, Valerie Valardi.

Robin and Garces Williams also have two children together, Zelda and Cody.

Williams, 56, won an Academy Award for his role in the film "Good Will Hunting." He also starred in the 1980s sitcom "Mork & Mindy," and has acted in a number of movies including "Dead Poets Society" and "Patch Adams."

Williams' agent Mara Buxbaum confirmed that the couple is splitting, but had no further comment. An attorney for his estranged wife would not comment on the case.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I don't care if Paul McCartney is worth 17 billion dollars. How is she entitled to any more than she got? She received MILLIONS of dollars that she didn't earn. They weren't married that long. As has been pointed out, if she can't take care of Bea with the the millions he has already given her, then she should relinquish custody to Paul. OR, how about this? GET A FREAKING JOB, lady, like the rest of the single moms out there. Paul has a ton of money to fight this and it won't hurt his total bank account much. On the other hand, this could cost her quite a bit. This ticks me off so much. With that kind of money, she NEVER has to work again. She and Bea will live a very luxerius life with what Paul's already provided for her...and my guess is Paul intends on spending more on Bea as she gets older--he just wants to make sure it goes to HER and not to Heather.

+ Reply to Thread